Students stabbed and set alight Watch

Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scottishlad)
And to think of it as a spiritual exercise...
???
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Disgusting, inhumane ****s.
naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kaytee.)
is new cross the area where goldsmiths college is, if it is i dont think i'll be applying there, quite a few people have said it has a bad rep.
Yep it is.
scottishlad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aye it is, its where the old church used tae be wae the wee shoap next door.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gimperial)
Yes indeed. However written speech should not be subject to emotion either.
When you're writing a factual talk, maybe. Otherwise, this an absurd statement. Emotion has an enormous bearing on our lives, why shouldn't it affect written speech? I'm quite sure that emotion plays such an important role in our lives, that it'd be quite the challenge to write anything without your emotions having [i]some[i] effect. Also, what do you mean by 'written speech'? Do you mean, in particular, written word that is intended to be spoken, or are you using it analogously to the phrase 'written word'?

In addition to this, what about novels, poems, haiku... How can you even consider writing for entertainment without emotion playing some role.
Adam83
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
most of london has a bad rep
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CHAMON)
In that case I hope your fate is the same.
His response was to someone who said something along the lines of "This is why I would never live in London".
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adam83)
Yuo, unless you can live in the likes of Highgate or Hampstead or Kensington.
It's amazing that people pay extortionate prices to live in such small places and not pleasant surroundings. So overrated IMO.
DoMakeSayThink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Yuo, unless you can live in the likes of Highgate or Hampstead or Kensington.
It's amazing that people pay extortionate prices to live in such small places and not pleasant surroundings. So overrated IMO.
It's the lifestyle. I've no qualms with you if you don't like it, but some (I suppose a lot, given the population) people love how there's always something going on, and access to the best gigs/shows/whatever else.
Angel_Cake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adam83)
Most of the UK has a bad rep. In fact, most places in the world are criticised for something or other. Wh would describe any of the bigger cities in the UK as "safe" or "nice places to live". Those few places that ARE described like that are also described as "boring".
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilflipsy)
Because Suddam is old, lazy and fat after all those years of luxury lifestyle.
I don't think it's particularly fair to describe a corpse as "lazy". It's hardly got the choice of being energetic.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
It's the lifestyle. I've no qualms with you if you don't like it, but some (I suppose a lot, given the population) people love how there's always something going on, and access to the best gigs/shows/whatever else.
Yup I see that. I just think people underestimate how much there is on offer in a Manchester, or an Edinburgh or Brighton, or wherever else. It's too much seen as the be all and end all. Loads of other places have good clubs, gigs, theatres, sporting facilities etc etc etc.
t.w.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bassoonery)
Absolutely horrific, and once again makes me ashamed to be Bristish.
Why on earth would this make you ashamed of your nationality?
stadev
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pitseleh*)
What? Does it somehow matter more because they were researchers for Imperial?
Because this is TSR :rolleyes:
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by stadev)
Because this is TSR :rolleyes:
That answer doesn't actually fit the question I asked, but I guess I see where you're going with it.
Angel_Cake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Yup I see that. I just think people underestimate how much there is on offer in a Manchester, or an Edinburgh or Brighton, or wherever else. It's too much seen as the be all and end all. Loads of other places have good clubs, gigs, theatres, sporting facilities etc etc etc.
Because there's no crime in Manchester or Edinburgh or Brighton? The former in particular has several areas which are very dangerous.
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
****ing hell that is some barbaric ****, 243 times to the head neck and chest.. I think justice in this case would be torture, then letting them burn alive..
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angel_Cake)
Because there's no crime in Manchester or Edinburgh or Brighton? The former in particular has several areas which are very dangerous.
Yes I know Manchester is rough. But you can live in a decent suburb way cheaper than London. Crime wasn't the only factor -I was responding to the poster about stuff to do, general lifestyle, prices etc.
Bassoonery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by t.w.)
Why on earth would this make you ashamed of your nationality?
Well not on its own, but this news adds to my growing feeling of embarrassment at the British attitude towards foreigners in general. My hope is that the deaths were not race-related and that the media's focus on the victims' French nationality is unnecessarily provocative, but on the face of it I feel the media are encouraging us to believe that their French nationality is relevant. I truly hope it is not.

I have never felt any need to be blindly proud of my nationality, not having been born in England and having moved so many times I don't have many strong roots anywhere.
jonskibeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Twice in the last week, I've read in the ZaNu Labour mouthpiece "The Guardian" that crime is falling. This is in the same week that the 17th under-16 year old was murdered in London this year, and now these two poor students.
Round this way, a drunk man ploughed at high speed into an innocent pedestrian and drove off, leaving him dead, and a yardie drug dealer with no right or reason to stay SIX YEARS beyond his visa was caught with a massive amount of drugs and cash.

Both are out on bail and free to roam the streets.

I really never thought I'd say this, but I think it's time to get a bit vigilante. I can honestly see vigilante groups springing up. There are already private police forces here now. What have we come to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise