Months left to live....

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's okay
    How about you fight it?

(Original post by sunnydespair)
    Thanks, you're so brave, I made this donation for you.
    Thank you so much

(Original post by The Joker ~)
    How about you fight it?
    There's nothing more they can do I've been trying for 2 years now it's so tiring

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing more they can do I've been trying for 2 years now it's so tiring
    I will pray for you //

ReputationRep:
    Make a bucket list and get in contact with the make a wish foundation. They offer terrific things.

My heart goes out to you and as I was so close to being in your situation, you will be very close to my thoughts this evening.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. Sorry to hear such dreadful news. If it was me I'd just try and make the most of the time I have left within the limits of what I could realistically physically do. Whatever you want to do before you die, try and do it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So I've been given eight months left to live.

What would you do if you got this news? Any activities you would do?
    I'm really sorry to hear this news. It's things like this that make me always feel so worried for me and my family that disaster can strike anytime..

Are you sure you cannot be treated? Like, costs of any sort aside, but is there absolutely NOTHING at all that can be done.. I'm feeling extremely bad for you. So sorry, it's so heartbreaking.

ReputationRep:
    so sorry to hear about your illness. i have given you some of my special rep.

:hugs:*

(Original post by akash3141)
    I'm really sorry to hear this news. It's things like this that make me always feel so worried for me and my family that disaster can strike anytime..

Are you sure you cannot be treated? Like, costs of any sort aside, but is there absolutely NOTHING at all that can be done.. I'm feeling extremely bad for you. So sorry, it's so heartbreaking.
    I'm sorry to tell you there's nothing that can be done at all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm so sorry.

Try not to think too much, find some way to cut out the anxiety and focus on enjoying each day to the fullest. Favourite music, games, activities, movies, series, food, whatever. See and experience new and exciting things, meet new people, meet people you'll wish you had always known. Leave messages or gifts for friends and family, comforting words that they'll always keep close to their heart.

ReputationRep:
    Make those eight months the best eight months you've ever lived. So that when the time comes, you'll have no regrets about your life at all. You'll even be grateful for all the online support you've received

Thank you guys for all your support it means so much

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for all your support it means so much
    You're actually awesome! I wish I was as courageous as you, honestly hope a miracle happens and you live for much longer! And either way, really hope these 8 months are THE BEST EVER FOR YOU!

ReputationRep:
    Big hug. xx

Sending lots of love and positive energy your way! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I would spend it with my family. One of my parents passed away from cancer. They couldn't even talk or move because they were so unwell. Make the most of the time you have left doing the things you love.

(Original post by saraxh)
    I would spend it with my family. One of my parents passed away from cancer. They couldn't even talk or move because they were so unwell. Make the most of the time you have left doing the things you love.
    I'm really sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I am so sorry to read about what you're going through. :hugs:

I don't know if you'll like this idea but have you thought about sending timed emails? Like if you have a sibling set it up to send them a happy 18th birthday or something? Or your parents/friends/whoever. But I don't know if that would upset them too much.

ReputationRep:
    One of my last wishes would be to see the earth from space. I think I'd feel complete afterwards.

I'm proud you're putting on a brave face and being so open about it; it truly takes an especially strong willed character to do so. One who can push through anxiety and dread and live their time to the full, and I know you will do that. Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea what I would be doing, but just wanted to let you know that you're an incredible human being for handling all that with so much power. Life just sucks sometimes and is grossly unfair - but here you are showing it your massive heart.

I truly wish you have the most amazing time ever, such that it transcends beyond a lifetime full of joy and affection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having seen someone who was (basically) my girlfriend go through all of that and die within 6 weeks of diagnosis, I don't have lots to say. It brings it all back.

It isn't how long you live that matters, it is what you do in your time that counts.

1) Death isn't scary. Either you are religious and you will be fine post death or nothing will happen as there is nothing post death. Do not worry about it. From what I observed the fear is normal but when actually confronted with death, that fear goes.

2) Bucket list, do whatever you want to.
    I think I would do a mix of things, some selfish, some very illegal, some really kind things and just try and help other people.

I would always keep myself incredibly busy. Don't sit in pain, take more meds if the pain gets bad/unbearable.

3) Life is s***. Try and be as positive as you can be and just live.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.