[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Wow! Exciting times!
    Indeed!

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for?
    He applied just this Monday (26th September). He has also applied to St Andrews, Durham, King's College London, and York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Indeed!

He applied just this Monday (26th September). He has also applied to St Andrews, Durham, King's College London, and York.
    Woah that's quick! Did he get acknowledgement emails from all of the other ones? I'm hopefully sending mine off next week. Just need to get my teacher to write my reference.

Let me know when you hear back from Nottingham! Nottingham is one of my options too and I've heard they're slow as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for?
    Wow!!! That is super fast. I checked last year's thread, and I want to say the first offer was Oct. 2. Congrats to your friend! My daughter applied to Newcastle--got her application in 2 weeks ago. Nail biting begins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    Wow!!! That is super fast. I checked last year's thread, and I want to say the first offer was Oct. 2. Congrats to your friend! My daughter applied to Newcastle--got her application in 2 weeks ago. Nail biting begins!
    You're talking to the wrong person but I'll say thanks on his behalf

ReputationRep:
    You're talking to the wrong person but I'll say thanks on his behalf
    LOL, I realized that after I hit enter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    LOL, I realized that after I hit enter.
    Where did your daughter apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Woah that's quick! Did he get acknowledgement emails from all of the other ones? I'm hopefully sending mine off next week. Just need to get my teacher to write my reference.

Let me know when you hear back from Nottingham! Nottingham is one of my options too and I've heard they're slow as hell.
    I'll ask him now.

Yeah he got all 5 acknowledgement emails by Wednesday. Hopefully sending mine off next week too

Will do! Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    Where did your daughter apply for?
    Archaeology! I'm not going to tell her the offers are starting. No reason for two of us to be anxious, LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    I'll ask him now.

Yeah he got all 5 acknowledgement emails by Wednesday. Hopefully sending mine off next week too

Will do! Good luck mate.
    You too sweets Which one will you be firming?

ReputationRep:
    Should be applying soon

12th October is my personal deadline, just want to finish my personal statement and make sure that I know my predictions will match the courses (as I don't know if I'll be predicted an A*).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Should be applying soon

12th October is my personal deadline, just want to finish my personal statement and make sure that I know my predictions will match the courses (as I don't know if I'll be predicted an A*).
    Currently planning an essay that I'm hoping will be an A and convince my teacher to predict me an A

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished my personal statement, then I can apply pretty much whenever.

I'm considering Queen Mary for compsci but my predictions are BBB (1 grade below their requirements). Although I've heard people have received offers with these predictions, what factors would affect the likelihood of me getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    What would be a good fifth option if I'm applying for Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    What would be a good fifth option if I'm applying for Economics at LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Swansea? That's like a last resort kind of uni for Econ because they ask for like BBB, Or you could do Reading or Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    GOSH! You're all so prepared and I'm only on my second draft of my PS (which is somehow way longer than my first), but I'm getting my teacher to check it over for the first time tomorrow.

Ideally, I'd like my application to be away before the middle of October (since I'm still going to Open Days), but I feel like it's gonna keep me waiting in suspense for so long especially since Law is notorious for taking ages in offering places (but I know Leeds does it as they come in, rather than waiting until the January deadline)

I feel like I'm in a pretty safe position, my UCAS predictions are 3 A's and I've had so much experience to write about in my PS so I hope that's enough - the only issue is my LNAT for Bristol and I don't find out my score until February

Good luck everyone!!X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Haven't applied yet. I'll probably send off my application in two weeks. Should be applying to Oxford,KCL, Manchester, Bristol, and either UCL or Liverpool.
    Im applying for Oxford, KCL and Bristol for law too! What have you been predicted? Do you think A*AA will actually get a place at KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob-hockey)
    Im applying for Oxford, KCL and Bristol for law too! What have you been predicted? Do you think A*AA will actually get a place at KCL?
    I'm predicted A*AA, and yes! King's standard offer is A*AA, and if your PS and LNAT are strong then there's no reason why an A*AA PG would disadvantage you

ReputationRep:
    X
    Seen Swansea applicants thread from last year and most got their offers around dec/jan time Biochem and genetics were the last ones aaaaah fml

ReputationRep:
    Do you get an email of a university has made you an offer or do you have to keep checking track to find out?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.