Advice on joining the army.

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanker)
    Just ring them up and say you want to withdraw your application, they just ask your name and that's it.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    After the crap i went through i wouldn't serve in the British Army.
    It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.
    Did i say that?
    Did i ever say me doing the courses and the college courses made me equal to someone that served?
    or did i say it to say i have some knowledge on the matter of applying for the job and a grasp of the idea behind the jobs themselves and did not contest the active knowledge of actually doing the job as a daily thing?

I'd say you hadn't won it but in all honesty Nobel prizes mean **** all to me and i have no idea how it'd feel to win a useless piece of metal.

EDIT: Just realized i likely did not fully explain the first part as well as i should have. Even then my part of the thread is pretty much over so no point replying to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    Didn't serve in the British Army i'd rather slit my own wrists then fight and die for a pathetic monarch and her subjects.
    Although the fact i didn't serve does not negatively impact my actual comments after all i was an Army Cadet, and i did 2 years of college studying for the Army, i aimed to be a para then decided it wasn't for me if the sheer fact that in the end i didn't do it means i can't comment then the British Army is even lower in my opinion.
    So, in other words, you are a no mark civvie cockwomble of a spunktrumpet who doesn;t have the slightest clue what service actually means.

Being a member of the ACF is NOT military experience , and doing uniformed public services at college marks you out as a no-mark as well ... as anyone with a modicum of nouse does an actual subject 16 -18 if they don;t get in to 'boy entry' ...

ReputationRep:
    My advice is, don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)

PRSOM

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.