Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    well in a good relationship :love:

you have someone to talk to:love:
    you can share your joy/pains :love:
    someone loves you for who you are :love:
    you see someone truly amazing everyday :love:

who doesnt want that? :holmes:

however there is the flipside that happens after 1 month/1 year or any timescale

there will be disagreements :holmes:
    there will be miscommunications :holmes:
    there can be trust issues :holmes:
    honeymoon phase doesnt last forever :holmes:
    ppl get to comfortable or get taken for granted :holmes:
    why so many ...emoji? (this is not what they're called here on tsr, is it?=))))

(Original post by AlexFam)
    I don't "crush". Harmless flirting is always fun.
    Fair enough then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual ) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.
    Ttingox...what a guy!

Anyway, most people saying that they want to get in a relationship have never been in one, so they've got the impression that their life is going to miraculously improve when they get a girlfriend/boyfriend. Simple as that

Just flirt then

Dive in
    If only I knew how to start cutie pie

This is gonna be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    why so many ...emoji? (this is not what they're called here on tsr, is it?=))))
    they are called emojis yes, and I just like emojis, like how I like memes or like kind hearts or like kfc....just my likings..

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about magnetism but I sure know chemistry when I see it
    Nah, I can't hack physics at degree level. I didn't even do maths A-level let alone FM.
    Chemistry and magnetism have a lot in common. Chemistry involves magnetic attraction, something clearly not in low supply

That is honestly a shame. Maths at A-level is a lot more fun that at GCSE, especially further maths. Plus I'm fully looking forward to starting studying physics in 1 week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's a J particle's best feature? Its charm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    they are called emojis yes, and I just like emojis, like how I like memes or like kind hearts or like kfc....just my likings..
    i could honestly do with some kfc right now =))

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and magnetism have a lot in common. Chemistry involves magnetic attraction, something clearly not in low supply

That is honestly a shame. Maths at A-level is a lot more fun that at GCSE, especially further maths. Plus I'm fully looking forward to starting studying physics in 1 week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's a J particle's best feature? Its charm.
    Clearly not in short supply here :rofl:

I'm starting maths a-level in October because I didn't do it originally and I'm considering doing a few modules of FM self teaching because stuff like matrices and differential equations come up in chemistry a bit
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whats the difference between a chem lab and a party? None, some dude always uses acid, someone else drops the base and lots of alcohol gets used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    i could honestly do with some kfc right now =))
    who couldn't? what did you have for dinner? I had this chinese pork dish with pickled veg, sounds weird but it was rly good :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not in short supply here :rofl:

I'm starting maths a-level in October because I didn't do it originally and I'm considering doing a few modules of FM self teaching because stuff like matrices and differential equations come up in chemistry a bit
    Definitely would suggest the extra FM modules. Matrices are incredibly important in linear algebra (and by extension, quantum mechanics ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Differential equations are great. First time I got drunk, I solved a third order differential equation then had a minute long piss laughing my ass off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    If only I knew how to start cutie pie

This is gonna be fun!
    Just say something punny

ReputationRep:
    Definitely would suggest the extra FM modules. Matrices are incredibly important in linear algebra (and by extension, quantum mechanics ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Differential equations are great. First time I got drunk, I solved a third order differential equation then had a minute long piss laughing my ass off.
    Looks quite heady, I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off because I only got a B in GCSE maths

Just say something punny
    I just said I'm crap at puns!
    I cant think of anything at all!

ReputationRep:
    Looks quite heady, I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off because I only got a B in GCSE maths
    What's wrong with using some head ?

Nah, for real though, if you got a B in GCSE maths, was it from a lack of understanding or not? My GCSE teacher told me not to pick FM if I got an A* but felt I didn't understand it, but to pick it if I got an A and did feel like I understood it. With a B, it's dependent on how much work you've done since then. The concepts are too tricky until you get to complex numbers and complex transformations. It can feel really abstract then.

ReputationRep:
    I just said I'm crap at puns!
    I cant think of anything at all!
    I need something to work with if you want me to flirt with you lmao

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with using some head ?

Nah, for real though, if you got a B in GCSE maths, was it from a lack of understanding or not? My GCSE teacher told me not to pick FM if I got an A* but felt I didn't understand it, but to pick it if I got an A and did feel like I understood it. With a B, it's dependent on how much work you've done since then. The concepts are too tricky until you get to complex numbers and complex transformations. It can feel really abstract then.
    :fallenangel: Umm, nothing

It's because my school put me in set 2 but I really wanted to do a-level physics so I had to take extra lessons in my time to get taught the B grade stuff. So it's hard to say whether I would have understood the A/A* level stuff had I been taught it because I wasn't in the right set

I need something to work with if you want me to flirt with you lmao
    I'll just leave then at risk of boring you.
    I'm so **** at this! Argh

ReputationRep:
    :fallenangel: Umm, nothing

It's because my school put me in set 2 but I really wanted to do a-level physics so I had to take extra lessons in my time to get taught the B grade stuff. So it's hard to say whether I would have understood the A/A* level stuff had I been taught it because I wasn't in the right set
    I don't even really remember GCSE maths. It's all a blur before last year. Circle theorems were my nightmare, but after GCSE things became more intuitive for me, and for a lot of people I know. It's a lot more in depth so I think you'll be well suited for it if you apply yourself and learn intuitive explanations for things.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just leave then at risk of boring you.
    I'm so **** at this! Argh
    You're not boring me at all, we just come from different academic backgrounds is all

It comes with experience so just don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Reasons why people to get into a relationship

- they are lonely
    - they would like to experience how its like
    - show off
    -they would like some attention

Many different reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.