Girls: Scared of giving birth? Watch

chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just reading about giving birth is starting to make me feel ill, i think im just gonna have to adopt or something.
shivangee
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i am terrified i think i will die or something really scary sound stupid but i am really scared
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my biggest worry is what my child will do when he/she is an adult, I would be well embarrased if they became like Hitler or Stalin
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
my biggest worry is what my child will do when he/she is an adult, I would be well embarrased if they became like Hitler or Stalin
I know. People say you love your child unconditionally but what if you didn't like them as a person? What if they became a criminal or just a little ****?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
just embarrassed? lol
I'd be devastated!
JoiedeVivre5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
apparently giving birth is like trying to get an orange out of your nostril...

that says it all for me!
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't say I would be scared of it... but why have your stomach cut open if you don't have to?? It would be easier to get your figure back afterwards if you give birth naturally?! All you can do is hope and pray you don't end up having a huuge baby like 12lbs + or something......
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My girlfriend and I are always arguing over who'll have our baby. I think that she should, obviously, because I'd be vile with that level of hormones rushing through my body plus, y'know, ouch!

I know if the time comes where I'm going to have a baby I'll spend the entire time worrying about the birth. Stupid media has made it terrifying I'd love the baby just not the ouchy part.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freud)
odd as it sounds, the whole idea of carrying a kid really appeals to me.
Same I'll have no problems giving up my size 8 figure for it!
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The idea terrifies me! Both giving birth naturally and having a c section. Fortunately I don't really like kids so I'm not planning on having any! I probably will eventually though
brightxburns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not even a realistic prospect for me at the moment - I mean, I'm 17! And I don't particularly like children.
So I'm not that scared at the thought of it. It just seems totally alien and irrelevant to me.
brightxburns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by h82think)
Same I'll have no problems giving up my size 8 figure for it!
Seriously? The thought of lumbering around for 9 months with a creature growing inside me really freaks me out. Like, my body would just be a 'host' for this person.
Desperate Prayer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loz_fairy)
hmm, a human being coming out a place which it was designed to come out of!
Thats crazy talk man! :p:

To be honest, I do empathise somewhat, and quite a few of the girls I know are rather frightened of the idea of actually *having* a baby (although not the conception or the end result, oddly enough )

Its pretty bad if you think about it - although humans have increased in size and health, the relative size of our *parts* havent kept up with it. We also have better nutrition now, which results in larger babies - some the size of a small sack of flour - ouch! :p:

Just wait a few thousand years and nature will catch up! :eek:
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know someone who was in labour for 23 hours :eek:
The thought of being in labour for that long terrifies me - it would be like being constipated only way way worse!
I can deal with a quick sharp pain, but being in labour must be so tiring.
Ariyah
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by randomgirl)
Yeah I'm scared about it too. All that pain :eek3: but I guess a lot of people go on to have more than one child so it can't be too off-putting!
ahaha lol!
Thats because like our monthly's, we women get over the pain quicker and we forget, but when it comes back to experiencing it again, we begin to remember
RoEmKa
Report 10 years ago
I never wanted to go through it when I was younger either - I was adament in fact that I'd never have children unless I could adopt.

But once I decided I was ready to have one, I suddenly had a whole new take on it. And I've got three children now so it can't be all that bad.

I did have c-sections though and I would say to anyone thinking it is an easy option to visit someone in the first few weeks after one and then make their mind up!!

The birth may be less painful but you make up for it afterwards. And to the poster who thinks you get longer in bed - erm, no, they have you up and hobbling around within 12 hours of the birth!

But truly, you get amnesia afterwards! It's natures way of ensuring the human population keeps going! :cool:
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have to admit I used to be so so freaked out by the whole 'giving birth' thing - but I've got so many friends who have kids and they said that once you have the baby on your chest you totally forget about it.

Now as im getting older lol im not too bothered about it because I really want kids - never in a million years would I opt for a C - Section talk about ten times worse!
Tinkerbee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoiedeVivre5)
apparently giving birth is like trying to get an orange out of your nostril...

that says it all for me!

In what way? My vagina stretches waaay more than my nostril? :p:
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by brightxburns)
Seriously? The thought of lumbering around for 9 months with a creature growing inside me really freaks me out. Like, my body would just be a 'host' for this person.
You see it as a "creature", whereas I see it as a "part of me and the man I love".
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i definately want kids, coz i love babies soo much........but i am scared of the process....im even scared of the c- section, my mum had it when my baby brother was born, she was away for a few weeks, everytime i saw, she was in pain, and said she had alot of pain in her back..... im a tad like her, and im scared lol... but it all will be worth it when you have the most beautiful baby in the arms...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (489)
37.7%
No - but I will (100)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (620)
47.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise