I ****ing failed myself

Announcements

(Original post by im.a.witch)
    In hindsight you should have redone your Alevels.
    I know ALOT of people who "wouldn't dare do a third year at sixth form" and chose to do some pointless BTECH which they can complete in a week and counts towards nothing in life.

I did a third year and it was 100% worth it. Im heading towards a fantastic job and uni course because I didn't follow the crowd.

REDO YOUR ALEVELS , DO SOMEHTING YOU ENJOY AND GO SOMEWHERE YOU GENUINELY LIKE.

If you want any more advice just PM me
    Its impossible. In order to redo my a levels I'm going to have to redo my AS's which are a new spec. Its not feasible at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Most of them cheated on their business coursework and I over heard 4 boys talking about how they made some money off a bank scam so yeah they're totally 'hitting the ground running' aren't they?
    they were telling me about this girl in their classes who showed real promise in highschool but then didn't try during her A Levels and now has to be stuck in the same class as them.

apparantly she's so twisted and bitter now she wastes no opportunity to badmouth them behind their back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    ABC is good enough to get in to lots of universities, what are you talking about?
    These are Scottish Highers, not A-levels. In Scottish Universities you need AAAABB to get onto anything good, maybe AAAB first sitting

ReputationRep:
    Its impossible. In order to redo my a levels I'm going to have to redo my AS's which are a new spec. Its not feasible at all.
    it is feasible. The new spec doesn't stop you redoing your A LEVELS!??

Bcu isn't the end of the world just work hard and transfer

though i am retaking as i only got into aston
    Wait aston is rubbish?

You are a bright pupil and by the looks of it, you are more than capable of achieving when you put your mind to it. If I were you, I would work my absolute butt off for the first year, ace all the tests and exams push myself to get a first and mentally make a list of the universities I would hope to transfer to. Have you got any in mind? Also, since you'll be there for a year but it will go flying by - perhaps talk to someone, possibly a lecturer, a personal tutor on your thoughts and feelings. They may be able to help you out and ease you into the transition, especially if they see you putting in a lot of effort for it.

No matter what, it's not the end. I can put my bets on you and say you will become successful and the one thing that will get you there is drive and determination (well thats 2 things I guess), and that starts from now.

Good Luck Mate.

ReputationRep:
    If you find that you are incapable of enduring at least 3 years at BCU, my advice would be to do your A-Levels all over again and choose the set of A-Levels you are completely sure you would want to do (that is if you have the time and money). If that means changing the exam board entirely or self teaching all the courses then do so, if you don't want to be there then change it (you don't have to do anything you want to do).

I'm not simply remaining optimistic about your situation,i know that if people are motivated to do what they want and inspired to do it out of there own volition they can achieve what they want to do.

You are a bright pupil and by the looks of it, you are more than capable of achieving when you put your mind to it. If I were you, I would work my absolute butt off for the first year, ace all the tests and exams push myself to get a first and mentally make a list of the universities I would hope to transfer to. Have you got any in mind? Also, since you'll be there for a year but it will go flying by - perhaps talk to someone, possibly a lecturer, a personal tutor on your thoughts and feelings. They may be able to help you out and ease you into the transition, especially if they see you putting in a lot of effort for it.

No matter what, it's not the end. I can put my bets on you and say you will become successful and the one thing that will get you there is drive and determination (well thats 2 things I guess), and that starts from now.

Good Luck Mate.
    Yeah I'm compiling a list of unis which I'm going to email and ask if they would accept a formal application from me. P.s. You're so kind. We need more people like you in the world.

(Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    If you find that you are incapable of enduring at least 3 years at BCU, my advice would be to do your A-Levels all over again and choose the set of A-Levels you are completely sure you would want to do (that is if you have the time and money). If that means changing the exam board entirely or self teaching all the courses then do so, if you don't want to be there then change it (you don't have to do anything you want to do).

I'm not simply remaining optimistic about your situation,i know that if people are motivated to do what they want and inspired to do it out of there own volition they can achieve what they want to do.
    Again thank you for being so helpful but don't really see retaking my a levels as an option tbh but about the motivation bit, I definitely am motivated rn. I learnt a really cold, hard lesson through this whole bcu experience

ReputationRep:
    I've only read the first page, what subject are you doing?

The most important thing is you get a 2.1 and do some summer intership or work experience during your studies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not dumb tho I just picked the wrong a levels
    Mate when you are 30 this won't matter, there are usually several ways to get the career you want. Once you start working employers are all about work experience, just keep at it and make yourself stand out somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above poster, experience counts a lot.

However, you can always do a masters at a top uni.

Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.