Best all time game (for the guys) Watch

Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Fox)
That's not a ratio to be proud of, Profesh.
Depends how good you are at a game, I suppose. On Counter Strike I'd be over the moon if I was getting 2:1 (or even 1:1)...also depends on the skill of your opponents - you may be quite chuffed if you've got 5:1 on CS, but it'd obviously be something to be very proud of if you were playing against a team like 4Kings, and you can't honestly have the same feeling of achievement if you're playing a bunch of newbies who've never played an FPS before :p:
IguessIwin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
best game ever simple SUPER MARIO BROS 2 on the Nes. Been re-released like a douzen times so clearly nintendo seem to agree. 80s games were legendary.
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by IguessIwin)
Been re-released like a douzen times so clearly nintendo seem to agree.
The fact that it's been re-released a dozen times means nothing :p: There are a few companies (Nintendo, Capcom, Namco and Atari are all particularly bad for this) which regularly re-release old games to milk as much profit out of them as possible. I played Street Fighter II when it was released on the Megadrive a decade and a half ago. I have no real intention of playing the exact same game 15 years later on under a new guise of Super Street Fighter II Ex Plus Alpha Turbo Hyper Fighting Champion Edition :rolleyes:
LarryDavid
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

/End thread
nuff said

Not just opinion, its scientific fact its the greatest game ever made.
coloursonthetv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alexjc)
dancing on there corpse now though
So it's not just you're/your you have a problem with then? It's their corpse. There/their/they're.

Oh yes, totally jealous of your "pr0".......
muppet87
Report 12 years ago
The Resident Evil Series have been consistently brilliant, if I had to choose one I would choose Resident Evil 2 (although Code Veronica on the DC comes close). Also Metal Gear Solid deserves a big shout. Classic game would be Revenge of Shinobi.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by coloursonthetv)
So it's not just you're/your you have a problem with then? It's their corpse. There/their/they're.

Oh yes, totally jealous of your "pr0".......
pedant, i would expect this from the have your say section...but not here
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
pedant, i would expect this from the have your say section...but not here
You'll get it anywhere
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well my favourite game personally is Tomb Raider 2, but before that it was the legendary Street Fighter, although Mortal Combat went with it, it really wasnt as good though.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by theguy123)
Not without good reason as well. The game's a masterpiece, perfecting a series that was already regarded as one of the best around. Been my favourite game for a good many years now and to be honest I can't see that changing any time soon.

If anyone's bored (unlikely) from playing it through so many times I recommend you check out OoT: Master Quest. Makes the dungeons more challenging and you know us Zelda lot can't resist a good session of Temple crawling:rolleyes:
Yeah I haven't played Master Quest but I have it. I sold my gamecube though to buy a WII but changed my mind and got a 360 instead. Now until I get a job I can't buy the WII (or a second hand cube) to play it.

I have collectors edition and played Majora's Mask again but I already completed that when I was like 11 and this time through I gave up halfway because I got stuck on it. That game still has nothing on OOT though.
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Depends how good you are at a game, I suppose. On Counter Strike I'd be over the moon if I was getting 2:1 (or even 1:1)...also depends on the skill of your opponents - you may be quite chuffed if you've got 5:1 on CS, but it'd obviously be something to be very proud of if you were playing against a team like 4Kings, and you can't honestly have the same feeling of achievement if you're playing a bunch of newbies who've never played an FPS before :p:
anything over 1:1 for KDR means you are "better than the average stew" - the stews will be getting <1:1 to balance out the better players' scores of >1:1

i got 4:1 on warhawk yesterday too much fun (on a ranked server too! they weren't noobs)
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dac_10)
well my favourite game personally is Tomb Raider 2, but before that it was the legendary Street Fighter, although Mortal Combat went with it, it really wasnt as good though.
Mortal Kombat wasn't as good as Street Fighter?!?!!? ****ing blasphemer!
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Mortal Kombat wasn't as good as Street Fighter?!?!!? ****ing blasphemer!
thats what i said mate.
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i gotta say mortal kombat really sucks when you've played tekken as much as me it's just so very very limited. cant really remember SF... it cant have been worse tho. as long as it had more than 3 or 4 moves per character....
AsphyxiateD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Metal Gear Solid 2.

Bit of a bump but meh.
panda_power
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Mario World and Zelda Ocarina Of Time = best games ever.... fact.
The Last Meatbag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AsphyxiateD)
Metal Gear Solid 2.

Bit of a bump but meh.
Ditto. Tied to MGS 1.

2 of the greatest games ever.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
mgs was good but i would never in 1000 years call it the best game ever!!
AsphyxiateD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Meh, I disagree whole-heartedly. You can keep playing MGS games over and over again; in fact, I have completed 1 around 10 times, 3 around 15 and 2 now over 40 times (as of last week).

I also was ranked 1st in Europe on MGS3's online portion until it got boring. The MGS series is perfect.
The Last Meatbag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mgs was good but i would never in 1000 years call it the best game ever!!
It was for me. ;dry;

The story, character arc, twists and innovative gameplay was so influential.

Truly cinematic.

Watch this youtube clip- the dialogue, music everything affected me. :yy:

And part 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads