I'm really panicking here Watch

foss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then what IS the point of it...?
OTC's are training regiment. the regiment for my OTC is "kings liverpool" you can transfer to a regular regiment if you wish. OTC's are for uni students only. you cannot get called up because that would interfere with your degree. many people get sponsored through uni by the army and joining an OTC is a great way to learn all the skills needed to become an officer. also it teaches teamwork, disciplin, self control, and respect. these skills are valuble in any job, which is why the government thinks that its valuble. i personally want to be a policeman, and these skills will help me throughout my career. also it looks great on my CV to help meget into the policeforce in the 1st place! any other Q's?

sounds like fun to me.

I just looked at my uni's one, I might join next year
thud, which uni u going to?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im just surprised that your being paid to do a job which dosent actually do, well anything really. I totally agree that it is a very worthwhile thing, but i dont see why it should be paid.
foss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its the same as the TA, but we are training to become officers, not privates. at the end of the 2nd or 3rd year (depends on how much we have done) we can go to sandhurst to get a commission. if the **** rearlly hits the fan, then of course we would be called up, just like everyone else would be (WW3 for example). but the people who have been in the OTC's would get sent straight to sandhurst (as the army needs officers).

i know its hard to understand, but i'm getting paid for doing something i love - happy days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads