Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

America vs uK top Medical schools? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    Hello,I am currently at the start of y11-GCSE year...I would like to study medicine at a top university.
    there are no 'Top Universities' for pre0registration health professional course

[QUOTE=VNN;68062048
    My academic record is v.good and here is what i do as of now:

Extra- Curricular - Non medicine Related…
    5 different ones...

Extra- Curricular’s-Medicine Related…
    3 different ones

Work experience…
    2 different ones
    [/quote]

what qualities do these extra curriculars add to your ability to be an effective Medical Practitioner ?

(Original post by VNN)
    Is this good enough for the start of y11?

My dad is a surgeon,i would like to go to a top medical school like Cambridge or Harvard university...I have been thinking about whether i should study in the US or UK...Money is not an issue as my dad said he will pay of the fees for schooling...

I definitely would like to work as a surgeon in America(neurosurgery would be nice-uneducated blatant opinion-take this with a pinch of salt)...If i studied in the UK,it would take 15 years to become a surgeon,2 years doing USMLE exams to go and practice in America and 2-4 years rising up the ranks there...HOWEVER in the US i was told it only takes 11 years/less in comp. to UK to become a surgeon and i wont have to do the USMLE exams and will be in a better position...

Which one would be better and what University;'s are good for medicine in America...
    Say i would want to go to Harvard,is this too ambitious as i'm doing a very hard degree at a top university in a different country?

Thanks.
    you are either a troll or you have an awful lot to learn aobut the how healthcare and healthcare professional education works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    But people get caught up on such things as there definitely is some medical school far far better than others...
    oh really ?

given some of the best known currently practising Doctors in the UK are small town boys and girls who went to 'provincial' medical schools ...

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.