Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Movies you hated but critics loved

ReputationRep:
    Borat

It got really good reviews but was one of the worst films I had ever seen. It was garbage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Spirited Away

Birdman

Trainspotting
    lol just said I need to see Birdman next...

Trainspotting was kinda boring but the book deserved an adaptation. The film didnt do it right but it's a start.

ReputationRep:
    Brad Pitt's an acting legend tbf, although really peaked i think at the turn of the century e.g. fight club and snatch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Stop it, a decade is 10 yrs meaning from the year 0 to every 10 years :rolleyes: and ur losing this argument hard if you're nitpicking that but can't go back to the topic which is Leo is overrated and needed to get raped by a CGI BEAR to win something :congrats:

You tried. You're tired now. I'll let you rest lol
    Cambridge dictionary definition:
    a period of ten years, especially a period such as 2010 to 2019

To help with that

Period:

a length of time

First part is important as it shows that it doesn't refer to specific years but that it just means a measure of time.

ReputationRep:
    I need to see Birdman next. Norton is a top actor. Never had a problem with the lad on my screen.
    Birdman's some stuff, real good. Proper Norton just playing about though, check out Moonrise Kingdom- hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Amelie
    Rango
    Dawn of the planet of the apes
    Let the right one in (hate might be too strong a word for this one)

ReputationRep:
    I need to see Birdman next. Norton is a top actor. Never had a problem with the lad on my screen.
    Birdman is great and Norton's been great in everything apart from the joke that was the Incredible Hulk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Amelie
    Rango
    Dawn of the planet of the apes
    Let the right one in (hate might be too strong a word for this one)
    lmao which Let Me In.. you mean the vampire one?

Amelie made me cringe. Nice colours but stupid as **** story.

Lmao at mentioning the other two as even being films..depp does what he wants though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBirdman)
    Birdman is great and Norton's been great in everything apart from the joke that was the Incredible Hulk.
    American History X is actually a top film like it's way up there. He bulked up for it too.

Yea I don't watch superhero films so idk how he did. Plus there's too many of the same superhero played by diff people eugh.

ReputationRep:
    American History X is actually a top film like it's way up there. He bulked up for it too.

Yea I don't watch superhero films so idk how he did. Plus there's too many of the same superhero played by diff people eugh.
    I have a friend who hated American History X but it is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    I'm not talking about popular movies here but movies which won awards, Oscars and revieved high ratings on rotten tomatoes or imdb

For me its the one who flew over the cuckoos nest
    It was a complete bore fest, I actually don't mind slow paced movies but I felt like nothing significant happened on the movie
    The main character was an a hole and people say the movie was meant to be symbolic of male oppression but it was so boring uninteresting and I didn't enjoy it one bit
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Titanic, the end was so predictable urghh

ReputationRep:
    lmao which Let Me In.. you mean the vampire one?

Amelie made me cringe. Nice colours but stupid as **** story.

Lmao at mentioning the other two as even being films..depp does what he wants though.

Yes the swedish vampire film.

Ikr, Amelie was painful to watch; the joke with the goldfish jumping out of the bowl was awful.

ReputationRep:
    WALL-E

I seriously cannot comprehend why that film won so many awards...

ReputationRep:
    akira and citizen kane spring tomind

ReputationRep:
    Gravity. I don't really need to say anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Gravity. I don't really need to say anything else
    I loved gravity people love to hate that movie

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Yes the swedish vampire film.

Ikr, Amelie was painful to watch; the joke with the goldfish jumping out of the bowl was awful.
    the swedish one was all right, why'd you not like it? I think there's an american version but I dont like the girl.

Lmao Amelie was just...it can't be considered a classic JUST because it had that colouring :dry: the film was dead and unfunny. Actually what was it about again? lol A weird...woman..virgin? ...falls for this...dude..while...trying to do...something?? lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy713)
    WALL-E

I seriously cannot comprehend why that film won so many awards...
    That made me :cry2: ?!

Went to see that with many small kids in my family good times :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    I loved gravity people love to hate that movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was absolutely beautiful but it was an awful film. The plot was pretty much nigh on nonexistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    akira and citizen kane spring tomind
    YES. Although tbf i would love to see a big ******* artsy director get a hold of Citizen Kane and do it now. Would either be a polite but brilliant Scorsese type flick or crash and burn as the most hated film in cinema history.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.