Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    And by the way, I've amended the question just for the sake of clarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    hehe, i just didnt know whether being the subject of 50% of your posts was favourable.
    Only 50%? I shall have to do better next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    albeit not the correct interpretation..
    *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    *Pounce* - just an illustrative example of how quick you are.... and if I were trying to make a serious argument out of the point (which I wasn't), then unless a member now, dug him self out of the hole, covered it up with top soil and made sure that no one else knew it had been dug it in the first place, then the pressure would be on said member, with you on the high ground.

Not that this is a game of scoring points or anything.
    and i know you love it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is clear enough. It now suggest that the poll has some real bearing on the way the forum could be run.

ReputationRep:
    Why was there any need for that if this poll is, as you claim(ed), "not official" and "just a bit of fun"? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I don't think it is clear enough. It now suggest that the poll has some real bearing on the way the forum could be run.
    How? It's asking for your opinion, just as the poll did before. It doesn't even indicate that it will actually have a bearing on the next mod, and it doesn't say that a position is even available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Why was there any need for that if this poll is, as you claim, "not official" and "just a bit of fun"? :confused:
    was my vote a sympathy vote rob? incidentally, i am a fan of Havoc and Prodigy aswell.

ReputationRep:
    i see where you're coming from
    Nice to see that someone isn't contradicting everything I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Nice to see that someone isn't contradicting everything I say.
    shouldnt this have been from the Obliviator account?

ReputationRep:
    expression, i think the new poll title is fit for purpose. but by saying "who would you have fill it?", it does give the impression that you are giving the voter the power to instil the new moderator, when it is just a poll to gauge popular opinion at the time of instilment.
    If I could have got the word "Hypothetically" in the front of it I would have to put it beyond doubt, but unfortunately theres a limit on characters in poll questions.

However I disagree that it gives voters any indication that the poll has any authority, or even that an opening has arisen/is due to arise.

It continues to gague popular opinion, just with a question that is clearer than previously.

If people read the fact that I've added "Who would you have fill it?" to the poll and see that as an indication that in future they'll have the final say by public poll to install new moderators then they'd be sadly mistaken and it would be ill advised to think as such.

ReputationRep:
    was my vote a sympathy vote rob? incidentally, i am a fan of Havoc and Prodigy aswell.
    I like Prodigy. Something we both agree on

ReputationRep:
    shouldnt this have been from the Obliviator account?
    If memory serves, you have contradicted everything I have said on this thread. I don't see why you think a newbie should post that.

ReputationRep:
    No thank you - my boots are already clean.

No, it wasn't a sympathy vote. I'm actually pretty disillusioned in the present crop of moderators. There are certain people on UKL whom I respect, with the exception of a couple, most of these people reside in the D&D forum. The next moderator should be picked from this grouping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I like Prodigy. Something we both agree on
    im referring to the Queensborough Prodigy not the pyromaniac. maybe youre not?

ReputationRep:
    it asks "who would you" like to have fill it, not who would you like to see be given the position, or the like.

it's easy to see where the ambiguity might arise.
    What ambiguity? It says "you" because it's requesting your opinion.
    "who would you like to see be given the position, or the like." - No difference...

ReputationRep:
    how is it clearer is it opens up more questions to be answered?
    It only opens up more questions to be answered if people are looking for questions to ask in the first place - it's just the nature of some people. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    anyway, back on topic, i think Pencil Queen would make a good moderator as she is always helpful and friendly in the university forums and displays likable and competent qualities.
    have you ever been a subscriber out of interest?

although saying that, vienna is showing herself in a whole new light :cool:
    maybe i feel more relaxed after the tensions of the last week, although i wasnt aware of a difference myself.

ReputationRep:
    have you ever been a subscriber out of interest?

Hey, everyone has to have a place to vent !!

PQ is a extremely helpful member of this board, and has a vast knowledge of the UCAS/University/Financial process and has access to statistics beyond what we can get hold of. She also has a lot more "life experience".

Despite her own reservations, and given that this is purely a hypothetical situation with no bearing, as a position is not available - if it were up to me, and me alone to choose a moderator, PQ would be it, and subsequently she has my vote.

ReputationRep:
    no, i don't post very often while at uni, but have amassed a sizable post count by dribs and drabs since last september. post mainly in university / medics subforums. also post in debates re: royalty, death penalty & anything to do with health/medicine.
    ahh, that explains things.

why hasn't your old account been unlocked yet?
    not sure. although it suits people like moncal, dazeo and PQ who thought it would be amusing to neg rep me because of the low rep count and humiliation of a red gem, something like 'kick you when youre weak'. interestingly, they never dared look at me under vienna95..or indeed post anything out here. love em to death. normally i dont get this petty, but i realised i couldnt expect the same courtesy from those who tout themselves as being so righteous.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.