Gran gives birth to twins...at 70!!!! Watch

Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shriya)
For all those people,****ging of the woman,atleast she didnt have a child at 14....plus none of you know about the socio-economic policy of India do you? so what's the point arguing about it...IMO you should just sod off or educate yourself better...

But yes,tbh it is sad plus the child will be in debt for the rest of his life
Were you grown on the stupid farm?
shriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Antonia87)
Most 14 year olds have parents, grandparents and friends for support if they have a baby that young. Adding to that, a 14 year old body is more agile and healthy than a 70 year old body. I would much rather have a baby at my current age (20) than an 70 years old.

well allright then,but even that child will have siblings,cousins and other family members to take care of it.
as for the 14 year old agile body thing oh please it is as unsafe to have a baby at 14 than at 70,i dont think a girls body is developed enough at 14 to give birth.I am not defending the 70 year old..but nor am i ****ging her off,it is her choice..
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
Were you grown on the stupid farm?
what?

care to expand?
Viridis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as for the 14 year old agile body thing oh please it is as unsafe to have a baby at 14 than at 70
Do you have any proof to back that up?
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LawYah)
that woman had sex, believe it.

coughIVFcough
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fatal)
coughIVFcough
I'm pretty sure when she was young she had sex too so really my point still stands..cough cough
Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what?

care to expand?
W e r e_ y o u_ g r o w n_ o n_ t h e_ s t u p i d _f a r m ?
welshprincess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't agree with people having children when they're old.
I don't think its fair on the children. The parents aren't going to be around for long and even if the parents live to be a 100 they're not going to be able to give the child the best upbringing because as they get older they won't be as able to do things that young parents can do. I just think its unfair that the child will build up a bond with the parents, only to have that taken away when the parents die. Maybe i'm wrong but its just my personal opinion =]
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
W e r e_ y o u_ g r o w n_ o n_ t h e_ s t u p i d _f a r m ?
no,were you?
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Viridis)
Do you have any proof to back that up?
no, but do you have any proof to back up the fact that a 70 year old, is not healthy enough to be a mother?
Viridis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, but do you have any proof to back up the fact that a 70 year old, is not healthy enough to be a mother?
Well considering the fact that women go through menopause around 50 for a reason should suggest something...
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well considering the fact that women go through menopause around 50 for a reason should suggest something...
well considering the legal age of having sex is 16,that should suggest something as well.
Viridis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well considering the legal age of having sex is 16,that should suggest something as well.
Not really. Menopause affects the womans body, talking about the law has little to do with that in the medical sense.
They're considered minors because a) theyre easily influenced b) little knowledge of STDs
c) paedophilia d) unlikely to be able to support themselves etc and so on.

Obviously a 70 year old would be more mature in the head, but in terms of actually being to able to have a baby, which we are discussing, compare the number of teenage pregnancies to old age pregnancies. See a difference?
StarsAreFixed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The menopause happens for a reason, it's unnatural to have children that late, and the body is ill prepared to cope. And of course, the twins being what, 20, less than 20 when their mother dies? The mother unable to care care of active toddlers/children? It's wrong on so many levels.
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really. Menopause affects the womans body, talking about the law has little to do with that in the medical sense.
They're considered minors because a) theyre easily influenced b) little knowledge of STDs
c) paedophilia d) unlikely to be able to support themselves etc and so on.

Obviously a 70 year old would be more mature in the head, but in terms of actually being to able to have a baby, which we are discussing, compare the number of teenage pregnancies to old age pregnancies. See a difference?
yeah, sure menopause affects a womans body,but tbh menopause happens because the woman is no longer able to produce eggs,that is why she had IVF ,but the uterus is undamaged,she is perfectly capable of carrying a child which the woman did.As i said yes it is wrong to have babies that old,I am not defending her,Even i was annoyed by her husband's sexist attitude,but you can for no reason say that a 14 year old having a baby is great,because i have seen 14 year olds have children,and how they treat their babies...
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by StarsAreFixed)
The menopause happens for a reason, it's unnatural to have children that late, and the body is ill prepared to cope. And of course, the twins being what, 20, less than 20 when their mother dies? The mother unable to care care of active toddlers/children? It's wrong on so many levels.
I know it is.
Viridis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, sure menopause affects a womans body,but tbh menopause happens because the woman is no longer able to produce eggs,that is why she had IVF ,but the uterus is undamaged,she is perfectly capable of carrying a child which the woman did.As i said yes it is wrong to have babies that old,I am not defending her,Even i was annoyed by her husband's sexist attitude,but you can for no reason say that a 14 year old having a baby is great,because i have seen 14 year olds have children,and how they treat their babies...
What do you think the root cause of that is?

I didn't say that. What i'm trying to say is there are far more advantages of having a baby at 14 than at 70 something.
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you think the root cause of that is?

I didn't say that. What i'm trying to say is there are far more advantages of having a baby at 14 than at 70 something.
look i am not too sure about why woman stop producing eggs at this age,but i do know, as you get older,the chances of your baby having downs syndrome increases and all that stuff.

There are no advantages of having a baby at 14 for ****s sake the person would be in year 9.It is going to affect her education or her childs upbringing.Not everyone has brilliant parents you know,if the girls parents were so responsible,they would have educated their daughter properly enough to not get pregnant.

Meh,i cant be bothered to argue anymore,you keep your opinions to yourself and i will keep mine to myself.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ewww

menopause happens for a reason!
Viridis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
look i am not too sure about why woman stop producing eggs at this age,but i do know, as you get older,the chances of your baby having downs syndrome increases and all that stuff.

There are no advantages of having a baby at 14 for ****s sake the person would be in year 9. It is going to affect her education or her childs upbringing.Not everyone has brilliant parents you know,if the girls parents were so responsible,they would have educated their daughter properly enough to not get pregnant.

Meh,i cant be bothered to argue anymore,you keep your opinions to yourself and i will keep mine to myself.
...because their body is simply preparing for something that they can't do as half as well anymore.

but hey y'know you'll live to see them grow up, you can keep up better without that artificial hip getting in the way, your baby will take nap times when it suits them not when you need a nap time, living to see your grandchildren but no no as you said there aren't any advantages :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads