Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica7790)
    no it can be on ethical issues too. are you going to learn about animals and research?
    So ethical issues is included if they ask a Question on SSR??
    I will look over non animal but i will focus on Cultural and SSR

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blair001)
    is anyone learning clinical characteristics? thats only a 5 mark question right?
    ive seen a past paper where clincial characteristics question was 10 marks and 20 for the other so be careful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrylux)
    So ethical issues is included if they ask a Question on SSR??
    I will look over non animal but i will focus on Cultural and SSR

How about you?
    well ethical issues are included to an extent on SSR. things like privacy, confidentiality. buti suppose its diferent to the deception, right to withdraw and informed consent area. however looking at these sheets that my teacher gave which has essay plans on the Q 'with reference to 2 or more psych investigation, discuss ethical issues in research with human participants' there is stuff written about SSR research like the potential social consequences for participants.

ReputationRep:
    but im sure they would ask a question on SSR and then ethics with psych research.

i dont think im going to learn non animals because ireally dont have the time but its a big section cos theres the arguement for ethical and scientific factors and also the constraints section. but once agen i dont think they would do a Q on both.

edit: ive just looked at past Qs and theyve never asked about considering constraints on non human animals in psych investigation. so i doubt that will come up.

ReputationRep:
    We've learnt culture bias, ethical issues and gender bias, but in June 05 none of these came up

However it did ask about socially sensitive research - is that the ethical issues?

Edit: Sorry haven't read any of this thread. Just saw the above few posts - so socially sensitive includes ethical issues? Can we talk about just that for the whole essay?

ReputationRep:
    im not learning non humans either! 2/3 will definitly come out on issues
    ssr has ethical issues in it, confidentiallity etc i think someones mentioned that above ^^^^^^
    good luck everyone1

ReputationRep:
    hey just checking this thread is AQA Unit 5 rite? PYA5 (i know may be a sillly Q )

how is everyones revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life is beautiful)
    hey just checking this thread is AQA Unit 5 rite? PYA5 (i know may be a sillly Q )

how is everyones revision going?
    yer its unit 5. i have a headache from revision. ive got 3days to learn psych and bizness unit 6.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have questions 2, 4, and 5 from Jan 08 please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Does anyone have questions 2, 4, and 5 from Jan 08 please?
    See post #2 on page 1

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have questions 3s from past papers please, theyve not been talked about but theyre the ones weve learnt, about the biological, psychodynamic treatments etc. and it is Q3 i hope :P

And for Socially Sensative Research for all those who havent done it, we were told to use 3 different topics in this essay: Race & IQ, Homosexual Relationshiops & Bad Mothers.

ReputationRep:
    Are you absolutely sure that the compare and contrast questions have been taken out the syllabus???

ReputationRep:
    omg compare and contrast qsz are of the specification can you please confirm this are you sure its not being taken of the specification in 2009 i really want to believe you but you can never be too sure by trusting someone in a forum if ou know what i mean :/

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    my teacher told me that yesterday aswell... glad i had already prepared the essays.

ReputationRep:
    btw is any doing nature/nurture need some help with that... if you can get back to me
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone revising questions that came up on Jan 08 paper?

ReputationRep:
    well last year for q5 in june and jan non human animals came up but thats the first time they have done that!for q3 they have never repeated!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has already been discussed, but is anyone bothering with gender bias coz i heard it's been quite popular and is unlikely to come up this year....i could really do with not having to revise it!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've not started revising

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.