Economics help

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Is the highest grade you can get at AS level an A?
    Yes, you can only get A* at A Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Are you doing your A2's now? or are you just saying you're starting sixth form now and you want that grade overall haha?

Either way it's not actually THAT hard - well not on the old spec at least, I need 80% average and 90% above in the A2's... unit 4 is relatively easier if you like the subject and can write well with some knowledge of current affairs or maybe a case study you have chosen yourself.
    Yh Im in yr12 now starting econ lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mapotts53)
    Yes, you can only get A* at A Level
    Ah ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    for all elasticity formulas quantity is always at the bottom.

ped = %changeinprice/%changeinquantity
    yed = %changeinincome/%changeinquantity
    Hi econ plus dal said the value of price elasticity of supply is always POSITIVE but physics and math tutor hav done something different. econ plus dal also said you cover the sign in front when intrepreting the value of PES and PED but not XED or YED is that true? PLease HELP!!!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the tips!!!! (Sorry for late reply)
    How did you revise for the part about "similarities to and differences of methodology of natural sciences and other sciences"? In the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Thank you so much for the tips!!!! (Sorry for late reply)
    How did you revise for the part about "similarities to and differences of methodology of natural sciences and other sciences"? In the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What exam board is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kas9)
    What exam board is that?
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    AQA
    Same here.
    The best thing to do would be to find it in your textbook.
    Honestly though, that is probably one of the least likely things you'd be asked about, possibly find one multiple choice question about it, but i highly doubt that too.
    It's essentially about how social science is different to natural science. Do a little research in that, but you don't really need to concern yourself too much about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kas9)
    Same here.
    The best thing to do would be to find it in your textbook.
    Honestly though, that is probably one of the least likely things you'd be asked about, possibly find one multiple choice question about it, but i highly doubt that too.
    It's essentially about how social science is different to natural science. Do a little research in that, but you don't really need to concern yourself too much about that.

Is the book micro and Macro economics for dummies good? zainyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    I don't exactly what he said, but YED<1 doesn't have to be negative.

So you could have luxury - supercar with YED positive and more than 1.

Then butter - more or less a necessity, for which demand will rise but by less than income. If your house earns a bit more then your generally gonna consume a bit more of things like this.

Then margarine, which is an 'inferior' substitute for butter. You'll have to start buying more of it as you get poorer.
    I can see why he/she got confused to be honest. Had to read it two times to properly understand it lol.

What the person is saying is that:

- NEGATIVE YED is an inferior good, but YED of 1<x<-1 will indicate it is an inferior or normal necessity (depending on sign), and a YED of x>1 or x<-1 will mean it is a normal or inferior luxury.. not sure how you can have an inferior luxury so i think that will only work for normal goods?

hope that makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    Is the book micro and Macro economics for dummies good? zainyyyyy
    Never used it, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ask anyone questions about economics related questions
    How are you learning A2?
    Are you doing micro or macro first?

ReputationRep:
    most public schools do them simultaneously, with one teacher doing micro and one for macro.

(Original post by kas9)
    How are you learning A2?

ReputationRep:
    doing micro first as i think there's more content to my last recollection on the specification. Also, I prefer micro to macro although i got way higher in macro

I am just selfteaching myself. I cant be bothered with the school slowing down to help teach everyone else

(Original post by kas9)
    How are you learning A2?

ReputationRep:
    doing micro first as i think there's more content to my last recollection on the specification. Also, I prefer micro to macro although i got way higher in macro

I am just selfteaching myself. I cant be bothered with the school slowing down to help teach everyone else
    Lol dude you're the same as me, i really like micro, but I got 70/100 and 59/80 in micro, and 80 and 110 in macro..

ReputationRep:

hey if you don't mind, i want to learn all of micro properly and macro in one year. what is ur method for self teaching and how far are u into the sylabuss?

ReputationRep:
    finished micro and i hate macro so much so im just going with the class.
    just going through all of econplusdal's videos
    (Original post by Jane122)
    hey if you don't mind, i want to learn all of micro properly and macro in one year. what is ur method for self teaching and how far are u into the sylabuss?

ReputationRep:
    finished micro and i hate macro so much so im just going with the class.
    just going through all of econplusdal's videos
    You've finished the whole of A-Level micro that quick? How?

ReputationRep:
    well the content is easy. Just look up the content online. All the content i have learnt is being retold to me in lessons so i dont think im doing it wrong

(Original post by kas9)
    You've finished the whole of A-Level micro that quick? How?

ReputationRep:
    well the content is easy. Just look up the content online. All the content i have learnt is being retold to me in lessons so i dont think im doing it wrong
    So you've essentially covered all the new A-Level micro content like labour market, behavioural economics etc?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.