If you were to become famous, for what would you like it to be?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would love to be famous for something heroic

ReputationRep:
    A footballer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I would love to be famous for being an actress or making a difference
    I want to make a difference and there are some key things I want to achieve in my lifetime but I'm really not bothered about being remembered as I'll be dead and won't care then. I hope by the time I die I will have been able to make a difference for the next generations.

ReputationRep:
    For being a YouTube star or an author.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Research that has an impact
    This, plus related campaigning/advocacy/consultancy. I have, in recent years, dedicated my life to these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This, plus related campaigning/advocacy/consultancy. I have, in recent years, dedicated my life to these things
    Good luck with your endeavours

(Original post by mkap)
    for making a scientific discovery
    Remember a few months ago online news sites (and NASA itself) were saying how NASA had discovered that Mercury had probably formed with its core on the inside, and a couple of months later they're saying it used to be the core of a gas giant, as though that's what they thought all along?

I was the one who corrected them. I emailed them on the day the news item was published, pointing out things like the composition of the planet and the metallicity of the Sun and things like that. Still have the email if you want to see it. Of course, they never responded or gave me credit, but I like to think I at least was part of what made them rethink it.

I'd like to be remembered for my writing and storytelling.

ReputationRep:
    I would want to be remembered for making others happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Remember a few months ago online news sites (and NASA itself) were saying how NASA had discovered that Mercury had probably formed with its core on the inside, and a couple of months later they're saying it used to be the core of a gas giant, as though that's what they thought all along?

I was the one who corrected them. I emailed them on the day the news item was published, pointing out things like the composition of the planet and the metallicity of the Sun and things like that. Still have the email if you want to see it. Of course, they never responded or gave me credit, but I like to think I at least was part of what made them rethink it.

I'd like to be remembered for my writing and storytelling.
    wow thats an achievement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    We should all be like Joseph
    I think people would be better off not being like me I'm only like that when I'm in a good mood

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.