Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour set to take Cameron's Witney constituency? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    I think labour should put a labour MP in place to replace Cameron in Witney. The people of his former constituency would probably choose a labour MP after 6 years of having David Cameron.
    The reasons are that people in Witney probably suffered the worst under Cameron's austerity, benefit cuts and bedroom tax were probably far worse here as a result of having the PM as local MP. I also think that since Cameron caused the EU referendum that Brexit will happen much quicker in Witney unless a labour MP can save Witney.
    So I would not be surprised if Cameron is replaced by a labour MP.

ReputationRep:
    If Witney has a high proportion of unemployed people who don't work then surely the Tory party are the last people they'd support, with all their cuts to welfare? If people don't work they can claim unemployment benefits and the unemployed are currently being threatened to look for work or be sanctioned and loose their benefits.
    Please for the love of god, just stop.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but labour is right behind them with a higher percentage gain of 4.2% vs 1.4% anything could happen with Brexit ruining the economy. People Witney may be scared and vote labour to stop or slow down Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    How are people taking OP seriously here still :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01lwc)
    How are people taking OP seriously here still :laugh:
    Because he's not a troll, he actually believes what he's writing.

ReputationRep:
    If Witney has a high proportion of unemployed people who don't work then surely the Tory party are the last people they'd support, with all their cuts to welfare? If people don't work they can claim unemployment benefits and the unemployed are currently being threatened to look for work or be sanctioned and loose their benefits.

I mean Teeside is therefore similar the Witney. A lot of people there don't work either and get welfare. But they support labour.
    Do you genuinely not understand the difference between "don't have to work" and "don't work?" I doubt the good people of Witney are particularly bothered about welfare cuts or bedroom taxes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.