This discussion is closed.
mike1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by NFI)
Jesus, how are you going to cope when someone is square in your face threatening to put you on your arse because you can't do something simple? You can go and see the padre and tell him you're stressed. Nothing will change, but it might make you feel better :rolleyes:

Yeah i can cope with that I have grown up with it all my life and will have to should i get through but people dont need it on here when they are stressed and new to this site.
I totally understand people ask the same question all the time and im sure that the people who get asked these question are get very annoyed so im sorry but like I say im new on here and am learning. If it wasnt for you people helping other it would be alot harder for people so what you are doing is right but all I think you should do is have a quite word with them and not have another discussion on here about it.
simone2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There were some good ones on egoat a while ago, which were far worse, although I don't think the guy was going for Officer. Some of his questions were:

1) hey...i was just wondering, during basic training is it possible to bring a laptop with you? or will you not have time to use this? also how often are the family allowed to visit...and i dont suppose anything happens if your birthday falls on a day during your training? lol. thx

2) hey just wondering what overseas bases you have all been to? (current or ex raf members obviously), maybe give me a description of it, and also where would you reccomend I try and get posted to? , also would you say it's better or more fun to be posted overseas or somewhere in the uk? thx

3) ok slighty random question here....whilst in the raf are you allowed to keep pets (ie dogs/cats) on base with you? I was at RAF leeming other day, n saw a couple there so jus wondering.

4) hey, im currently in the process of applying for the RAF, just wondering (question for those aready in the raf) whats life like on base. such as is it anything like what it is at recruit training, where you are constantly told what to do by your seniors, or you have to salute them consantly, or is it a lot more relaxed, and more sorta matey, if you get me lol. also random question-on base do you have to stay in uniform at all times, or just for working hours? thx

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9247
NFI
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you even know what true stress is?! Like being given a time scale for rigging a bridge up for demolition, and if you fail then people die (admittedly people weren't going to die, we were just going to go for a swim in the river). It's dark, you haven't slept for a few days and have been tabbing between tasks, your hands are freezing cold and your best mates are really starting to get on your tits because they can't place their CD14s as you are using their gerber. The section commander is getting threaders with the staffy, the staffy is getting threaders with the troopy and the troopy is writing up orders for the next task, guess what, $h!t rolls downhill!

Kind of puts a web forum "stress" into perspective a little doesn't it? :rolleyes:
NFI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by simone2)
i dont suppose anything happens if your birthday falls on a day during your training? lol.
I was on exercise for my 21st in Brecon is the pissing rain. I woke up with a boner, that was the best thing that happened that day.
mike1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by NFI)
Do you even know what true stress is?! Like being given a time scale for rigging a bridge up for demolition, and if you fail then people die (admittedly people weren't going to die, we were just going to go for a swim in the river). It's dark, you haven't slept for a few days and have been tabbing between tasks, your hands are freezing cold and your best mates are really starting to get on your tits because they can't place their CD14s as you are using their gerber. The section commander is getting threaders with the staffy, the staffy is getting threaders with the troopy and the troopy is writing up orders for the next task, guess what, $h!t rolls downhill!

Kind of puts a web forum "stress" into perspective a little doesn't it? :rolleyes:
Yeah I totally understand that is stress but thats what we sign up for we know what we might have to do before we sign on the dotted line if you dont then you should really apply.
If this is what someone really wants to do and have always wanted to do the it can be a different type of stress to the one your talking about.

I just think everyone should just talk to each other on here like we are on the same side because if we all met I think we would all get on really well and one day we might.
newbie0102
Report 11 years ago
haha bet that was one birthday that will be on your list of most memorable ones eh!

loving the random questions and i thought i asked some pretty stupid ones!
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NFI)
I was on exercise for my 21st in Brecon is the pissing rain. I woke up with a boner, that was the best thing that happened that day.
That's never happened to me on exercise. Luckily I've not pulled yet on exercise, haha
simone2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NFI)
That post actually looks like I was asking that question...
Well! - interesting to know what you were doing though!
pooh bear
Report 11 years ago
Have just been reading through this thread and feel I should add to it. I have to agree with whats been said before. I must confess I asked a question that i should have know through my own research thankfully someone pointed this out and its shown another area I need to work on. In regards to stress, its something that you have to deal with, training is designed to be stressful, if you cant cope with someone shouting at you how are you going to cope making decsions whe lives are at stake?
mike1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by pooh bear)
Have just been reading through this thread and feel I should add to it. I have to agree with whats been said before. I must confess I asked a question that i should have know through my own research thankfully someone pointed this out and its shown another area I need to work on. In regards to stress, its something that you have to deal with, training is designed to be stressful, if you cant cope with someone shouting at you how are you going to cope making decsions whe lives are at stake?

yeah thats true it has got out of hand but if this thread has made people think then atleast someone has got something out of this.

Everyone need to kiss and make up now cos its silly.
Q_M
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll shake your hand but I'm not kissin you 'son
pooh bear
Report 11 years ago
How has this thread "got out of hand"? Some people have obviously put a lot of time and effort for interviews and getting background research, why should people benefit from that without putting any effort in?
mike1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quiet_Mason)
I'll shake your hand but I'm not kissin you 'son

Its a deal noel edmonds
mike1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by pooh bear)
How has this thread "got out of hand"? Some people have obviously put a lot of time and effort for interviews and getting background research, why should people benefit from that without putting any effort in?
looks like neither of us are getting each other point so there is no point in replying to this no more I have revision to do.

Good luck in what ever u do ad I hope u get what u want.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is stressful?

If some of us can be arsed to put together lots of information, then I think you can be arsed to do a search. Quit asking bone questions and start reading and taking on information. After all, if you're gunning to join then you should be consuming as much information as possible and the first thing that most keen people do is a search then print off and/or read through the information.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (30)
24.79%
No (91)
75.21%

Watched Threads