Is anyone not paying themselves for Uni? Watch

This discussion is closed.
LeedsLad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dark and Lovely)
Aha! Atleast you recognise my wit...but anyways brick wall and all that! We have a difference of opinion-shock horror-i take a more liberal approach to people's decisions. So "allow it"
Chuckle .... I bet you were in debating societies at school
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lolly-88)
Dark and Lovely is a lawyer to be....it will be her job to argue she won't give up! :p:
Oooooooo now I am really worried ... goes and finds Wellington Boots and puts them on very quickly

Some people on forums just like to argue because its gives them the security that they dont normally have in life ... a PC screen does a lot for people nowadays ... bring back the old way .. face to face in a pub lol ...

I have owned forums since 2001 and have seen it all before and I just giggle at it and get me fishing rod out and reel them in .. you can spot them a mile away

They are normally the people that told on others at school
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha exactly why i love debating/arguing-this isn't really personal, so i'm not going to get worked up or offended.

Good good please dont take my age and wisdom personally it comes from YEARS of experience at dealing with people ... I wouldnt want you to be upset and crying now :eek:
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by LeedsLad)
Oooooooo now I am really worried ... goes and finds Wellington Boots and puts them on very quickly

Some people on forums just like to argue because its gives them the security that they dont normally have in life ... a PC screen does a lot for people nowadays ... bring back the old way .. face to face in a pub lol ...

I have owned forums since 2001 and have seen it all before and I just giggle at it and get me fishing rod out and reel them in .. you can spot them a mile away

They are normally the people that told on others at school
Good good please dont take my age and wisdom personally it comes from YEARS of experience at dealing with people ... I wouldnt want you to be upset and crying now
Haha...can you see the irony in that first statement in bold? Don't psychoanalyse me you're not the only one who studied the subject; you can't tell much from the internet-you should know that perceived personality isn't necessarily stable across all situations-Mischel?!

Trust me arguing on forums doesn't give me the satisfaction i get from shutting people down in arguments in real life lol.

2nd quote: I thought i was supposed to be the *****y/touchy one...man up!
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would love to see you "shut me down" in real life chuckle

Now that would have me rolling around the floor laughing my head off...

Plus I wouldnt even try to analyse you because there would be too much going on I think ...

Without going and looking at your other posts as I have better things to do I would say that you aregue a lot around the forum but in real life you are probably the very quiet and shy one that doesnt say boo to a goose
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
This is stupid. If parents want to pay and help their kids whats the problem with that? My parents are paying for 4 to go to uni, and its not us sponging off them, or being to lazy to work, theyve made sacrifices so they can pay and give us the best start and a chance to be able to buy a house etc. What am i supposed to say sorry i dont want the money, i'd rather be in debt up to my eyeballs for years to come, you shouldnt have bothered working hard to be able to pay for it. I am very grateful and will work my ass off at uni and make it worth the money.
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lammy)
This is stupid. If parents want to pay and help their kids whats the problem with that? My parents are paying for 4 to go to uni, and its not us sponging off them, or being to lazy to work, theyve made sacrifices so they can pay and give us the best start and a chance to be able to buy a house etc. What am i supposed to say sorry i dont want the money, i'd rather be in debt up to my eyeballs for years to come, you shouldnt have bothered working hard to be able to pay for it. I am very grateful and will work my ass off at uni and make it worth the money.

Well done so you understand the values of hard work and thats a little bit different ... thing is on forums people are not always going to agree with you and thats the great thing about them
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would love to see you "shut me down" in real life chuckle

Now that would have me rolling around the floor laughing my head off...

Plus I wouldnt even try to analyse you because there would be too much going on I think ...

Without going and looking at your other posts as I have better things to do I would say that you aregue a lot around the forum but in real life you are probably the very quiet and shy one that doesnt say boo to a goose

:eek: omg, you've got me down to a tee...just when i thought you may actually know what you're talking about...
Being shy doesn't exactly correlate with wanting to be a barrister :rolleyes:
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyway time for me to go out as I think dark and wotsit is going to start crying in a minute as its someone has stood up to her ...

