Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Now i there's one thing I'm good at it's recognizing jealousy. Why do you feel the need to try and put me down with those pathetic little insults. I'm not interested in whether people think I'm 'hard,' that's not the idea of bodybuilding.

The reason I took a while to respond, in case you were wondering was that when I went to 'put a top on' as you asked me to, it got stuck as I tried to wrestle it over my huge frame. Sorry."

look - why would i be jealous of you.. you havent seen me, so u cant say im jealous of your build, maybe you need to get some bigger tops, if its that much a struggle.. for two reasons..

1 - you photo makes you look like you have manboobs

2 - so your top can't get stuck

unless you realise, as you obviousley arent that intelligent, yes, i understood your sarcasm, now get a life 'hardman'

ReputationRep:
    I get money for an A* or an A, nothing a B, and have to shell out to my parents if I get any C's :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, I'm not going to even bother arguing with someone who starts threads like this:

(Original post by theno1)
    argh, just took english today..

'Describe your dream world'

i was talking about some rainforest, but trying to use lots of imagery, so i spoke about tree's and birds etc...

then, i thought i'd make it more interesting, so i wrote about a river near me.

i said that there was a naked man in a hollowed tree rowing past me, smiling as he goes..

i wrote that rushing, thinking it will sound like a free place, where noone will have a care in the world,

will i get marked down? it sounded right in my head, but now in hinesight, its sounds a bit homosexual, what do you guys think?
    Come on?!

ReputationRep:
    I got absolutely naff all from my parents. But then, I wanted to do my best so I would have a decent career, not so that I would get some money, so it didn't really bother me that much.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get anything

I was told that I would get no help financially or support in future if I did badly though

ReputationRep:
    The Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulks

ReputationRep:
    £50/A*
    £30/A
    £20/B+C

Guess I'm lucky:p: nad my parents will be poor. If I get my predictors they owe me over £450

ReputationRep:
    A Laptop! and loadsss more..I'm gonna be spolit (If I do well)

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Feels good, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably get a new phone..and my nan is giving me money for results and on top of that some more money just to have some fun with

ReputationRep:
    Nowt, as usual... = (

But it's not due to a lack of money, since my step-dad decided to treat himself to a new car...

I'll get nothing, nor would I ever expect anything. Why on earth would I need a financial incentive to work? If I wasn't going to work hard without being given a bonus, I wouldn't deserve the grades; this isn't how the world works.

My parents might take me out for a meal, regardless of what I get, but I very much dislike this idea of '£50 for an A*' etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    I'll get nothing, nor would I ever expect anything. Why on earth would I need a financial incentive to work? If I wasn't going to work hard without being given a bonus, I wouldn't deserve the grades; this isn't how the world works.

My parents might take me out for a meal, regardless of what I get, but I very much dislike this idea of '£50 for an A*' etc.
    I agree.
    I've done little revision, and probably haven't hit any A*s except for Biology and Chemistry, and I wanted 8 A*s and a C...
    Even with a money incentive, I wouldn't have worked harder.
    Really, I'm not an exam person at all; I did great on coursework.

I work for myself only.

ReputationRep:
    nothing. i think birbery is silly. the reward should be the actual results.

ReputationRep:
    i did think nothing but after this thread my dad was like £100 for A* don't know if he is being serious though but atm i don't think i have got any so i'm hoping that he will just look at my results and give me a little treat although i supose the grades are quite a good reward.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting anything and I'm ok with that, but this is what I overheard a girl in my year bragging the other day,

Girl: Daddy's going to get me a super cool car if I get all As!!
    Friend: Safe!! Did you hear about her getting off with her bf...etc. gabber....

A few moments later I was visibly overwhelmed by how insufferable it is to have been to school packed to the brim full of fashionably smelling, pimms belching SLOANES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)

Same here..I didn't think that I was getting any reward anyway..But not gonna turn it down!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theno1)
    A/A* = £30

B = £20

C = £-15

- plus paid for my leeds fest....

minus 15 pound for a C?!WTF thats pathetic

ReputationRep:
    1 A* is a hand job
    2 is a blow and above
    3 is tit **** and above
    4 is likin cream off all the body and above
    5 is eatin pussy and above
    6 is eating ass and above
    7 is 69 postion
    8 is anal
    9 is a threesome
    10 is an orgy no guys

this is wat my girlfriend promised me last year i got 6 in the end so missed out on the greats... gonna **** her anal if i can get at least 1 A at As

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting money towards university if i do well. I don't think that's too spoiling as there's no hope in hell of me gaining £11,000 by the end of 6th form and quite honestly, if I can't afford to get into the uni, what was the point of all this hard work?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.