Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on joining the army. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanker)
    Just ring them up and say you want to withdraw your application, they just ask your name and that's it.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    After the crap i went through i wouldn't serve in the British Army.
    It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's spouting that kind of gubbins that's getting people's backs up. You're equating being in the cadets and doing a random college course with having served. That's nothing but nonsense.

If I said I'd done A level physics so knew what it was too be a Nobel prize winner you'd call me deluded. And you'd be right. This is the same.
    Did i say that?
    Did i ever say me doing the courses and the college courses made me equal to someone that served?
    or did i say it to say i have some knowledge on the matter of applying for the job and a grasp of the idea behind the jobs themselves and did not contest the active knowledge of actually doing the job as a daily thing?

I'd say you hadn't won it but in all honesty Nobel prizes mean **** all to me and i have no idea how it'd feel to win a useless piece of metal.

EDIT: Just realized i likely did not fully explain the first part as well as i should have. Even then my part of the thread is pretty much over so no point replying to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    Didn't serve in the British Army i'd rather slit my own wrists then fight and die for a pathetic monarch and her subjects.
    Although the fact i didn't serve does not negatively impact my actual comments after all i was an Army Cadet, and i did 2 years of college studying for the Army, i aimed to be a para then decided it wasn't for me if the sheer fact that in the end i didn't do it means i can't comment then the British Army is even lower in my opinion.
    So, in other words, you are a no mark civvie cockwomble of a spunktrumpet who doesn;t have the slightest clue what service actually means.

Being a member of the ACF is NOT military experience , and doing uniformed public services at college marks you out as a no-mark as well ... as anyone with a modicum of nouse does an actual subject 16 -18 if they don;t get in to 'boy entry' ...

ReputationRep:
    My advice is, don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)

PRSOM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.