This discussion is closed.
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Sorry if i've been a bit lax in inviting and accepting people, i'll work on it later. Just started year 12.
dipz51
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ill join too! applyin for 2008 entry. I have done the ukcat, so if anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer. I think a pre-med society was much needed on TSR!
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DanielIvtsan)
Sorry if i've been a bit lax in inviting and accepting people, i'll work on it later. Just started year 12.
How is year 12 going? you enjoying it?
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
oh i'm loving it. None of those subjects that make me wanna rip my own face off
nnkuk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK, call me a downer here, but surely this title assumes we are all going to get places....

Look at the person who posted above you and the person who posted below you. Only one of you is going to get in .....
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by nnkuk)
OK, call me a downer here, but surely this title assumes we are all going to get places....

Look at the person who posted above you and the person who posted below you. Only one of you is going to get in .....
Yeah i guess you right...and that is a downer lol!
BlueRoses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, can I join? Entry 2008, applying to Aberdeen, Dundee, St Andrews and Glasgow!
lil groovy dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xemmajanex)
Hope it goes well!

Tomorrow I've got my mock interview at school, so I've been trying to read up on interview questions (AF has loads of past qs). Probably the worst I've found so far are:

- Why should you not want to be a doctor?
- Why did you apply to x? (x being a medical school other than the one you're having an interview for, so you wouldn't know whether to be too praising of its course etc!)
- Why not nursing?
- If you were to design 4 stamps to mark the 50th anniversary of the NHS what would you put on the stamps and why?
- If, on a scale of 0-5, 0 was caring for people and 5 was science, where would you put yourself on the scale?
- I know you'll love science and people, but what excites you about Medicine?
- Most people hate being in environments full of sick people; do you think doctors are odd in that they actually want to be in such a place?
- How do you know if you want to do Medicine?
- How do we know that you really mean it, and how should we decide who deserves to study Medicine or not?
- If you had to tell us one last thing about yourself before we make up our minds, what would it be?
- What's your worst quality?
- What qualities in a doctor are missing in you and do you think you can improve them?

Thank you

:afraid:

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...ead.php?t=2262 Sheffield have a good section on new media medicine
lil groovy dude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome to our latest members Unconscionable and sunspoon

Blueroses, if you wish to join click on Societies at the top of the page and go to Page 9 and when you find "Pre-Med Society" click join
arpeggio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil groovy dude)
Thank you

:afraid:

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...ead.php?t=2262 Sheffield have a good section on new media medicine
Thanks, that's great! I love NMM
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Well, lets just hope that there are 2 non-TSR people who have the IQ of toads, for every one of us
_bonnie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just sent my application!
:eek:
digitalis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry to put a downer but its more like 1 in 12 :P haha
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
digitalis; who will forevermore be known as hypo-toad due to his display picture, just made me sad.
lil groovy dude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1 in 3 people who apply to Medicine end up doing it apparently ..
digitalis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lies. 49% of stats are made up on the spot.

There was a post on NMM a while back, quoting some stats...something like 55% dont get any offers, 25% get one, 12% get 2, 3 % get 3, 0.9% get 4.
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What about the other 4.1%?
digitalis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can't remember what they were exactly...I'll try and find the post.
arpeggio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My UCAS welcome letter came today, so I can now obsessively check track for those 4 rejections I have a 55% chance of getting. Erm, yay ?
_bonnie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xemmajanex)
My UCAS welcome letter came today, so I can now obsessively check track for those 4 rejections I have a 55% chance of getting. Erm, yay ?
haha don't know if im jealous or not!
how long did it take for your welcome letter to come?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads