Turn on thread page Beta

How can one criticize US foreign policies???? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm justified in calling someone a dip#### if he can insult jews, americans, hispanics and homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USUK1)
    Don't tell me i'm lucky! your the one who is lucky!

The US deployed thousands of troops and equipment to Europe in the cold war to protect against Communist aggression. The US tipped the balance of war in both WW's and now it provides Britain with military technology that keeps the UK more advanced than France at a saving of more than $5 billion to the UK taxpayer!!!!!!!

I'm lucky! hah!

And what do u mean u don't understand how my comment about our deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq justifies us as not being 'runners'?

If we were runners we would have Iraq left on april 10th 2003 when we crushed saddam and his regime. We would not have kept the troops there to die for the country and its people's future, we would not have spent billions and in so increasing our national debt and we would not have rallied the world and the UN to a framework of change in the Middle East.
    How useful the US actually was in these circumstances is debatable, which I'll leave to someone who knows more on the issue. However, in any case the US population didn't protest against the country doing so. Most of the UK did not want anything to do with Iraq, so yes, my original point stands - you're lucky you got anything.

ReputationRep:
    Britain needed to act because, righteousness demanded it. had they not they would have sent the wrong message to all the regimes that oppose western values in the middle east and around the world

Britain did the right thing and the thing that she had to do. Luck has nothing to do with it

USUK, have you ever wondered why the US has so many islands in the pacific?

Hint: Churchill gave them to you in WW2 in exchange for tanks etc.

Americans acted shamefully throughout WW2. They're a disgrace. A bunch of cowards, descended from the scum of Europe who were kicked out, ruled by Jews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USUK1)
    Britain needed to act because, righteousness demanded it. had they not they would have sent the wrong message to all the regimes that oppose western values in the middle east and around the world

Britain did the right thing and the thing that she had to do. Luck has nothing to do with it
    Oh come on. It's hardly a question of "righteousness". The British people didn't want to go to war, and the Government lied to them, ignored them, and went ahead anyway. The Government is supposed to act on our behalf, whether what we want is "righteous" or not, and here it clearly didn't.

ReputationRep:
    The US acted shamefully like cowards?

What about the Ranger Regiment Storming Omaha beach in front of heavy gunfire because montgomery gave the wrong position?

What about Doolittle's bombing raiders?

What about the 101st Airborne parachuting into occupied territory over and over again?

What about the 7th Division storming liberating Italy?

What about the US Army liberating the Nazi concentration camps? (actually as this was rescuing jews and homosexuals etc u probably think that it was wrong to save these people)

What about the hundreds of thousands of americans who died to liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Oh come on. It's hardly a question of "righteousness". The British people didn't want to go to war, and the Government lied to them, ignored them, and went ahead anyway. The Government is supposed to act on our behalf, whether what we want is "righteous" or not, and here it clearly didn't.
    are there surveys which proove that the majority of people were against the war. I know that there were 1,000,000 people in a march in london but that is 1/52 or so of the population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USUK1)
    "Shame", shame, is what u have just bestowed on yourself by writing ur last entry.
    I was just wondering. I know that there are people who didn't march that were against the war. I myself wasn't to happy about it but didn't march. I was just wondering if there had been a formal survey, what is so wronge with that.

ReputationRep:
    shame, shame is what you have bestowed on yourself by ur last entry.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to biggles, your entry was justified and to the point, his was not in my humble opinion either of those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    are there surveys which proove that the majority of people were against the war. I know that there were 1,000,000 people in a march in london but that is 1/52 or so of the population.
    I don't know, but with the hindsight of all the lies and exaggerations which have emerged since we went to war, I'm sure at least now most Brits would disagree with it.

(Original post by calumc)
    I don't know, but with the hindsight of all the lies and exaggerations which have emerged since we went to war, I'm sure at least now most Brits would disagree with it.
    I think it was only 300,000 who went on that liberal march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USUK1)
    I think I'm justified in calling someone a dip#### if he can insult jews, americans, hispanics and homosexuals.
    not if you want to be banned like him when mod cp comes back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    I think it was only 300,000 who went on that liberal march
    It was larger than that. Close to a million I thought. Since the Countryside Alliance march was probably bigger than 300,000 itself....

(Original post by vienna95)
    not if you want to be banned like him when mod cp comes back.
    oooo I bet you wish you were a mod!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It was larger than that. Close to a million I thought. Since the Countryside Alliance march was probably bigger than 300,000 itself....
    That is what I thought. I am pretty sure that the biggest March was 1,000,000.

ReputationRep:
    You said the US acted shamefully like cowards?

What about the Ranger Regiment Storming Omaha beach in front of heavy gunfire because montgomery gave the wrong position?

What about the 101st Airborne parachuting into occupied territory over and over again?

What about the US Army liberating the Nazi concentration camps? (actually as this was rescuing jews and homosexuals etc u probably think that it was wrong to save these people)

What about the hundreds of thousands of americans who died to liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny?

(Original post by USUK1)
    You said the US acted shamefully like cowards?

borrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinggggggggg

ReputationRep:
    Well my lttle buddy you only saying the things which your media say man come to the reality and come to these countries and see the truth.. As far as what you pointed out the things in your reply about Muslims or other things like that... I must say why u guys dont come to save the pelistian people or kashmir people if u have so much kind heart to muslims.... let me tell you why u guys dont come here beacuse in palestine there is ISrael is occupying the things and in kashmir India is Occupying the things so both are very good friends of US.. and you guys cannot take oil from these countries or the things which they are providing ... just answer to my simple question why USA always reject or deny the resolution which used to passed in the favour of Muslims and why he used to Approve the resolution which go in the favour of Israel... and one last thing u said that why these people does the things .. tell me one thing if some one is going to burn your house you will try to destroy him..
    i hope i have given the Answer.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.