Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever had the sensation of freefalling during sleep? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you had the sensation of freefalling during sleep?
    Yes
    97.40%
    No
    2.60%

ReputationRep:
    yeah ! It happens when your tired muscle fibres relaxed/release themselves while sleeping.It feels like freefalling as muscles get totally tension free while falling from some height under gravity. This same mechanism is generated when fatigue muscle fibres releases tension during sleep :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    it's great :]

you get it because you are so so so so relaxed and your heart forgets to beat so therefore you jump cos then it relises that if it doesnt beat, you die xD

i usually get it when im falling down a hole in my dream lol..but ask anyones whose seen me sleep and they will tell you im the queen or jumping ;D

ReputationRep:
    i dont like it

when i get up i actually jump with shock, at least i think i do. I don't like the feeling of it

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, its funny.

ReputationRep:
    I get it then my body jerks. It's a bizzare feeling.

ReputationRep:
    as i'm about to fall asleep, YES! in my dreams... YES!

ReputationRep:
    Alllll the time, the other night i woke up after having life a slipping senation, like i was falling over a slipperly rock (only way to describe it) wierd

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.