Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do so many people want to get in relationships? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    I don't "crush". Harmless flirting is always fun.
    Fair enough then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Talking about both genders although as of recent TSR seems to have had a rash of threads by a couple of users (or possibly just one individual ) obsessed with getting into a relationship?

What is the big deal about them? Partners can be so needy/ clingy and inevitably always make lots of demands on your time and on you, physically, emotionally and financially. Can someone please explain what is so great about being in a relationship because I just don't get it. I have no desire for one either, whether I'm weird or not for that is a matter of your own personal opinion.

I will admit that I've never been in a serious one but the ones I have been in I found quite stifling so maybe I've just been dating the wrong type? Idk.
    Ttingox...what a guy!

Anyway, most people saying that they want to get in a relationship have never been in one, so they've got the impression that their life is going to miraculously improve when they get a girlfriend/boyfriend. Simple as that

ReputationRep:
    Just flirt then

Dive in
    If only I knew how to start cutie pie

This is gonna be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    why so many ...emoji? (this is not what they're called here on tsr, is it?=))))
    they are called emojis yes, and I just like emojis, like how I like memes or like kind hearts or like kfc....just my likings..

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about magnetism but I sure know chemistry when I see it
    Nah, I can't hack physics at degree level. I didn't even do maths A-level let alone FM.
    Chemistry and magnetism have a lot in common. Chemistry involves magnetic attraction, something clearly not in low supply

That is honestly a shame. Maths at A-level is a lot more fun that at GCSE, especially further maths. Plus I'm fully looking forward to starting studying physics in 1 week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's a J particle's best feature? Its charm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    they are called emojis yes, and I just like emojis, like how I like memes or like kind hearts or like kfc....just my likings..
    i could honestly do with some kfc right now =))

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and magnetism have a lot in common. Chemistry involves magnetic attraction, something clearly not in low supply

That is honestly a shame. Maths at A-level is a lot more fun that at GCSE, especially further maths. Plus I'm fully looking forward to starting studying physics in 1 week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's a J particle's best feature? Its charm.
    Clearly not in short supply here :rofl:

I'm starting maths a-level in October because I didn't do it originally and I'm considering doing a few modules of FM self teaching because stuff like matrices and differential equations come up in chemistry a bit
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whats the difference between a chem lab and a party? None, some dude always uses acid, someone else drops the base and lots of alcohol gets used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    i could honestly do with some kfc right now =))
    who couldn't? what did you have for dinner? I had this chinese pork dish with pickled veg, sounds weird but it was rly good :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not in short supply here :rofl:

I'm starting maths a-level in October because I didn't do it originally and I'm considering doing a few modules of FM self teaching because stuff like matrices and differential equations come up in chemistry a bit
    Definitely would suggest the extra FM modules. Matrices are incredibly important in linear algebra (and by extension, quantum mechanics ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Differential equations are great. First time I got drunk, I solved a third order differential equation then had a minute long piss laughing my ass off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    If only I knew how to start cutie pie

This is gonna be fun!
    Just say something punny

ReputationRep:
    Definitely would suggest the extra FM modules. Matrices are incredibly important in linear algebra (and by extension, quantum mechanics ).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Differential equations are great. First time I got drunk, I solved a third order differential equation then had a minute long piss laughing my ass off.
    Looks quite heady, I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off because I only got a B in GCSE maths

ReputationRep:
    Just say something punny
    I just said I'm crap at puns!
    I cant think of anything at all!

ReputationRep:
    Looks quite heady, I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to pull it off because I only got a B in GCSE maths
    What's wrong with using some head ?

Nah, for real though, if you got a B in GCSE maths, was it from a lack of understanding or not? My GCSE teacher told me not to pick FM if I got an A* but felt I didn't understand it, but to pick it if I got an A and did feel like I understood it. With a B, it's dependent on how much work you've done since then. The concepts are too tricky until you get to complex numbers and complex transformations. It can feel really abstract then.

ReputationRep:
    I just said I'm crap at puns!
    I cant think of anything at all!
    I need something to work with if you want me to flirt with you lmao

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with using some head ?

Nah, for real though, if you got a B in GCSE maths, was it from a lack of understanding or not? My GCSE teacher told me not to pick FM if I got an A* but felt I didn't understand it, but to pick it if I got an A and did feel like I understood it. With a B, it's dependent on how much work you've done since then. The concepts are too tricky until you get to complex numbers and complex transformations. It can feel really abstract then.
    :fallenangel: Umm, nothing

It's because my school put me in set 2 but I really wanted to do a-level physics so I had to take extra lessons in my time to get taught the B grade stuff. So it's hard to say whether I would have understood the A/A* level stuff had I been taught it because I wasn't in the right set

ReputationRep:
    I need something to work with if you want me to flirt with you lmao
    I'll just leave then at risk of boring you.
    I'm so **** at this! Argh

ReputationRep:
    :fallenangel: Umm, nothing

It's because my school put me in set 2 but I really wanted to do a-level physics so I had to take extra lessons in my time to get taught the B grade stuff. So it's hard to say whether I would have understood the A/A* level stuff had I been taught it because I wasn't in the right set
    I don't even really remember GCSE maths. It's all a blur before last year. Circle theorems were my nightmare, but after GCSE things became more intuitive for me, and for a lot of people I know. It's a lot more in depth so I think you'll be well suited for it if you apply yourself and learn intuitive explanations for things.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just leave then at risk of boring you.
    I'm so **** at this! Argh
    You're not boring me at all, we just come from different academic backgrounds is all

It comes with experience so just don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Reasons why people to get into a relationship

- they are lonely
    - they would like to experience how its like
    - show off
    -they would like some attention

Many different reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

bc i want to be genuinely wanted and for someone to need me like i need them.
    and selfishly i want someone in my room at night to make things go away :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.