Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljames28)
    The touch diamond has no keyboard. The Touch Pro does however
    real keypad?

why the hell would you want that - it would ruin the phone

ReputationRep:
    well can one not just purchase the iphone from an apple store in the UK - as you would get it for the cheap price, bring it here, unlock it and there you go *

* obviously if you know someone in the US or are going on holiday there

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait until they appear on eBay for £100 (wishful thinking?), unlock it and stick my Orange sim in.

Shame I just got a G600!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasp)
    I wonder how much the handset will cost for PAYG - if it's still £99 as per the two cheapest contracts, I might well be upgrading my old Ericsson.

Also, computer updates may come tomorrow - Apple traditionally seems to do hardware updates on Tuesdays.
    Yeah but they wouldn't do that because the cost of the devices is low for those who are on contract and some of that money with pay for it. If you are on PAYG then there is no money to pay for that funding gap so it will be more expensive, I guess that the 16gb one will be around £299

ReputationRep:
    Shame that camera wasn't improved and no 32Gb version But other than that, great, because O2 are selling it PAYG which is excellent news!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I still probably won't be able to afford it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    Shame that camera wasn't improved
    There's no point in improving the camera. Cameras in mobile phones will always be useless and noisy. If you want a camera buy one. If you want something to just take the odd snap off your mates to stick on facebook, how good do you want the camera to be?

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of PAYG for an iPhone? You'd get absolutely raped on internet charges...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaper23)
    Positive rep when I can give it again today. I needed something to keep me awake and completely forgot about the game!
    Rep you say, eh? Sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    What's the point of PAYG for an iPhone? You'd get absolutely raped on internet charges...
    sorry what is payg? is it pay as you go basically? if so, whats the rumored (or official) price for the iphone in this package?

ReputationRep:
    Rumoured that it is going to be around £260-270 and that they will bring out a new price plan that includes data usage

ReputationRep:
    Data is dirt cheap these days if you get a portable internet plan, so I assume they'll implement that sort of pricing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, something like that I guess, but I hope that they roll it out across all O2 PAYG customers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inter-Company)
    well can one not just purchase the iphone from an apple store in the UK - as you would get it for the cheap price, bring it here, unlock it and there you go *

* obviously if you know someone in the US or are going on holiday there
    No, you cant buy it without a contact anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn1989)
    I'll wait until they appear on eBay for £100 (wishful thinking?), unlock it and stick my Orange sim in.

Shame I just got a G600!
    They wont this time, because you cant buy it without a contract, theyll be more like £600, thats if people sell them on there at all.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. You could get the unlimited data bolt on from O2 for £7.50 a month (or maybe £7, something like that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob801)
    There's no point in improving the camera. Cameras in mobile phones will always be useless and noisy. If you want a camera buy one. If you want something to just take the odd snap off your mates to stick on facebook, how good do you want the camera to be?
    I disagree. Apple have made a Phone into an iPod, and now GPS too. If they could make a better camera surely they could take some of the market for people wanting cameras. I'm sure that is Apple's next aim. They've taken the iPod and Phone market, now the GPS has been added, Camera is the next thought that could be improved imo.

1) Some people don't use the internet on phones.
    2) You can buy data plans.
    3) Unlock it so you can get a contract which suits your needs.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Not really. You could get the unlimited data bolt on from O2 for £7.50 a month (or maybe £7, something like that).
    For £7.50 you get 200mb, not unlimited though. T-mobile do 1gb for the same price.

ReputationRep:
    You can get unlimited for £7.50 with one network. I remember reading on it a couple of months ago. I think it was Tmobile but not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I looked at data plans

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 12, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.