Would you be the opposite sex for a day?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Hell yeah!

Being a woman must be like being James Bond. People want to be around you, give you cool stuff and you just generally get to do what you want.
    Unless you look and act like this
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  31.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Why not I might actually do something that day other than be on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    How dare you tell me what I am referring to. I can't believe you men try and dictate to us occasional women whether I dispute my gender or my sex.
    1. You assume I'm a guy based on the fact I have an opinion and I'm online. My gender is female.

2. My statement was based on the fact that you can choose freely what your gender is but you can't freely choose your sex, that requires changing over time through actual hospital related things.

3. You weren't exactly clear either way so it is down to the person to assume when you say you don't fit into either as unless you are mid process of changing your sex then you would only be referring to your gender.

4. I wasn't having a go at you at all, I just prefer people know the terms they are using as sex =/= gender.

5. I didn't tell you what you were referring to, I said "I believe you may" -be/are referring to- This is me saying that you didn't exactly say it correctly and as most people misuse the terms gender and sex I had to make sure you were aware they are different terms, not the same thing.

6. Stop being so aggressive as soon as someone tries to help you because they can't read your mind to tell if you know something or not so all they can do is help you know that you may need to clarify or make known the fact you know you are using the words correctly. There was at least 2 meanings what you said could be taken as, you can't blame me for picking one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkarian)
    1. You assume I'm a guy based on the fact I have an opinion and I'm online. My gender is female.

2. My statement was based on the fact that you can choose freely what your gender is but you can't freely choose your sex, that requires changing over time through actual hospital related things.

3. You weren't exactly clear either way so it is down to the person to assume when you say you don't fit into either as unless you are mid process of changing your sex then you would only be referring to your gender.

4. I wasn't having a go at you at all, I just prefer people know the terms they are using as sex =/= gender.

5. I didn't tell you what you were referring to, I said "I believe you may" -be/are referring to- This is me saying that you didn't exactly say it correctly and as most people misuse the terms gender and sex I had to make sure you were aware they are different terms, not the same thing.

6. Stop being so aggressive as soon as someone tries to help you because they can't read your mind to tell if you know something or not so all they can do is help you know that you may need to clarify or make known the fact you know you are using the words correctly. There was at least 2 meanings what you said could be taken as, you can't blame me for picking one.
    I think they may be trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I think they may be trolling.
    Well either way they have like a few minutes to prove you wrong before I ignore them or something.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    if you had the chance to be the opposite sex for 24 hours, would you accept?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:
    I admit to being curious about various aspects of what it's like to be a guy. For example, having, you know, a thing that swings in that place, ah well, best not be too specific. Also just what it takes to act that dumb in many cases. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be a guy so I can know if anal feels nice for boys :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkarian)

I'm so sorry for lashing out :'(

It's just really hard and I take it out in the wrong way. I want to identify as 15 genders but I can only name 8. Do you know how hard it is to want to identify as more genders than actually exist. It's so frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    plz?

I'm practically female already just gimme the body of one and I'm happy :3
    Bring me the following things:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -Blood of a mortal virgin
    -Head of an eel
    -Tongue of a serpent
    And most importantly,
    -Finger of Piers Morgan.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but only if I was hot. I'd strut my stuff haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, like would a day of being a man, maybe put me off men for life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    I'm so sorry for lashing out :'(

It's just really hard and I take it out in the wrong way. I want to identify as 15 genders but I can only name 8. Do you know how hard it is to want to identify as more genders than actually exist. It's so frustrating.
    Would you like to pm me and go over the ones you know and why you feel like you have to identify as 15 specifically?
    Normally you only identify as maybe one or two because many are polar opposites and some have words to describe a max between the two.

Is this you now saying that you were talking about gender or are you talking about sex, can you confirm you understand the difference between them for me so I can be sure I'm not giving you help in the wrong area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Bring me the following things:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -Blood of a mortal virgin
    -Head of an eel
    -Tongue of a serpent
    And most importantly,
    -Finger of Piers Morgan.

done, see ya soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    done, see ya soon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Preferably the thumb.

ReputationRep:
    Yes although I wouldn't mind being a guy permanently tbh. All that male privilege must be good to posess

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes definitely, it would give me a greater understanding of the social disadvantages women face which I will never appreciate as a heterosexual cis-White shitlord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Yes although I wouldn't mind being a guy permanently tbh. All that male privilege must be good to posess
    There are female privileges as well.

I think being female is like being James Bond. You can pretty much get away with anything, do what you want and people just want to be with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    There are female privileges as well.

I think being female is like being James Bond. You can pretty much get away with anything, do what you want and people just want to be with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can't really though, can you?

Drive a car wrong= Oh it's because she's a woman
    Have sex with loads of guys= Slut
    Have sex with no guys= Prude/ virgin
    Be a career woman= unattractive + masculine
    Be a housewife= Sponge off man
    Be a leader/ manager= Oh she's bossy/ a *****

No man, ever, gets ridiculed for the above except maybe for being a virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    You can't really though, can you?

Drive a car wrong= Oh it's because she's a woman
    Have sex with loads of guys= Slut
    Have sex with no guys= Prude/ virgin
    Be a career woman= unattractive + masculine
    Be a housewife= Sponge off man
    Be a leader/ manager= Oh she's bossy/ a *****

No man, ever, gets ridiculed for the above except maybe for being a virgin
    Ok, this is partly true.

There are lots of things a man would get called names for as well

If they cried in public; weak etc, they get taken the mick of
    If they liked feminine things they get called gay.
    If they are in a playground looking after their kid they get called a pervert
    If they don't have sex then they get called names
    If they are small or skinny they get taken the mick of

Etc.

Yes, it can be hard for both sexes. But perhaps the female gets called more names.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.