I would love to be famous for something heroic

ReputationRep:
    A footballer.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I would love to be famous for being an actress or making a difference
    I want to make a difference and there are some key things I want to achieve in my lifetime but I'm really not bothered about being remembered as I'll be dead and won't care then. I hope by the time I die I will have been able to make a difference for the next generations.

ReputationRep:
    For being a YouTube star or an author.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Research that has an impact
    This, plus related campaigning/advocacy/consultancy. I have, in recent years, dedicated my life to these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This, plus related campaigning/advocacy/consultancy. I have, in recent years, dedicated my life to these things
    Good luck with your endeavours

(Original post by mkap)
    for making a scientific discovery
    Remember a few months ago online news sites (and NASA itself) were saying how NASA had discovered that Mercury had probably formed with its core on the inside, and a couple of months later they're saying it used to be the core of a gas giant, as though that's what they thought all along?

I was the one who corrected them. I emailed them on the day the news item was published, pointing out things like the composition of the planet and the metallicity of the Sun and things like that. Still have the email if you want to see it. Of course, they never responded or gave me credit, but I like to think I at least was part of what made them rethink it.

I'd like to be remembered for my writing and storytelling.

ReputationRep:
    I would want to be remembered for making others happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Remember a few months ago online news sites (and NASA itself) were saying how NASA had discovered that Mercury had probably formed with its core on the inside, and a couple of months later they're saying it used to be the core of a gas giant, as though that's what they thought all along?

I was the one who corrected them. I emailed them on the day the news item was published, pointing out things like the composition of the planet and the metallicity of the Sun and things like that. Still have the email if you want to see it. Of course, they never responded or gave me credit, but I like to think I at least was part of what made them rethink it.

I'd like to be remembered for my writing and storytelling.
    wow thats an achievement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    We should all be like Joseph
    I think people would be better off not being like me I'm only like that when I'm in a good mood

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.