The Student Room Group

Do you drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
how many do you drink? I get drunk on more then that!

Like, most nights 2-3 pints, with some of those nights a few more... Always try and take at least 1 or 2 nights off a week though!
Original post by mobbsy91
Like, most nights 2-3 pints, with some of those nights a few more... Always try and take at least 1 or 2 nights off a week though!

do u smoke as well?
do u smoke as well?

Not really - might have the occasional one, like once a week with someone, but not a smoker.
Not really - might have the occasional one, like once a week with someone, but not a smoker.

I am mates with at least one person, who drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney. I got him a place on the access course at my local uni, and i think he thought you could do the same work for university that you do for school, ergo nothing. Anyway he has dropped out now!
I am mates with at least one person, who drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney. I got him a place on the access course at my local uni, and i think he thought you could do the same work for university that you do for school, ergo nothing. Anyway he has dropped out now!

Haha yeh, I'm glad I don't smoke as well - not sure where my health would be going xD

Ahhh fair enough, yeh, fortunately most mornings I'm not hungover from the last night, so mornings aren't a write off :biggrin:
Haha yeh, I'm glad I don't smoke as well - not sure where my health would be going xD

Ahhh fair enough, yeh, fortunately most mornings I'm not hungover from the last night, so mornings aren't a write off :biggrin:

do u like gaming mobbsy?
do u like gaming mobbsy?

Used to, but now never really bother! Usually just watch tv shows and read when I can be bothered!
Used to, but now never really bother! Usually just watch tv shows and read when I can be bothered!

and you work right? what do you do huh?
and you work right? what do you do huh?

I'm at uni! Done various things over the past year though for work.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm at uni! Done various things over the past year though for work.

have you got a job at the moment?
have you got a job at the moment?

Nope!! Single and unemployed.
Nope!! Single and unemployed.

good luck on both counts
good luck on both counts

Haha cheers! I'll definitely need it :biggrin:
Original post by FireFreezer77

Nice :smile:
Ah yeah uni would be a good place to drink, having fun with your friends :smile:
I bet youre looking forward to it!?
Ah yeah getting full on drunk doesnt appesr to be the best feeling ever.

Also congrats on getting into your 1st choice! :biggrin:

I haven't got in but still need to get the grades :I Thanks though!

Haha, well... uni is like a long, dark, spiralling staircase in terms of alcohol consumption :biggrin:

Yaaas and I can't wait. :wink:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I haven't got in but still need to get the grades :I Thanks though!

Yaaas and I can't wait. :wink:

Oh whoops my bad, i thought you had but hey ho.
No worries.
Good Luck then! :smile: You can do it!
Reply 95
Original post by cbreef
Red wine does far more harm than good :colonhash:
And I really doubt that drinker stat's accuracy.

I'm sure red wine does more harm than good. :frown:

However the thing about increased longevity is true. I remember reading it a while ago from a creditable source (can't remember where from though) and being equally amazed. I presume the cliche of everything in moderation must be true in this case.
Original post by tg1998

However the thing about increased longevity is true. I remember reading it a while ago from a creditable source (can't remember where from though) and being equally amazed. I presume the cliche of everything in moderation must be true in this case.

Maybe it reduces stress or something idfk.
Fun fact: "when consumed in moderation, alcohol does more good than harm"
Reply 98
Original post by cbreef
Maybe it reduces stress or something idfk.

may well be the case, as stress can often cause/provoke illness. and some drinks have anticancer / anti cardiovascular disease properties etc.
Original post by tg1998

I don't drink wine, can't stand the stuff. But I like lager, and the odd top shelf for special occasions?

Quick Reply

Latest