I'm sorry, but things have gone a little bit too far now: Watch

WOLLSMOTH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CJ99)
What! Who was being racist?

That attitude? If muslims are going to complain because a picture on a card offends them they should leave the country. Theres no room for a "How dare you hand out a piece of cardboard with a picture that i find ever so slightly insulting that i will complain about causing two councilors and a chief constable to comment on" attitude!
Muslims are people just like you and me, please stop being so conceited...
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I suspect cat lovers for this hehe (no offence to cat lovers)
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
What the **** were you doing on the Daily Mail site?
whoa your av is tripping me out.

if i were a muslim i won't accept their apology. theres nothing to apologise for. dogsdogd barkbark my muslim friend has three dogs.

he lost his hamster lulu to cheek cancer a month ago.

(Original post by joker_900)
Also people going "it's the daily mail though..." - so what? It's not like they can just make stuff up, the FACTS are there if you could just get past your arrogance and look for them
actually they can. take some facts, twist it around till it becomes something fallacious and mere propaganda. which in this case it seems to be working judging from your post.
CHAMON
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Originally Posted by CJ99
What! Who was being racist?

That attitude? If muslims are going to complain because a picture on a card offends them they should leave the country. Theres no room for a "How dare you hand out a piece of cardboard with a picture that i find ever so slightly insulting that i will complain about causing two councilors and a chief constable to comment on" attitude!
Yet the can sell dog food with pictures on in their shops...? hmmmm
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CHAMON)
Yet the can sell dog food with pictures on in their shops...? hmmmm
Well, clearly your religion can be brushed to one side where making money is concerned.

EDIT: These people are not real Muslims. They are inflammatory idiots, who decide to call themselves Muslim and then use it as an excuse to make a fuss.
anyarian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by k9ruby)
But then, it IS the daily mail.....
Truer words have seldom been spoken.

I hate that toilet paper.

But it is fun to read a couple of articles at the end of a long day, just to laugh at how bigoted people can be...until you realise that some people agree with it and won't be looking at the funny side...
That's when i start to worry about the human race, and close the website.
CHAMON
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Well, clearly your religion can be brushed to one side where making money is concerned.

EDIT: These people are not real Muslims. They are inflammatory idiots, who decide to call themselves Muslim and then use it as an excuse to make a fuss.
True. They must be silenced!
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is becoming ridiculous! Some Muslims seem highly intolerant- and perhaps therefore should not live in a Christian society!
zippz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by h82think)
This is becoming ridiculous! Some Muslims seem highly intolerant- and perhaps therefore should not live in a Christian society!

Muslims are nly intollerant when people blame them for everything.
Its like one muslim is bad so ALL must be? wrong!

plus how do they live in a christian society. They dont
Plenty muslims live together. others dont. who cares.
cantthinkofaname
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by k9ruby)
Britain is supposed to be a nation of animal lovers....why are we apologysing for our culture?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...emans-hat.html

But then, it IS the daily mail.....
i agree this is England! and we show English culture, immigrants come into this country and they should respect our culture, if not go home back to the culture they want cos we should not have do adapt. although i do think we can accomodate people to an extent, respecting and integrating new cultures without creating silly events such as this.
however i dont see how the dog is very relevant to the message.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)

I did say "some Muslims" and Great Britian is a Christian country!
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
a) It is a minority of Muslims, just like a minority of Christians are anti-gay rights
b) We don't live in a Christian society
cantthinkofaname
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)

i think ure just generalising as palastine, Jordan etc. show they can live together. i think its partly due to culture rather than religion.
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they don't like it and they are upset at people not considering the the muslim point of view, they should move to a muslim dominant country. Its that simple.
zippz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by h82think)
I did say "some Muslims" and Great Britian is a Christian country!
Exactly you should have said chrisitna country not society.

So what if it is?

Would you like it if you wanted to live soemwhere else and people disciminted you? No. You might even have your views if you lived somewhere else and if you were laughed at would you like it ? No. But the fact reamins just because one muslim doesn't like a view of something like I said doesnt mean all do and doesn't mean you can go round syaing things like'get em out of our country, why dont they just piss off'.

The world is a free place. This country is a free country. This mans views have probably just been twtised so the daily mail can get the story they need. Desperate. ever heard of it?.

Plus it's like muslims from pakistan were called over here. They didn;'t just some where they weren't welcome. Muslims were asked over to do labouring work and the mulsim population developed. Whats wrong with that.

Okay I guess you're saying those muslims that have wrong views should leave but I hope you don't mean all and you don't mean that all muslims shouldn't be in a so called christain country

so are you saying Jews, Hindus,Sikhs and other religions shouldn't be in a CHRISTIAN country too?

Damn how sad is that.
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they don't like it and they are upset at people not considering the the muslim point of view, they should move to a muslim dominant country. Its that simple.
But this isn't a 'Muslim POV', its a MINORITY view, not one shared by many.
zippz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)

I think you have FORGOTTENromeo!

Its not 'they'!

Jesus why is it just because one muslims has a view that is ridiculous people think all do?

It is one mans views not all!

Many Jews have views about different things.

Let me ask you would you say the same to Jews.
Go to a Jew Dominant country?I do hope so!
Captain Obvious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sometimes the Daily Mail talks rubbish.
No, scratch that
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
It's amazing people don't see the spin in articles like that from the clearly biased adjectives used in the title alone. Are the general public really so easy to rile?
yup
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
I think you have FORGOTTENromeo!

Its not 'they'!

Jesus why is it just because one muslim has a view that is ridiculous people think all do?

It is one mans views not all!

Many Jews have views about different things.

Let me ask you would you say the same to Jews.
Go to a Jew Dominant country?I do hope so!
I meant they in the broad term for, in this case muslims, people who complain about things going against their religion in a country where they are in religious terms guests. The uk is supposed to be a christian dominated country and run on christian principles, if they have a problem with that then no-one is making them stay.

I would say it to jews, and would probably get a laugh, most of my family are jewish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise