Turn on thread page Beta

Working out during the holidays..... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGeadie)
    Yes, it burns exactly the same calories, however the end result is better if u run because it makes the heart muscles grow and more muscle means more calories burnt per day.
    lol youre not seriously suggesting that having bigger heart muscles will have any other effect on burning calories than a negligable one are you?

ReputationRep:
    yes. as i said, for every pound of muscle u have requires 50 - 60 calories per day. Therefore if your heart muscles were to increase in size then they would burn off extra calories to day.

ReputationRep:
    yes. as i said, for every pound of muscle u have requires 50 - 60 calories per day. Therefore if your heart muscles were to increase in size then they would burn off extra calories to day.
    lol this is killing me, I reckon itd be almost impossible to put a pound of muscle on your heart...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    lol this is killing me, I reckon itd be almost impossible to put a pound of muscle on your heart...

oh ha ha mr funny man. think TOTAL mass of muscle in pounds and multiply by 50-60 to get the total number of calories burnt off per day.

ReputationRep:
    oh ha ha mr funny man. think TOTAL mass of muscle in pounds and multiply by 50-60 to get the total number of calories burnt off per day.
    Youre suggesting that doing cardio exercise will increase the size of your hearts muscle which will in turn burn more calories a day. You didnt say anything about muscle other than cardiac muscle, which in reality is what does the calorie burning...

ReputationRep:
    Youre suggesting that doing cardio exercise will increase the size of your hearts muscle which will in turn burn more calories a day. You didnt say anything about muscle other than cardiac muscle, which in reality is what does the calorie burning...
    Correct. I was replying to a post. I assumed they would have read the posts before mine.

ReputationRep:
    Correct. I was replying to a post. I assumed they would have read the posts before mine.
    You dont need to say correct after I say something, I already know

ReputationRep:
    You dont need to say correct after I say something, I already know
    grr lol

ReputationRep:
    more exercise = increase heart muscle = more efficient and faster transport of oxygen to the mitochondria (also exercise increases mitochondria) = more energy supplied to cells = burn off more calories

Narb, how far are u in yer education? i.e. GCSE, A-Level, Degree? and what subject(s) have u taken for A-level or degree? I'm asking because yer profile says bugger all (just like mine), and u know yer exercise stuff - basic curiousity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    more exercise = increase heart muscle = more efficient and faster transport of oxygen to the mitochondria (also exercise increases mitochondria) = more energy supplied to cells = burn off more calories
    If the energy supply to sells becomes more efficient does that not mean youll actually burn less fat?

ReputationRep:
    If the energy supply to sells becomes more efficient does that not mean youll actually burn less fat?
    It means you are comparitively able to burn more fat in a given period by undergoing more vigorous exercise which is made possible by more energy to cells. You can't just "burn more fat" - energy is needed and it is never free.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.