Turn on thread page Beta

Were the High Court judges right to demand that Parliament votes on Brexit? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Are you suggesting that only the UK government could appeal to the ECJ to have the process nullified?
    Where did I make such a suggestion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fergo)
    Where did I make such a suggestion?
    Just seeking clarification (and making an implied point in so doing) :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Just seeking clarification (and making an implied point in so doing) :yy:
    Already explained that 'point' is both impractical and unreasonable.

And in any case will most likely be resolved before March 2017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fergo)
    Already explained that 'point' is both impractical and unreasonable

And in any case will most likely be resolved before March 2017
    Not sure you catch my drift but aye, we'll see how things develop. At any rate, the High Court judges can rest easy knowing MP's tend to prefer not to risk a lynch mob and hence wouldn't dream of going against the will of the people, certainly not after the #MAGA tsunami!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure you catch my drift but aye, we'll see how things develop. At any rate, the High Court judges can rest easy knowing MP's tend to prefer not to risk a lynch mob and hence wouldn't dream of going against the will of the people, certainly not after the #MAGA tsunami!
    Oh I do hon... your point has been singular.

Quite ironic for a brexiter to refer to fellow brexiters as 'lynch mob' - it's all I've been saying all along!

But, the judges are not concerned about politics. They are concerned about the law. That's something you should remember.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.