Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It sound like sixty four one to me.

But i'll go with 64

ReputationRep:
    64.5, seeing as he did say sixty foive.. thats a cross between 64 and 65 => 64.5
    the end. LOL
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferchichi)
    64.5, seeing as he did say sixty foive.. thats a cross between 64 and 65 => 64.5
    the end. LOL
    Can you explain how he made the 'v' sound without his front teeth touching the lower lip?:hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly 61.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbandervish)
    Can you explain how he made the 'v' sound without his front teeth touching the lower lip?:hmmmm2:
    Put ure finger between your upper and lower teeth, and say five. and if your still not convinced, with ure other hand, pull ure lower lip away from your mouth, and say five.
    Works for me

ReputationRep:
    Obviously 61. I can see how you'd get 64, but 65?

ReputationRep:
    65 but sounds a little like 61 because he's got a mouth full of cereal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferchichi)
    Put ure finger between your upper and lower teeth, and say five. and if your still not convinced, with ure other hand, pull ure lower lip away from your mouth, and say five.
    Works for me
    ha! so you thought of conjuring up some newfangled evidence :rolleyes: I don't remember seeing the kid putting a finger into his mouth, do you? Do you think I'm a sucker?

Perhaps I wasn't being observant enough :hmmmm: ... which brings me to the story of the anatomy professor who poked his finger up the bum of some specimen and then proceeded to suck the finger in front of a class of shocked first year students! The class is then told; "Do it! Hurry!" even though they find the idea literally distasteful ~ they all do it to satisfy the prof in order to make their mark and hopefully pass. No sooner have they finished poking and sucking than the prof stares at them in disbelief. He shakes his head and says "The second rule of being a good anatomist is having good observation skills ... "
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "... If you'd noticed, you would've see that I poked with my middle finger but sucked my index finger!" "Suckers!" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how his mother allowed him to talk with his mouth full like that. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    I think Miss Speech Therapist is looking into this a bit too much. The child and mother are actors, so they're not going to behave naturally, and I doubt advertising agencies would hire a speech therapist/child psychologist to make things look completely genuine, because few people would notice, and if they did they wouldn't think "well, it's fake, better not buy Rice Krispies then".

ReputationRep:

the story of the anatomy professor who poked his finger up the bum of some specimen and then proceeded to suck the finger in front of a class of shocked first year students! The class is then told; "Do it! Hurry!" even though they find the idea literally distasteful ~ they all do it to satisfy the prof in order to make their mark and hopefully pass. No sooner have they finished poking and sucking than the prof stares at them in disbelief. He shakes his head and says "The second rule of being a good anatomist is having good observation skills ... "
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "... If you'd noticed, you would've see that I poked with my middle finger but sucked my index finger!" "Suckers!" :rofl:

LOOOL thats really funny,

but does that mean you actually tried out my "newfangled evidence"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    I think Miss Speech Therapist is looking into this a bit too much. The child and mother are actors, so they're not going to behave naturally, and I doubt advertising agencies would hire a speech therapist/child psychologist to make things look completely genuine, because few people would notice, and if they did they wouldn't think "well, it's fake, better not buy Rice Krispies then".
    Right Said Fred [lol!] ... does "sixty one" sound like a actor or a number to you? You're not even looking at the advert, you're simply listening to it blindfolded.

What do you expect from an advert marketed at children and adults? The mother rolling a joint in the background? The [absent] father bolting past starkers [willy tackle dangling like a clock pendulam] across the screen; hopping to put a sock on because he was late for work? The mother preparing a meal of larks tongues, basted in honey and orange with basilico and a bowl of Rice Krispies as a side dish?An uncomplimentary mix of Junkies, Whores and Child Molestors and the 3 Bears at the table?... don't be so silly!

You don't seem to be living in the real world ...

ReputationRep:
    Right Said Fred [lol!] ... does "sixty one" sound like a actor or a number to you? You're not even looking at the advert, you're simply listening to it blindfolded.

What do you expect from an advert marketed at children and adults? The mother rolling a joint in the background? The [absent] father bolting past starkers [willy tackle dangling like a clock pendulam] across the screen; hopping to put a sock on because he was late for work? The mother preparing a meal of larks tongues, basted in honey and orange with basilico and a bowl of Rice Krispies as a side dish?An uncomplimentary mix of Junkies, Whores and Child Molestors and the 3 Bears at the table?... don't be so silly!

You don't seem to be living in the real world ...
    Oh yes, because adverts are perfectly real.

On a completely unrelated note, I loved your comeback, it was pure brilliance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Oh yes, because adverts are perfectly real.
    Sometimes you have to accept that adverts do portray at least in part typical interactions~ otherwise we as consumers would not be able to identify with the situation and thus would be unlikely to go & buy the product. Leaving aside the "Kellogs Rice Krispies Elves" angle, I feel this advert is a fair approximation of reality.
    You are probably not a mother~ and nor am I~ but even I can see the truth of this...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.