Turn on thread page Beta

Gay character in the Simpsons- who's it gonna be? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking Smithers

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking moe or karl/lenny. kent brockman, smithers and wiggum are too camp for it to be a surprise.

what about lovejoy? i think he could be a possibility too- would address the whole issue with gay clergy as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i'm thinking moe or karl/lenny. kent brockman, smithers and wiggum are too camp for it to be a surprise.

what about lovejoy? i think he could be a possibility too- would address the whole issue with gay clergy as well
    How is Chief Wiggum camp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    How is Chief Wiggum camp?
    have you not *seen* him in some episodes? true it isn't classic camp, it's more drippy little nerd style camp, but IMO the hint is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    have you not *seen* him in some episodes? true it isn't classic camp, it's more drippy little nerd style camp, but IMO the hint is there.
    this chief wiggum?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Whoever it is will have a relationship with Smitthers, its too obvious. My bets on the person being Flanders. He's in a loveless marrige, and he has an unhealthy attraction to the church.

However, it may no be Flanders because he represents the ultimate good Christian, and the amount of outrage which would be caused by church groups if he became gay, would be phenomanal as ultimately, The Simpsons influences popular culture, and it would send out the wrong message about the church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Whoever it is will have a relationship with Smitthers, its too obvious. My bets on the person being Flanders. He's in a loveless marrige, and he has an unhealthy attraction to the church.

However, it may no be Flanders because he represents the ultimate good Christian, and the amount of outrage which would be caused by church groups if he became gay, would be phenomanal as ultimately, The Simpsons influences popular culture, and it would send out the wrong message about the church.
    to be fair, it's already sent out a lovely image of American family life, and skitted not just the church but other cultures and countries countless numbers of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I think the bloke who did his voice died, or something. He hasn't been in it for a while, but then it could be one of those 'joke' sites starting a rumour. He also did the voice of Lionel Hutz.

I know they sometimes change who does the voices (like when they changed the voices of Maude and Helen Lovejoy), but if the person dies, they might think it a little insensitive.
    I don't know if anyone addressed this as I haven't read pages 2 and 3 but Phil Hartman who played Troy McClure committed suicide in 1997 (I think) so they retired his character out of respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)

I think Ned Flansers's wife is dead is she not?

My bet is on comic book store guy

ReputationRep:
    Lenny and Carl will be revealed as a gay couple. And they will get married.

ReputationRep:
    sideshow bob

ReputationRep:
    We already know Smithers is gay so there'd be no point "revealing" him.

Might be Miss Hoover...
    Or Moe...
    Or to stretch it somewhat, Krusty...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.