Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you think this is bad just wait until Germany gets the chance to boot Merkel out.
    Which they will (boot her out).

ReputationRep:
    2016 has been a **** year.

First brexit and now this.

ReputationRep:
    What I do not get is how these so called political scientists and pollsters keep getting it wrong.
    Uk general election 2015: shock result we got it horribly wrong
    Brexit: shock result we got it horribly wrong
    US presidential elections: shock result we got it horribly wrong

How are they keeping their jobs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I don't think anyone seriously believes Trump is a full blown fascist, so that is is why I said there is a "rise" in fascist views. I don't think anyone can deny there isn't fascist undertones?

I agree that they're conservative views, but then you could argue some conservative views could be authoritarian? I see anti-abortion, anti-LGBT views as authoritarian.
    But how could you see them as authoritarian?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    2016 has been a **** year.

First brexit and now this.
    At the very least it has been nothing short of historic. Unlikely, but possible, that brexit may pave the road for other countries to leave the EU, particularly France. The face of international relations could be so different in a few years thanks to 2016.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only silver lining I can think of is that Trump is some kind of human hand grenade that will blow up the establishment and take everyone down. Think I'm being hysterical?

1. He in the 21st century wants to leave the WTO and impose tariffs on Mexio (35%) and China (45%) with the idea this will bring "good" jobs to the states. Free Trade is one thing the left and right across the board usually have a consensus on. Sure most elites don't like this but you could use the same argument for blowing up the moon.

2. Global Warming? Forget it. Despite 2/3rds of wild animals going extinct by 2020 and protecting the environment becoming common knowledge and common sense. President Trump wants to undo the Paris climate change deal and decreasing environmental regulation because its all a conspiracy from China to lower US competitiveness.

3. The bigoted, racist and sexist stuff which has been argued to the death but is still relevant. Is he going to celebrate tonight by getting on his wife like a ***** or just grab her by the pussy?

I don't even need to look far to find damming stuff on Trump you can't even call it smear everything he says is cringe worthy he is like a walking propaganda poster in the USSR about capitalism. People keep saying what is wrong with Trump but what is right about him...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...-a3390791.html

Thanks Trump :bigsmile: :crown:

Long Live The Trump!

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you just so glad you woke up in the UK today. Don't think many of us could take a third beating (2015 election, Brexit)
    /

OP do you realise how pathetic you sound. Privilege gives rise to people like you that just seek excitement for the sake of it and to the detriment of people that actually suffer under these kinds of circumstances decisions.

You've got a tiny little mind. Tiny little orange mind just like Trump. The senate and congress will have him by the balls anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's the lesser of two evils, I believe...
    3 months ago I read an article about US economy and election (one of many). It's interesting how author predicted the outcome of this election. So many details! I wonder whether other predictions become true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I don't think anyone seriously believes Trump is a full blown fascist, so that is is why I said there is a "rise" in fascist views. I don't think anyone can deny there isn't fascist undertones?
    Fascism is a very different ideology. A Fascist would want to control everything; in a Fascist regime, citizens are monitored "from cradle to grave". Donald Trump wants to deregulate and privatise everything.

Using violent words and being xenophobic is not enough to call someone Fascist. The correct word to qualify Trump is demagogue (saying anything to get elected).

Ideologically, Trump looks like the isolationist Republicans of the 1920s (Presidents Harding and Coolidge), who implemented high tariffs and strict immigration quotas, and rejected international cooperation (they refused to enter in the League of Nations). It ended with the crisis of 1929. We'll see how it turns for Trump, but I'm not confident.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I am genuinely shocked. I thought Trump would lose support after all the comments about Hispanics and women.

ReputationRep:
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Both horrendous candidates in every sense of the word. Would've preferred Clinton (I say, with every reluctance in the world) but the fact she managed to conspire to lose to Trump of all people says something as to how awful a candidate she was. Quite frankly, the Democrats have themselves to blame for shoehorning in a candidate who was easy to pick apart, and was equally or more unpopular (Depending on your view) than of all people..Donald Trump, who has to have ran one of the most torrid campaigns I've seen.

I've no sympathy at all for the Democrats, they had every opportunity to try and beat out Trump, and they still managed to screw it up. Highly embarrassing election for the US as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you think this is bad just wait until Germany gets the chance to boot Merkel out.
    And the French elections should be interesting too.. And the Dutch..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    just asking but, are we going to be happy with hiliary as a president?
    for me, i am not happy with both and in fact, i think the election should have stopped at any costs if we are going to have two goats elected for president. the fact that hiliary or trump could be a president it means there is a chance for any type of war to happen such as world war iii, nucleur war, holy wars etc. we already had enough wars throughout the years which resulted in nothing but death of millions and we could have prevented that if we wanted to if people of usa had actually chosen the right candidates but now...i feel like the whole world is screwed. let's hope that trump doesn't get into a fight with another country or else it's a chaos.

ReputationRep:
    The Founding Fathers would be proud.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.