Turn on thread page Beta

If you had a choice which gender would you be? watch

• View Poll Results: Which gender would you prefere to be?
    Im female and would have chosen to be female
    31.53%
    Im female and would have chosen to be male
    11.71%
    Im male and would have chosen to be male
    38.29%
    Im male and would have chosen to be female
    9.91%
    I really wouldn't have been bothered.
    8.56%

ReputationRep:
    It would be interesting being female for a day. I'd hope to be a hottie, so I could video myself for use later.

But no - am male, and would choose to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy.dd)
    thanks for ending it there with a nice burn on my behalf! :rolleyes:
    its kind of a burn but with a nice twist i mean she called you pretty....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    It's awesome most of the time, but when you get particularly excited around someone you like, it can be pretty obvious/embarrassing, as far as i know girls don't get that problem:p:
    whoa, I always thought you were a girl, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you can visualise what you'd look like if you were the opposite gender.. Photoshop works to do this as well!! My boyfriend makes a cute girl :p:

ReputationRep:
    Definately female. There's nothing good I can think of if I was a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    I reckon you can visualise what you'd look like if you were the opposite gender.. Photoshop works to do this as well!! My boyfriend makes a cute girl :p:
    Did you get him to tuck his penis between his legs to make a pseudomangina?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Did you get him to tuck his penis between his legs to make a pseudomangina?
    Whoever said there was nakedness involved?!

Unless you like the idea. You saucy sailor. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous,)
    If you could have chosen which gender to be would you have chose to be a male or female?

I don't know much about gender but im guessing the main advantages of being male are you would be stronger, better at sport, no periods or giving birth, its more acceptable for you to look scruffy and be anti social.

I would say the advantages of being female are in general you don't have any pressure to be tough, do manual work, maybe you get more sympathy and have a slightly longer life expectancy lol. I don't know the facts this is just how I see things.

Anyway, based on your own perceptions which gender would you choose to be?
    Better at sport?! Ooooo, I'm annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki14)
    its kind of a burn but with a nice twist i mean she called you pretty....
    Agreed, but unnecessary. Oh well... at least I will get married and become a mother. **** my career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Im actually surprised by how many girls are moaning about 'social pressures' and saying they would rather be male because of this- jesus, think for yourself.

Im female and id prefere to stay female given the option. To be honest men in general get a pretty bad rep, no matter how much of a decent guy they are. Women quite frankly are allowed to get away with murder- all they have to do is blame something on time of the month and that seems to be a get of of jail free card for acting like a complete psycho.
    totally agree :five: And mens clothes and hair is so ****in BORING. And all they have to browse/do is beer, footy, boobs, er....women? What a crap life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    Whoever said there was nakedness involved?!

Unless you like the idea. You saucy sailor. :cool:
    I did, in my head. You were naked too. You also fancy me and gave me a blowjob whilst your boyfriend was asleep, in the same room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy.dd)
    Agreed, but unnecessary. Oh well... at least I will get married and become a mother. **** my career.
    *Blink*. Honestly, meant it to be a compliment. Sorry if it came out wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be fun to be a guy for a day/week (any short period of time) but id rather stay as a girl in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I would stay being a male. How else would I admire the female body without having my head chopped of by my family?

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone would give the opposite a try for a few days, but in the long run, I cant imagine being another person. There's obviously curiosity about having the other body parts and all that.

I read an article by some woman who dressed up as a man and went to a stripping club to look at the girls from a 'male' perspective, and she concluded with the general idea of: Be glad you are a woman. Easy is not the same as better.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Male, too much like hard work being a woman, hair, gossip, fashion and so on all to contend with, would definately stay the way i was born

ReputationRep:
    im male n id stay male, you can do whateva u wont 2 n no1 cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blu-neve)
    (okay, in return girls have a stronger relationship to their children - if they like it)
    Do they though? That is always thrown in as a counter-balance, but a lot of mothers don't bond with their babies. And for those that do, the kid can never remember being in the womb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I disagree with your first sentence and see no evidence to suggest that it is true.
    Less attractive girls have the chance to use "make up" and other cosmetics to enhance their looks. An unattractive guy can't really. :p:

eek im sure for girls there's a fine line for attractive and not attractive. you have to be physically attractive to the guy for him to fall in your gravity. whereas for girls, i believe you dont have to be a beautiful being to be someone's bf?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be that bothered. Sure, there are areas in which either gender has advantages over the other, but seeing as a lot of people manage to make the best of things (or manage to wind up equally unhappy if you wish to look at it that way), I don't think it matters in the end.

As has been said, it would be interesting for a short time to be the other gender, but I'd probably choose to be male again, since at least I know I won't wind up being jealous of the opposite gender and can deal with male issues at least until my age (who knows, bad things might happen, and it's not worth the risk if you're happy with how you are).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.