Birmingham Medicine 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    How big are they on personal statement pre interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisdale98)
    How big are they on personal statement pre interview?
    They don't really look at it that much at all

ReputationRep:
    When applicants receive the same pre-interview score (out of 10), which academic and non-academic factors do Birmingham give the most consideration to when deciding who to interview?

Do they produce a ranking of all candidates and interview the top 1000, for example? ie can it be assumed that every applicant with a very high score, say 9 and above will be interviewed? Or is it possible that an applicant with a 10 score isn't invited to interview as their other features weren't good enough?

ps my score is 8 and I'm trying to decide if I have the best chances of an interview here... I saw that 73% of those interviewed had a score of 8 AND ABOVE :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have 7.75 and I applied. Cut off was 6.17 last year or something like that so we should be alright

ReputationRep:
    Just got the email that my application is being considered further, exciting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    wohooo , when did you apply ? Did it say anything else about when interviews will start being sent out ?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    wohooo , when did you apply ? Did it say anything else about when interviews will start being sent out ?

Thanks.
    Not last Friday but thefriday before and nothing specific, it just said shortlisting for interviews could take some time and interviews run until spring 2017

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! High five, I got that too! I was wondering if this is just a general e-mail they send out to all applicants, or is it one of the first stages on narrowing down for the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys!

Say I got multiple interview calls (lucky, but don't know if that would happen). How can I schedule them so they are all at the same time? Request the universities individually for a selected time-period? I am an international student, so wouldn't want to fly in multiple times.

Hope you guys get an offer (or offers) to med school. You've all worked very hard, and deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeku)
    Awesome! High five, I got that too! I was wondering if this is just a general e-mail they send out to all applicants, or is it one of the first stages on narrowing down for the interviews?
    Well it said "admissions have seen your application and have n
    now passed to tutor for further consideration" so i think they have rejected the no hopes (predictions nowehere near A*AA, didn't reach academic cut off, that kinda thing) ANd now it's just the serious people

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys!

Say I got multiple interview calls (lucky, but don't know if that would happen). How can I schedule them so they are all at the same time? Request the universities individually for a selected time-period? I am an international student, so wouldn't want to fly in multiple times.

Hope you guys get an offer (or offers) to med school. You've all worked very hard, and deserve it!
    MMI interviews are all together, you do all the interview stations one after the other in the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    MMI interviews are all together, you do all the interview stations one after the other in the same day.
    He was talking about multiple universities' MMI not just one MMI.

ReputationRep:
    oh, my bad

ReputationRep:
    She, not he

ReputationRep:
    She, not he
    My bad

ReputationRep:
    I got this too. What doesn't this mean?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got this email ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressed16)
    I haven't got this email ?
    I only got this email today. Other people got it yesterday. So idk. Maybe yours will come later today/tomorrow/next week. I honestly have no idea what the email means anyway. Maybe it's just a general email that gets sent when they've calculated your score and passed it on to the next group of people to assess your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    I only got this email today. Other people got it yesterday. So idk. Maybe yours will come later today/tomorrow/next week. I honestly have no idea what the email means anyway. Maybe it's just a general email that gets sent when they've calculated your score and passed it on to the next group of people to assess your application.
    When did you send your application ?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, this email isn't the anything special, I'm assuming it just filters out people who haven't got the minimum gcse requirement, a level (e.g hasn't taken chemistry/biology) etc... wouldn't worry if you haven't got one yet. The email doesn't have any indication whether you're more likely to get an interview as ukcat results are not released to the unis until a week or two thus Birmingham cannot start scoring applicants.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.