Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    I don't understand what part of democracy these people don't seem to get?

They are causing more damage than trump ever will.
    Maybe they are upset at the electoral system? After all, Trump does not have the support of the majority.

Maybe they are just venting their frustration that almost half their country are happy to vote for someone campaigning on sexism, racism, and general division of society.

If you had bothered to read up on the articles that have already cropped up regarding climate change after Trump appointed his adviser, you would know that he might have devastating impacts on the planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    at the time of the thread it was, and I'm sure it still is who the hell are you anyway
    I live in the S.F. Bay Area. No riots. No hysteria. Some college freaks left their safe places long enough to burn a few U.S. flags then retreated when they realized they were not being paid this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldercon1953)
    I live in the S.F. Bay Area. No riots. No hysteria. Some college freaks left their safe places long enough to burn a few U.S. flags then retreated when they realized they were not being paid this time.
    anyway they were rioting, idc who, they were rioting and some cranky bigoted yanky isnt going to change anyone's mind.

Plus, there's video and photographic proof soooooooo...carry along now, old man

ReputationRep:
    ok great thanks for signing in to say this, anything else?
    It was my honor and pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    anyway they were rioting, idc who, they were rioting and some cranky bigoted yanky isnt going to change anyone's mind.

Plus, there's video and photographic proof soooooooo...carry along now, old man
    I said the riots, as tiny as they were, were over. They are. Do you have video of a current riot? No. Why? Because there aren't any.

ReputationRep:
    Lol not my president.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I said the riots, as tiny as they were, were over. They are. Do you have video of a current riot? No. Why? Because there aren't any.
    no because i havent ****ing checked, Im sure 1000s of people are uploading on social media upsets in their areas
    i'm not a BBC journalist so no I dont have up to date videos so piss off really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I'm not an SJW...
    I don't bite- normally

You might be right but I can't think of anything to explain the black vote?
    Well, at least we know 10% of blacks don't want their jobs shipped overseas. want secure borders, are sick of the corruption in Washington, and sick of the U.S. defending a big chunk of the world for free.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least we know 10% of blacks don't want their jobs shipped overseas. want secure borders, are sick of the corruption in Washington, and sick of the U.S. defending a big chunk of the world for free.
    The jobs being shipped overseas a total farce. Many Americans already have multiple jobs - the number of jobs isn't the problem, is the wages that are too low.

Secure borders? You mean a (singular) closed-off border with Mexico? Because they are all rapists and murderers. And some are good people.

Because "corruption" is suddenly going to end with Trump?

The last part is the only one with any merit.

ReputationRep:
    ...??????

You need to stop speculating, Mr. Yankee. First off most brits voted brexit, simple and plain

secondly tsr is a very horrible and limited example and representation of anyone, much more an entire country

thirdly, you keep generalising about brits and brexit, then you generalise about the youth and remaining :facepalm:

Also I doubt any of those "drunk youths" took to tsr...

lastly Brexiters were mostly prejudged as being those drunk youths. Not remainers. :|
    "Mr. Yankee", what are you 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    "Mr. Yankee", what are you 12?
    posting pepe gifs and memes everywhere, what are you 12?

Don't understand sarcasm and condescension what are you 12?

Asking someone who's clearly not 12 if they are 12, what are you 12?

I can do it too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    The jobs being shipped overseas a total farce. Many Americans already have multiple jobs - the number of jobs isn't the problem, is the wages that are too low.

Secure borders? You mean a (singular) closed-off border with Mexico? Because they are all rapists and murderers. And some are good people.

Because "corruption" is suddenly going to end with Trump?

The last part is the only one with any merit.
    Your not very bright, are you?

ReputationRep:
    no because i havent ****ing checked, Im sure 1000s of people are uploading on social media upsets in their areas
    i'm not a BBC journalist so no I dont have up to date videos so piss off really
    You enjoy being wrong, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Maybe they are upset at the electoral system? After all, Trump does not have the support of the majority.

Maybe they are just venting their frustration that almost half their country are happy to vote for someone campaigning on sexism, racism, and general division of society.

If you had bothered to read up on the articles that have already cropped up regarding climate change after Trump appointed his adviser, you would know that he might have devastating impacts on the planet.
    About the general division of society. This is how Democrats govern. It's how they get their power. Obama gave ev erybody a phone who voted for him then ignored them.

Trumps going to be a great President!!

ReputationRep:
    Now I clearly understand why Putin said so.

My God...those lobby groups really don't care about their own country . They have got many big houses around the world . They can leave US at any time .

I do hope there will be no civil war in America. :-)

Name:  1478754867972.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  19.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :rofl: This is hilarious. Brits trying to lecture the US on democracy when they don't even respect their own democratic process with Brexit.
    the iron knee

ReputationRep:
    The electoral systems of America is really funny guys. it doesn't mater if u have a general majority and lose Woking class states like Florida,north carolina, pensoflienia etc. they ignor the voice and cry of the people bc of some rich states ,then they call there self a democratic country.what does democracy means it simply means q government for the people, of the people and by the people is that bean done in America? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    American's are pretty stupid you cannot protest just because the person you wanted to win didn't win. Do you see any protests after Brexit, No, so sit down and let the democratic system do its thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_watson)
    The electoral systems of America is really funny guys. it doesn't mater if u have a general majority and lose Woking class states like Florida,north carolina, pensoflienia etc. they ignor the voice and cry of the people bc of some rich states ,then they call there self a democratic country.what does democracy means it simply means q government for the people, of the people and by the people is that bean done in America? I don't think so.
    This comment shows a real lack of understanding of regional differences amongst Americans.

ReputationRep:
    am not an American but I really think thire electoral system is not good intact I was pro supporter of trump

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.