Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Are women the friendlier gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    And yet you show absolutely no appreciation of it. Too bad.
    You haven't even bothered to provide me with any discussion other than the one really basic statement you made. I don't know what you appreciate, but it certainly ain't 'it'.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the individual. Men are more aggressive though, not doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I find it easier making friends with females, I think I get slightly intimidated by other males sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaNeuning)
    You haven't even bothered to provide me with any discussion other than the one really basic statement you made. I don't know what you appreciate, but it certainly ain't 'it'.
    Suit yourself. Denial is a strong tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    "Biological science", don't you mean "psychology"?
    Probably.

As I said, I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    No, they are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Depends. I find it easier making friends with females, I think I get slightly intimidated by other males sometimes.
    Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that there is a correlation between intelligence and friendliness for both men and women.Criminals and violent types generally tend to be pretty thick although there are exceptions.Anyway I would say that men are probably friendlier once you get to know them,they tend to be more reserved than women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackstar101204)
    Beta
    lmao, alright.

ReputationRep:
    hah! nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I would say that women are more approachable.

Women tend to smile more.
    Women are better with children.
    Did anyone else read that in George Osbourne's voice?

ReputationRep:
    As a woman, no. Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely goddamn not. Women don't even like other women

ReputationRep:
    I prefer women to men, in terms of being friendly that is. Other ways too, but you get the idea: I find them to be friendlier overall and a lot less judging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I would say that women are more approachable.

Women tend to smile more.
    Women are better with children.
    So, you are talking about your experiences with people you have met and observed in your environment? it sounds like an assumption of yourself.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles Dupiau)
    I suppose that people find the opposite gendre nicer
    Sounds plausible. People are regarding the different gender with different eyes. It just hard to think and to feel like a man as a woman and vice versa.*

ReputationRep:
    women appear more friendly but in their heads, a lot of sh** goes on, some will talk behind your back and you'll never know. I am a girl, and tbh I don't talk behind people's backs but sometimes I will pretend to be nice to someone but in my head i'll be like omg i hate u. With guys, they dont really care.. if they dont like you, they'll tell you straight up or stop talking to you. It depends on your definition on friendliness.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the OP knows how extremely subjective this thread is. Anyhow...I think it could come down to a circumstantial ordeal. They can be the friendlier type, that is most of the time...but they can be the exact opposite, ooh trust me on that sh**e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHARKU)
    women appear more friendly but in their heads, a lot of sh** goes on, some will talk behind your back and you'll never know. I am a girl, and tbh I don't talk behind people's backs but sometimes I will pretend to be nice to someone but in my head i'll be like omg i hate u. With guys, they dont really care.. if they dont like you, they'll tell you straight up or stop talking to you. It depends on your definition on friendliness.
    In other words: women are good actress to disguise some character flaws.

And even if some are realy friendlier, they tend to talk a lot. That can be annoyed sometimes. **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Did anyone else read that in George Osbourne's voice?

You must be a fan

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.