Is it true you used to be able to downvote posts on TSR?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I'm sure ISA made a post once that got near or just over 1000 neg reps :rofl:
    What was the post about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    Jesus ****ing christ I forgot about her. I had an old TSR account years ago when negs and ISA existed, died and then came back recently reincarnated as Snape What happened to ISA, does anyone know? Did she get into Oxbridge? Did she get some self esteem??
    She didn't get into Cambridge, she ended up at Durham and has matured quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    What was the post about?
    Oxbridge superiority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She didn't get into Cambridge, she ended up at Durham and has matured quite a bit.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh yes forgot she went to Durham! Why did she stop posting on TSR tho I used to come back from college and look forward to see her new posts after a long day

ReputationRep:
    Jesus ****ing christ I forgot about her. I had an old TSR account years ago when negs and ISA existed, died and then came back recently reincarnated as Snape What happened to ISA, does anyone know? Did she get into Oxbridge? Did she get some self esteem??
    Nope to both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Nope to both
    Quick and to the point, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope to both
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post61591469 I'm crying. Just stalked her profile, so happy she's still active and recently posted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Quick and to the point, I like it.
    *bows*

:teehee:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post61591469 I'm crying. Just stalked her profile, so happy she's still active and recently posted
    I did miss ISA when s/he disappeared, tbh. I always voted for ISA in the "most missed TSR member" and "most controversial TSR member" in the yearly awards :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I did miss ISA when s/he disappeared, tbh. I always voted for ISA in the "most missed TSR member" and "most controversial TSR member" in the yearly awards :awesome:
    If she came back properly and posted the way she used to, I think people would quickly get bored and remember that they never liked her.

ReputationRep:
    would much rather have red gems than green gems

ReputationRep:
    Just to prove it! Name:  IMG_0550.PNG
Views: 12
Size:  446.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    If she came back properly and posted the way she used to, I think people would quickly get bored and remember that they never liked her.
    I never found ISA boring! Def was like :headdesk: but not boring. Though ngl, I've never had some much schadenfreude (not sure how to spell so hope you know the word I mean) as when s/he didn't get into Oxbridge :devil:

I'm such a meanie :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I never found ISA boring! Def was like :headdesk: but not boring. Though ngl, I've never had some much schadenfreude (not sure how to spell so hope you know the word I mean) as when s/he didn't get into Oxbridge :devil:

I'm such a meanie :getmecoat:
    Didn't you? I did. :bored: If she had got into Cambridge then I doubt she would have left tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you? I did. :bored: If she had got into Cambridge then I doubt she would have left tbh.
    Haha true. And fair enough that you found him/her boring. S/he was like a broken record in many ways...

ReputationRep:
    I think she was just young and outspoken - I kind of liked how bold she was in her posts, at least she didn't hold anything back and she had a neat way of staying just within the margins of rudeness to not get blocked whilst still being extremely rude. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Look at my red gems and bow down, peasants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    very rare to see
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Look at my red gems and bow down, peasants!
    Your red gems are disappearing, no? I recall you were at -5 last time I saw you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Your red gems are disappearing, no? I recall you were at -5 last time I saw you.
    Yeah. Every now and then I do say something people seem to agree with...

ReputationRep:
    Oh those were the days, when you could go and subtly troll other football teams threads after they lost (don't worry we all take it as banter, and it is a vital part of the football forum) and you knew you would get 4 or 5 lovely downvotes for your trouble.

They need to bring it back tbh, there's some real vile stuff on things like the religion forum for example which deserve 50+ downvotes, but due to the current system you would think these are popular opinions because 7 or 8 other idiots have upvoted then (oh and that's people on BOTH sides of every anti Islam debate).
    If you set a limit on downvotes a person could give to another poster or a limit on downvotes on a post then I don't see the problem. I remember them saying it was partly because trolls wore the red gems as a badge of honour but all it has ended up doing is make trolls more difficult to find and ignore.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.