Turn on thread page Beta

Paranoid about my looks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    Yeah its my diet, as I say I drink a lot of cola plus eat stodgy meals at uni like meatballs and potatoes with veg or BBQ chicken and rice, that was why I bought loads of proper food today so I can cook my own more often.

Also I admit to eating at bad times I often eat around 11pm-2am
    There are no bad times to eat, its good that you are going to start cooking though. I know you say you do enough exersise but could you tell us your exact work out plan on here? We might be able to help with that, I don't think the weights will help you to lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Then go seek help for your depression.
    Already did and best I can get is one session with a 3-4 months waiting list and 1 appointment every 2 months or so after that(and yes I did sign up)

ReputationRep:
    If you're eating at 'bad times', draw yourself up a rota and organise your day. You'll soon fall into a routine and be eating at regular intervals.

ReputationRep:
    You look uncomfortable. People look more attractive when they're happy. It's true. Beware: ambiguities ahead (just in case! :p:)

There's a girl at school/work/out-of-school-activity/other() who can quite frequently appear miserable, even with a sort of smile. This does her no favours whatsoever. At some point within the last x days/weeks/months, she seemed a lot brighter, cheerier, and generally happier, more content with life etc. This made her seem a lot more attractive. I'm not talking marginal, I'm talking significant. I'm talking 4/10 before, 7/10 after sort of thing.

Now, I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this respect, because in day-to-day life I'm not exactly cheery (not glum either, just fairly neutral). If I made an effort, I could probably go for the whole "merry countenance" thing and get away with it. I just don't bother because I consider myself pretty much a lost cause, but I'm pretty sure it could work for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluestorm)
    There are no bad times to eat, its good that you are going to start cooking though. I know you say you do enough exersise but could you tell us your exact work out plan on here? We might be able to help with that, I don't think the weights will help you to lose fat.
    No work out plan as such, normally I go on rowing machine for 15 minutes, then to treadmill for 15, then to bikes for about 10-15 then back to rowing machine, then theres one im not sure the name of but you hold the bars at side and walk and it lifts you up and down and forward and back i,e walking with you.

Then a mix of whatevers available

ReputationRep:
    Already did and best I can get is one session with a 3-4 months waiting list and 1 appointment every 2 months or so after that(and yes I did sign up)
    perhaps you should join depression soc. as well as weight loss?

it helps to have people around you with the same problems and the same common goals. it helps just to be able to talk freely.

ReputationRep:
    11 stone at 5'11 is skinny. He's talking *******s.

Oh and don't go to Zara, I find their clothes cheaply made, and seriously don;t you think he has more issues than coloured contacts????!

asjfafjaps
    Yes he does, and if I had time I would expand......maybe later....

Zara is great though! It might be different for ladies clothes, but I can't complain much

ReputationRep:
    No work out plan as such, normally I go on rowing machine for 15 minutes, then to treadmill for 15, then to bikes for about 10-15 then back to rowing machine, then theres one im not sure the name of but you hold the bars at side and walk and it lifts you up and down and forward and back i,e walking with you.

Then a mix of whatevers available
    have you been slowly increasing the amount of time you are on each of them? if not then you will get to a point where you just dont lose weight any more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    Yes he does, and if I had time I would expand......maybe later....

Zara is great though! It might be different for ladies clothes, but I can't complain much
    my zara jumper got a hole in it after 2 washes. I was very very mad.

ReputationRep:
    Coke contains a ridiculous amount of sugar, you know that. Drink water or milk instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    have you been slowly increasing the amount of time you are on each of them? if not then you will get to a point where you just dont lose weight any more
    Nope just spend the same as I get bored of it after that then come back, that could be a reason?

ReputationRep:
    Nope just spend the same as I get bored of it after that then come back, that could be a reason?
    tbh i think its a mix of little things you are doing wrong, that being one of them, drinking huge amounts of cola and not eating on some days etc. try changing all of these and see if it helps, if it doesnt dont just give up, keep at it. if your dedicated you WILL get results. just stay positive about it.

i know how you feel though, im often down (i dont have a good home life) and i find it hard to lose weight as well, anything i eat makes me put on weight. its not motivating but you just have to keep at it. if you want any more tips or anything feel free to PM me good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    my zara jumper got a hole in it after 2 washes. I was very very mad.
    I've got clothes from 2-3 years back and they still look good..............but that's by the by!

ReputationRep:
    stay on the machines. I used to the treadmill for 30 mins and bike for 60. Do you have an ipod? if so use it and listen to cascada!!! Best exercise music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    I've got clothes from 2-3 years back and they still look good..............but that's by the by!
    maybe women's zara is poopier then. I was in there today. I like how they sometimes have hot spanish staff :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    If you go to the gym, do it properly otherwise its just a waste of time. So many people act like *****es and don't even look like they're going to break into a sweat.

Make a workout plan. Add weights, high intensity cardio and calorie count as well (even better workout how much fat/protein/carbs etc you're getting). The fat will roll off, the women will roll on. You know how it is.

And get some new clothes and a haircut and contacts... Go to urban outfitters or something.

Disclaimer: The women probably wont roll on, but you get my point.

ReputationRep:
    maybe women's zara is poopier then. I was in there today. I like how they sometimes have hot spanish staff :teeth:
    The stuff I've got from Zara, and my girlfriends, have been pretty suspect. One time I got a shirt for my prom, nearly every button fell off apart from 1 or 2 because the stitching sucked. Had to get my mummy to sort it out for me and sew them back on. I would've been screwed if I was at uni then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    The stuff I've got from Zara, and my girlfriends, have been pretty suspect. One time I got a shirt for my prom, nearly every button fell off apart from 1 or 2 because the stitching sucked. Had to get my mummy to sort it out for me and sew them back on. I would've been screwed if I was at uni then.
    It makes me sad, they have some really stylish stuff - I've not been to the men's buit but there's loooads of great looking stuff for women.

That said, maybe OP shouldn't listen to me about men's fashion :p: I tell em all to go to M&S...what can I say, I like Take That :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmm....yeah!

(Although I suspect we're looking at different people!)

And I get to look at them in their home territory this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    If you go to the gym, do it properly otherwise its just a waste of time. So many people act like *****es and don't even look like they're going to break into a sweat.

Make a workout plan. Add weights, high intensity cardio and calorie count as well (even better workout how much fat/protein/carbs etc you're getting). The fat will roll off, the women will roll on. You know how it is.

And get some new clothes and a haircut and contacts... Go to urban outfitters or something.

Disclaimer: The women probably wont roll on, but you get my point.
    Yeah I dress badly hence why I got the suit originally as you usually see me in a black logo'd t shirt and jeans and I have a heavy thick jacket that goes half way down my legs, looked at my shadow earlier and noticed how bulky it made me look so im looking for a new thin jacket.

I have no fashion sense as I have kinda a mental block over cash lol I just buy cheap or cheapish things lol bought 2 new t shirts for £20 today and thats most I ever spent on a t shirt, my jeans are normally £10 from Asda lol and rest of clothes from Peacocks or Primark

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.