The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Consie
theyre not even worth looking for, jeans are jeans unless your really paying out or getting them made for you, plus theyre going to get crap all over them if you go into town regulary, just need something you can dance in and undo easily for the toilet and its all gravy.

Do you buy jeans solely for clubbing or osmething? or is this thread specifically aimed at jeans for clubbing?
Consie
and undo easily for the toilet

and the ladies
Reply 82
Do you buy jeans solely for clubbing or something? or is this thread specifically aimed at jeans for clubbing?

no, but the times when i wear good gear is if im going out. i probably go out partying more than i go out wondering round town shopping, and the rest of the week im generally in sports gear from playing sport. If youre only walking round in jeans, then as long as they look alright and, as i say, arent rediculously uncomfortable, who cares about the softness or the finer points of the fit? you dont stop to appreciate it, youd only take note if it was annoying you, not if they felt great. hence, paying a lot for some 'amazing fit' is unwise, they just need to be above the low quality mark, not above the high quality mark, if you see what i mean.

i dont think many people don their top notch gear, unless theyre vain/insecure, for doing mundane things, and the time i would is when id be in a bar/having something to eat/clubbing, and those are teh times when theyre more likely to get damaged, not least by sumbling round and the bottoms fraying.

so the point of what im saying is talking about the finer points of jeans is BS if you ask me, jeans are jeans, they just need to look alright on, thats it. Nobody gives a crap about what type of stitching is on the arse pockets (i.e. showing what make it is). Thats why i just stock up on pretty cheap dark jeans that look good on for when im out, so im not assed if i wakeup and one of the legs has chilli sauce all down it.
I would love a pair of Rock and Republics, £300 though!!
^ i have two pairs,
never worn either of them
Reply 85
rock and republics? never even heard of them man. ive i was going to spend out, you want to get a fashion staple like prada or gucci or amani or something.
not a big fan of either of them
Reply 87
Tabris
If you buy EU-ED Evisu jeans and you've immediately gone wrong. Unless you're getting it from Japan, chances are the jeans you're buying are made like **** for the price you pay. Not always, but usually.

i have 3 pairs of evisu jeans all brought from the flagship store and 2 are the japan brand evisu's the euro evisu's do not suit me

Bape
Man you've got expensive tastes...next must pay you too well :rolleyes: lol. I'm with you on the evisu's though, got 2 pairs of evisu jeans. £120 and £130 i think, both from selfridges. Had them for a while and really like the. May well get another pair soon.

Y3 stuffs nice too, but imo thats too overpriced!

me expensive tastes never...i try to get discount from everything i buy now days and Yes Next pay is ok lol i handed in my notice last week so i can go uni :biggrin:
yess man get evisu's like my friend says 'its better to wear something when its out of fashion than when its in fashion'
All my boyfriends jeans cost like £75+... I guess they're a little overpriced, but you can pretty much guarentee that jeans at that price are going to be good quality..
tried on a pair of diors today.

i can safely say they are the nicest jeans i have ever tried on. beautiful fit.
Reply 90
TK Maxx rocks - I've never spent more than £25 on jeans yet my collection includes Wrangler, Antik Denim, Sevens, Sass and Bide, Calvin Klein, Mavi, Earl etc...couldn't do it without TK Maxx!!
Reply 91
TK Maxx is a bit of a hit-and-miss shop - for every nice item of clothing you have about 100 rubbish ones.
Reply 92
g2da3
i have 3 pairs of evisu jeans all brought from the flagship store and 2 are the japan brand evisu's the euro evisu's do not suit me

That's okay then. :smile: you got the 2000, 2001 cuts of the Japanese denim or something different?

I'll be getting some Samurai's soon with the Acurate and tab still intact :3
Reply 93
Tabris
That's okay then. :smile: you got the 2000, 2001 cuts of the Japanese denim or something different?

I'll be getting some Samurai's soon with the Acurate and tab still intact :3

i got the 2000's the 2001's were to baggy :frown:
you know the one when the BIG sign goes all the way down the jeans

and samurai's iam shocked how much are you getting them for? if you dont mind me asking ? (i heard they dont sell it in the UK you can only get them in Japan) i dont know if its ture or not :s-smilie:

but their prices are mad crazy LOL
ninetyeights
not good.

also i second TK maxx! some of the stuff in there is actually REALLY nice. i usually get levis jeans and make them into skinny jeans, it's about £20 for a REALLY nice pair of perfect jeans :biggrin:

Firetrap as a brand logo is quite nice but the jeans just look soo ordinary. Nothing really jumps out at me with Firetrap and seein as the average price is about £50 + not really worth my hard earned cash.

I do get loadsa jeans and im gonna fight for TopMan, I quite like their Blagger range of jeans, especially the dark denim boot cut and at £25 a pop its pretty reasonably priced. I am also a sucker for Bench (is that bad?) as I think they pretty smart/casual at the same time.

As for TK Maxx, 95% of all the stock is pretty much tat but you do get the odd rough diamond in there, Diesel jeans marked down from £130 to £60 is prob my best find.
Reply 95
g2da3
i got the 2000's the 2001's were to baggy :frown:
you know the one when the BIG sign goes all the way down the jeans

and samurai's iam shocked how much are you getting them for? if you dont mind me asking ? (i heard they dont sell it in the UK you can only get them in Japan) i dont know if its ture or not :s-smilie:

but their prices are mad crazy LOL

Yeah, the daicock jeans, It think they're called that, that's is if my memory serves me correct.

Not too much, I think about £115-£130 depending on exchange rate and possible customs charge. I'll be getting them shipped from Japan, but there is a store which sells them in the USA, but they're without the acurate and red tab and it should work out cheaper from Japan than if I'd ordered from the US place.
Reply 96
Sure why not ! I've spent like £150 on a pair of jeans.
And yeah i agree with someone above, just make sure you have the right length jeans (try them on in the changing rooms !) then obviously they wont fray. I always find that topshop have amazing jeans anyway.
ive just bought 2 new pairs of dior jeans

£150 and £270
Reply 98
What??!!
Are u serious?
I think £85 is OK. Soon every pair of jeans I own will be Fornarina, I heart them. I flogged my other branded ones on eBay for quite good prices. Atm I'm saving up for a pair of Fornarina Bayleys which cost £85.

Latest