Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abi_gail)
    Once I was going out with a group of friends, and we all had pre-drinks before. After two glasses of wine I thought it would be SO funny if I drank extra fast so I could con more alcohol out of the others. I ended up being wrecked. I have no idea how I got into the club but after being there for a while I started freaking out because I had lost one of my shoes. I started wailing and crying and got convinced that some girl who was also wearing red heels and stolen them from me, and started saying "why did you steal my shoes?? What have I ever done to you?!" and then fell to the floor crying. I was carried out by three bouncers and got really angry and wanted to get back in. Once it was clear I wasn't allowed I yelled "well, I'm 17, and I got in to your club - HAVE THAT!" and now I'm barred. Oh, and my friend went back to look for my shoe, and at closing time she found it was right by the entrance - so I had actually gone about 45 minutes wearing one red stiletto and not realising.

I did something very similar.

Drunk and looking everywhere for my shoes, asking random people where they are. Turn to boyfriend to ask him, he laughs, I start screaming at him for being horrid, then he says they are hanging off your wrists you crazy women, so I swung my arm and clocked him around the head with them saying oh yeah. They were wooden wedge heels (In hindsight, he deserved it, he'd been cheating on me)

Another one, I got very drunk in the park (ah to be 13 again...) and was swinging on the swings, quite content with the world, when I suddenly decided to let go and bashed my head on the floor. Bloody hurt...

Drunk off my face, decided to go out to a nightclub to meet some friends (friends I'd been drinking with said they'd walk me but didn't fancy going in), took the shortcut and was met with a fence. They'd locked the gate. So I decided that's alright I'll climb over it, ended up straddling the fence, got my tights stuck then fell on my face in front of about 20 people and went into the club covered in mud.

I'm very clumsy when drunk :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i once lit a candle, put sugar on a spoon, put the spoon over the flame, and when it turned to 'honey' i stuck my finger in it and it ****ing hurt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i once lit a candle, put sugar on a spoon, put the spoon over the flame, and when it turned to 'honey' i stuck my finger in it and it ****ing hurt!
    I feel your pain !!! (yes i did it too)

im not gonna say the things i've done under the influence of alcohol.

Not that I drink alcohol being sixteen mind ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t_ucd)
    I worry about that every time I get on an escalator!
    Yeah, I always check my shoes now, even if they don't have laces!

ReputationRep:
    I have spent many random nights sleeping on the floors/sofa's of strangers houses.. im either stupid, or trustworthy, but always survived

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayzy)

(i have also managed to catch fish fingers on fire and accordingly turn the kitchen black)

They are DEVIOUS!
    I had a fish finger related incident, but actually set the oven gloves on fire.

Oh and left the polystyrene on a pizza when I cooked it. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiejr15)
    yay, im glad im not the only one people tend to say "no one would ever be able to do that" and i will try, normally results in a "i told you so" look
    Challenge!;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    al.

And when I was younger, my mum had this big candle, and when I blew it out, I realised you could make the wax wibble about if you blew at it. I kept on blowing at it until I got overenthusiastic, and hot wax splattered out all over my face.
    My (tall) friend did this! He blew out his sister's candle, got wax in the eye, jumps up, knocks himself out on ceiling beam.

Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally quite sensible when I'm sober, but after a few drinks I'm a walking disaster.

In my first year at university I got hideously drunk at a club, somehow got back to halls and decided to make a bacon sandwich. I got the frying pan out, put a heck of a lot of oil in the pan and turned the heat on. Waited for it to heat up and, to check that it was sizzling hot I decided to put my hand palm flat down in the frying pan. AGONY. My ever sensible friend panicked and dragged me across the kitchen to the tap and run my hand under cold water for ages. She then put me to bed but, and this was not so sensible of her, she insisted that I went to sleep with my frazzled hand in a bowl of water. I fell asleep in an awkward position with my hand in a massive bowl of water. Woke up the next morning, moved and drenched myself and my entire bed with the water. Pfft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alreeeet x)
    They are DEVIOUS!
    I had a fish finger related incident, but actually set the oven gloves on fire.

Oh and left the polystyrene on a pizza when I cooked it. Nice.
    i've done the pizza polystyrene thing as well

i'm starting to worry that i have actually done quite a few things mentioned on this thread mostly sober as well :eek: although i do become 10x worse when drunk: i like to go by the statement "if i can't remember it, it didn't happen" unfortunately this doesn't work so well when you are caught on camera

ReputationRep:
    There were three most embarassing things I ve done when I was studying in Malaysia. Gosh this is so humiliating.

1. I have mistaken my friend for a stranger once in library. I even tapped her shoulder. (lucky I didnt shout out her name loudly). This is still okay. Next ...

2. I have mistaken my friend's house! I went to a stranger's house instead. And when I asked her name, the dude let me in, ( and I stepped in! and gosh, the cat**** smell! it just so "powerful" that I almost faint on the spot), and oddly the dude was still looking for her. And he said, oh sorry you re in the wrong house.

3. I have mistaken my friend's car, for a STRANGER! again oh gosh yeah. I didnt know what's going on with me!!! silly. And okay, i went inside, and open the door and just sat at the backseat for like 5 seconds, and the couple in the front seat look at the back, and they grinned! I was like oh **** !!!! I am terribly sorry, and walked out with my face down. My friend just arrived, with a black sedan,damn the two cars are very similar.She was laughing and cant stop laughing!! until we finished our lunch.

Skip the drunk-experience, pls. It s too much of embarassment already, I supposed.

Those moments are just hilarious that I remember I will share it in the future with the kids, and tell how silly and unbeliavably "careless" your mom was long time ago. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Punched myself in the face repeatedly which resulted in a tooth abscess.

ReputationRep:
    Asked a woman to read a map.

Never again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)

Never again.

i thought boys didnt ask for directions :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)

Never again.
    I remember we were going on a trip to a posh countryside hotel and before we left, we were looking up directions since it was in the middle of nowhere. One of the girls was using the AA route planner and accidentally entered the postcode with a 4 instead of 14. She was rather upset when she ended up on a crappy housing estate about 40 miles away.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesscaa)
    i thought boys didnt ask for directions :rolleyes:
    Well I'd ask another guy...

ReputationRep:
    excessive alcohol + not having enough money for a taxi home = breaking into some random houses back garden shed thinking it was my own house then waking up in a cell the next morning with no memory of what id done.

was relieved to say the least when i found out what id actualy done.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid I was amusing myself by dipping the end of a piece of string in a cup of water, and touching it against a light bulb so it went "hiss" as the water evaporated. After the ~5th time the bulb shattered and I got glass in my arm. :-\

ReputationRep:
    another quick story.

my dad was drunk so decided it wud be better for me to drive the car. I am bad at driivng but it was 3am and there was no cars or people around. we ended up a roundaboat with smoke coming out of a tree.
    SO STUPID and a little dangerous. it tuk our whole family to push it off.

ReputationRep:
    Got drunk, climbed the water tower that towers over my whole town because I'd always wanted to climb it. It was awesome, I don't regret it at all, but was terrifying when someone said the police were coming...

Absolutely amazing experience but in hindsight pretty dangerous. You know when you're climbing a ladder 3 stories high past a sign saying 'safety harnesses MUST be worn' and you're not wearing one that a night will become legendary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.