Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being one of the few black people in your year Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Are people missing the OP's point this hard on purpose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sadly most people have completely missed my point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OILRIG)
    I don't understand why people are so against op wanting a friend of his own race??? It's not like he said he ONLY wanted black friends?

You guys need to chill, I think it says more about you than OP, I don't understand why you're all so defensive. Christ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I don't get why people think that I only want friends of the same culture as me. Thank you for being one of the few who ACTUALLY understand what I'm talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moon Man)
    I agree with op, I'm sick and tired of having to talk to non-whites, I need all my friends to be aryan white supremacists, just like myself. Only other aryans will understand things such as the white genocide and the Jewish question.
    Tell me you're joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The amount of stupidity thrown on this thread by deluded first world, self-centeredpeople is astonishing. Where the hell are their parents to reign their nonsense behaviour in? Seriously moaning about how you need another person of your colour so you can sit around and talk about hair. I’ve never known something as shallow and petty to look for when answering a question about friends. With the world at your fingertips, it must be impossible to download apps and find people of similar culture. It must be so hard getting off your butt and joining city/local groups, or an online one, where you can talk about colour until your heart desires. I suppose a quick Google search is beyond their capabilities.
    This whittling everything down to a colour, an ethnicity/culture etc., is absolutely abhorrent. I’m not going to reveal my ethnicity, age or gender because I don’t play by those cards. I guess I should really moan about how none of my friends do or understand my hobby, which is a pretty lonesome one (creative writing being one). I suppose I should actively go out my way to find those with similar interests, or similar physical attributes, just so I can feed nwot fweel so lnonly and eyesolated in fis big big wrld.

I suggest looking for deeper qualities in friends rather than their skin colour. You may not need friends for diversity (breadth) but perhaps friends with depth? Also, there are many groups online and in towns that make it easier than ever to find people of similar interests/problems. Regardless of colour, when you find someone with an open mind, someone you can connect with - none of this squad goal business where I feel it forces quantity over quality down our necks - then you really couldn't care less if they were called Jimbo from the Fartway Galaxy with green skin and blue freckles. I can't see there being any issues that a black westernised man has that a white westernized man can't relate to. Maybe you mean religion-wise, or culture? In that case, that makes a whole lot more sense, and those things are not defined by a certain colour
    wonder how quick it took you to gloss over the point of the post and insert what you think people mean. Of course hair isn't the only thing I want to talk about :/ I'm disagreeing when you say there aren't issues that black men and white men can't relate to. Trust me. There are.

(Original post by maninblack00)
    wonder how quick it took you to gloss over the point of the post and insert what you think people mean. Of course hair isn't the only thing I want to talk about :/ I'm disagreeing when you say there aren't issues that black men and white men can't relate to. Trust me. There are.
    Ah, I see. The Snowflake generation argument consists of trust, not facts, logic or actual points. You bleat on about how people are missing your point, and yet you're the very cause of it. Explain it. Perhaps even consider that other people may have a point too. That there are other opinions and perspectives. You cannot gloss over the very point I'm making about colour. Reread your first post. That's the information you gave - that's the information we respond to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I'm half Nigerian mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how can you say jollof is overrated then mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maninblack00)
    that person is so ****ing see-through white it's unreal
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by elliottsimpson)
    how can you say jollof is overrated then mate
    it just is.. there's not much to it apart from mixing sauce into rice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    it just is.. there's not much to it apart from mixing sauce into rice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    simple is better, like jerk chicken or friend plantains in butter, tastes of home

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.