Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day 2004: Results Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Hehehehe well done everyone - looks like most people got mainly As!

I was so sure I'd fail. I woke up at 5am on results day for goodness sake! I got my results and I wouldn't look at them and my teacher next to me was "Go on! You'll be pleased! You'll be really surprised!" And I wouldn't do it until she said it the third or fourth time lol

Hehe I got AAAC - crammed it all in a week, and Eng Lit in three days. Not once have I read my closed book text Handmaid's Tale - that's when you go in without your novel. My teacher can eat her heart out cus she hates me - and she teaches the Handmaid's Tale module - I got 90/90 hehehe

Art I got for one module 89/90 very pleased. I still don't get how I got an A for Eng Lit though cus I was thinking a C would be great and I got D for coursework :confused: . Chemistry was the only disappointment - that's my C - but I was one mark off a B. If it had been AAAB everything would be purrrrrfect

I do ask for a lot, don't I, considering I haven't worked? I feel really bad cus loads of people including a few friends haven't done as well as they thought they have and all came out with gloomy faces But my best friend got straight As and my other friend got in for Cambridge Can't say I'm surprised but they deserved it!

Well done for all your people with all your hard work, be it consistent or effective cramming - *round of applause* :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Quite pleased. Got the results I needed for Oxford, but the scores were closer to 580/600 instead of the 590/600 I was hoping for. Will people at Oxford look down at me because of this???

I got a good mark in G/S - despite wrting about railways - more specificaly barrier wagons on an essay about the action in Iraq - forgot how I did it now!!
    Well done everyone, sounds like most people got where they wanted to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    Quite pleased. Got the results I needed for Oxford, but the scores were closer to 580/600 instead of the 590/600 I was hoping for. Will people at Oxford look down at me because of this???
    Yes hang your head in shame and be ready for people to call you "Stupid" and "Thick". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

I got a good mark in G/S - despite wrting about railways - more specificaly barrier wagons on an essay about the action in Iraq - forgot how I did it now!!
    Well done everyone, sounds like most people got where they wanted to go.
    ppfft al my ums scores were around 520-550- i don't care though because i got in!! woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ppfft al my ums scores were around 520-550- i don't care though because i got in!! woo!
    Congrats on your grades, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Congrats on your grades, btw.
    thank youuu!! well done on yours too!!! yey!

ReputationRep:
    too many ppl got A's in science and maths... even the newspaper said the a levels are getting easier... i think the phys&chems this year arent as important this year.

the ums marks should mean a lot... not just the grades theyre looking at.

ReputationRep:
    is everyone nearly going to the UK universities? anyone not going to their 'own' countries?

ReputationRep:
    i wish universities got our ums

ReputationRep:
    No-one will even care about what grades you got, let alone your UMS marks The important thing is you're in. Congratulations! Anyway, why anyone would be ashamed of marks up around 580/600 at A level I've NO idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)

lol well i got 485 and 483 in maths and chemistry but i dont give a **** its still an A but got 475 in computing which i was a bit gutted about!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I expected around 590/600 in Bioolgy, but turned out to be more like 570. I really don't give a damn anymore though, becuasae I got 4 A's and I'm in.

Welldone to everyone for all your fantastic results.

ReputationRep:
    I got 296/300 in physics :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I wish everyone would stop telling me how unlucky I am now. It doesn’t feel that way anymore. At the end of the day I got more (AABB) than what my firm wanted (ABB), although I didn't achieve the A in the subject they wanted. I wasn’t greatly attached to my firm either. Though my results are slightly disappointing they’re not terrible and I am not retaking! I’m going to a University that’s brilliant at English Lit and which I previously considered as my firm so I don’t want anymore sympathy! Thanks. And well done to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I wish everyone would stop telling me how unlucky I am now. It doesn’t feel that way anymore. At the end of the day I got more (AABB) than what my firm wanted (ABB), although I didn't achieve the A in the subject they wanted. I wasn’t greatly attached to my firm either. Though my results are slightly disappointing they’re not terrible and I am not retaking! I’m going to a University that’s brilliant at English Lit and which I previously considered as my firm so I don’t want anymore sympathy! Thanks. And well done to everyone.
    That's spirit! Your results are excellent anyway. Go you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    That's spirit! Your results are excellent anyway. Go you!
    Thanky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Thats the Waiting2Smile we know.

(On another note, look at my creative skills)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Thats the Waiting2Smile we know.

(On another note, look at my creative skills)
    Thanky again. *Applauds Bhaals creative skills*

Erm am I spamming by thanking everyone? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    No-one will even care about what grades you got, let alone your UMS marks The important thing is you're in. Congratulations! Anyway, why anyone would be ashamed of marks up around 580/600 at A level I've NO idea!
    Thanks. I'm glad of that. I got my freshers info this moring - looks great!!

ReputationRep:
    I totally screwed up

ACCD

I made my offer though easily... although a trained monkey could have done the same...

Damn evil computing teachers not teaching me anything... grr........

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.