Oh and in return for your age comment ... 18 wow you must know it all lol
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lammy)

Thank You!
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:eek: omg, you've got me down to a tee...just when i thought you may actually know what you're talking about...
Being shy doesn't exactly correlate with wanting to be a barrister :rolleyes:
No I dont have a clue really but I know one thing ... you talk out of your big botty lol

Soooooooo touchy OUCH it hurts ....

Cmon now there there there be the bigger man and walk away and lets leave the thread for other people
sandwich
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I pay for everything myself my fees my accommodation, my food, leisure, everything, but I am 26, although having said that even if I had gone at 18 I would have still paid for everything, I have been raised to be very independent, which I hated when I was younger and was very jealous of the people who were given things by their parents, but now I am very grateful for that upbringing I really appreciate everything much more and know the meaning of hard work.
Although I have nothing against students who have their parents paying for them, I say good for them and make the most of it, as long as they appreciate it and work hard at uni then good for them I say
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm paying for myself. My parents could no way afford my fees. I don't mind being independent, everyone has to do it sometime!
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thank You!
You really have issues with this dont you ....

My Ex Wife is a lawyer by the way
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyway time for me to go out as I think dark and wotsit is going to start crying in a minute as its someone has stood up to her ...

Oh and in return for your age comment ... 18 wow you must know it all lol

You keep making unfounded points, that's one reason i can't even respect your point of view and stood up to me? I don't seem to be one making snide comments about having a different approach to life. THIS IS THE INTERNET-but then again like you said forums have been your life for the past 6 years
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sandwich)
I pay for everything myself my fees my accommodation, my food, leisure, everything, but I am 26, although having said that even if I had gone at 18 I would have still paid for everything, I have been raised to be very independent, which I hated when I was younger and was very jealous of the people who were given things by their parents, but now I am very grateful for that upbringing I really appreciate everything much more and know the meaning of hard work.
Although I have nothing against students who have their parents paying for them, I say good for them and make the most of it, as long as they appreciate it and work hard at uni then good for them I say
I think what we were saying before the "all seeing and all knowing at 18 lawyer" said something was that the people like yourself and myself that do it them selves tend to appreciate Uni more and what it takes to do the complete package and not just read a few books ... I admire those that have to budget at a young age and do everything else but I dont really admire those that have it all put on a plate as they are usually spoilt brats and take take

Well done to you
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sandwich)

I agree, i offered to get a job at uni, so my parents don't give me too much money each month, but the tone in my entire family is, don't get a job focus on your studies and get a first!-cause it's that simple.
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You keep making unfounded points, that's one reason i can't even respect your point of view and stood up to me? I don't seem to be one making snide comments about having a different approach to life. THIS IS THE INTERNET-but then again like you said forums have been your life for the past 6 years
I wouldnt really be bothered if you respected my comments or not lol you are just a random person on here who is argumentative and has a bit of a chip on thier shoulder for some reason and doesnt like being questioned about it ..

No, I didnt say they were my LIFE ... so your obviously in need of some glasses .. I said that I have owned forums since 2001 which is a bit different to saying that they are my life ...

Your life obviously revolves around being on here and sponging off your parents .. but that could be a generalisation ..

We could be here all night lol and I doubt very much that you would be able to have enough experience to be even on the same level as me ...

Lets hope that when you go to Uni and grow up a little bit as we all do that the chip comes off your shoulder

Amen
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get a job lol ....

Fishing Rod away I will be back later for some more comical debate with the all knowing one

Next you will be giving me life tips chuckle ....
*Princess Emily*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If my parents could afford to pay for me to go through university i wouldnt take there money anyway. I chose to go to university and I will pay my way through it. I would be ashamed to take hand outs off my parents when there are plenty of part time jobs availiable
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (201)
43.6%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (143)
31.02%
I don't have an opinion (117)
25.38%

Watched Threads