Guys, how can girls improve their looks?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannyMorrison)
    I unfortunately wasn't gifted in the looks department. I'm not so ugly I break mirrors or anything and I'm pretty sure my mum didn't think about drowning me at birth. Also, I've managed to secure myself some wonderful partners over the years.

However, I have one motherducking face that needs improving. Don't tell me 'you're perfect the way you are' because if I wanted to hear that I'd have asked my mum for advice, not the internet. Don't get cute with me.

What can make a girl go from a 4 to a 9?

...or even a 4 to a 4.5 because, you know, everything's appreciated.

Doubt you are a 4.

A good hairstyle, make-up, the right clothes and exercise will go a long way.

Don't change too much. You may become objectively more attractive. But you may also cover up the 'flaws' that make your appearance unique. Some people will like your appearance as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckyblossom)
    I would think them about another girl but not say it to her out loud, that would be cruel. Unfortunately I can't hide my own thoughts from myself.

Also it's a bit of a stretch to call me a girl, to even put me in the same category as girls. I'm a failure of a girl.

C'mon please don't say that.

(Original post by stefano865)
    C'mon please don't say that.
    Some people really have no hope..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Sad isn't it?

(Original post by saraxh)
    I'm not a guy.
    Watch makeup tutorials. She was pretty before the makeup though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj8NeLUeoiQ
    Jesus Christ i would pay to see the guy who falls for her with make up, goes home and then sees her face without makeup, he would be running.

A lot of it is about confidence. The aura that you exceed, the way you stand, the very little things.
    Also, whilst it has already been mentioned: POSTURE.
    Keep your back straight. When you talk keep your voice strong. Most people like it when you take control, namely boys. Not too much make up, otherwise it can look like you're made of plastic.

ReputationRep:
    Near impossible to have hope to reach the age of 24 and still not had a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Doubt you are a 4.

A good hairstyle, make-up, the right clothes and exercise will go a long way.

Don't change too much. You may become objectively more attractive. But you may also cover up the 'flaws' that make your appearance unique. Some people will like your appearance as it is.
    Why you gotta be so logical? But I just feel a tad awkward when my partner is pretty attractive and I'm obviously lesser so. Not to the point it's like the Hunchback of Notre Dame or anything, but still a tad uncomfortable in pictures or at parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    This isn't about our personal experience though. I know girls like that exist. I look like a badly drawn cartoon yet a surprising number of girls have liked me back. It's possible.

The point is that most people hugely value looks and to tell the OP that it doesn't really matter what she looks like is being misleading. It may not matter to you but it matters to many many others some of whom she'll probably fancy at some point.
    Valid point in initial attraction! Your either a straight yes or a no. Everyone has a type. I don't go for the bad boys but I would fall for the nice geeky guy who was sensitive and intelligent. Because beauty fades.
    'Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. "

The poster will find someone who will tell her that she is beautiful without any make up on, because he will love her heart and her mind.

ReputationRep:
    Not a guy but I will answer.
    I would say work out and eat healthy! It does a lot. Even if you don't want to lose weight or whatever...you will feel much better and look better. Drink loads of water and if you are craving a drink, make a smoothie. Have a lot of fruits and vegetables. You will sre a difference within a month.

I am not saying pile yourself with makeup, but a nice good mascara and a good lipstick and maybe a touch of eyeliner can do a lot.

Smile! Your smile can make you a lot more attractive. I don't know how your teeth is but wheather or not it is good or not. You can look at teeth whitening.

Skin- having good skin is always a good thing. Take good care of it. Exfoliate, home made face masks.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ i would pay to see the guy who falls for her with make up, goes home and then sees her face without makeup, he would be running.
    Pffffffff, it's just acne, she looks great.

(Original post by RainbowMan)
    Pffffffff, it's just acne, she looks great.
    Actually its not "just acne" its severe acne. I don't know how you can call that "just acne"

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.