The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glutamic Acid
The origins of the reanimation are unknown, but the government has captured several hordes of zombies are performing tests in an attempt to gain knowledge about the zombies. What's known is that the zombies apparently exhibit nothing other than a relentless desire to kill and taste human flesh. There is no noticeable intelligence, whether individual or collective, that seems to be driving the zombies.

Have the military set any kind of check-points/safe zones up? or has this all been too fast to initiate any kind of coordinated response?
I'd love it actually...

Celotape some knives onto my fists and carry a sword around then just run down the middle road stabbing everyone, zombie or not.
generalebriety
You're gonna have to give us some more information. How would a zombie infect you exactly? And how do we kill one? If 60% of the UK is zombies already and I assume infection is near instantaneous, what's the point? Are there zombies on the continent? And, rather defeatist, but I'd like to know it anyway: why would I care if I became a zombie? What's to stop me just throwing in the towel and saying "**** it, it's easier just to get bitten"?

Infection is caused through biting, or the saliva of a zombie passing into your bloodstream from some other way. Killing a zombie requires destruction of the brain, where their "instructions to kill and eat" seem to reside. When saliva is transmitted to the bloodstream, the "virus" appears to travel through your body and when it reaches the brain zombification occurs. Therefore it's possible to stop this by amputating the infected body part if you're quick enough. There does not seem to be zombies on the continent, but as airports and seaports are heavily populated they are largely overrun with zombies, therefore making international travel almost impossible. As it appears that there is no retention of conscience after zombification, becoming a zombie seems akin to suicide.
Reply 83
firstly, i'd pack some clothes and essentials, like first aid kit,passport,bill bryson bed time reading books, and sleeping blankets, then i would get my dogs in the car, and cat also in, then drive to the nearest RV camper dealership, nick it ( as long as i wont get caught and the country is in anarchy if not looks like the driver seat is my bed for the next few months) then i would drive to the middle of no where, in the cotswolds, or maybe scotland, depends wot mood i am on the day, and if zombies are making road blocks, then i would go into a field set up camp, kitchen cutlery would be my defence, i'll bring some sort of ray mears survival book along and army book, and set up a natural security cordon around me, with loads of booby traps, set up the tele, and radio, to keep up to date on the latest zombie news, go hunting for some food, to stock up on the food i earlier bought or raided depending on the level of anarchy ,check the food i bought to make sure it isnt zombifyed, then freeze it, if it hasnt blown over by a yr, i might just decide to emigrate to australia, and live with my uncle.
Reply 84
Ed.
The Winchester

As above. Don't touch the jukebox though!
John Locke
Have the military set any kind of check-points/safe zones up? or has this all been too fast to initiate any kind of coordinated response?

The military are stretched and there are no check-points currently.
Ill grab all my airsoft stuff and await the zombies. I leave in the countryside so it may be a while before the zombies come, but if they do Ill make for the hills.
Reply 87
right, then its scotland for me, i'd get friendly with some laird guy, and live in his fortifyed castle
Ed.
The Winchester

Have some rep!
Reply 89
MuseValheru
Have some rep!

Thank you kind sir.
This is a very awesome topic.

I think if these zombies are not particularly intelligent, the type with basic motor functions (very slow as stated) looking for some source of food then I'd feel a lot safer. They are not a huge threat to anything moving at a jogging pace.
I'm guessing they can't access areas normal humans would struggle to get to like some roofs. A few friends have military training so assuming they are alive I would meet with them, get the cars together and drive north to Bickleigh Barracks on the moors. Hopefully there would be some kind of rescue base there. If not then a trip to the dockyard in Plymouth where there are some fortifications or the old fort on the waterfront.

Or, just to be stereotypical, get a crate of beer, a few shotguns and go crazy :biggrin:
whip out the 12 gauge, put ma boots on, into the dune buggy.....and away!

duhhhh

what about Ireland/Mainland Europe.....they got the zombie fever too?
Ed.
Thank you kind sir.

I didnt realise we could only give rep once a day. I will sort it tomorrow, I have to say you made me laugh!
Hide.

In the attic is the best place in my house. The bottom floors bound to be overun what with its large windows. So I'll destroy the stairs, bring everything wroth keeping too second floor. Fill bathtub with water (I doubt everything will work for much longer , you people planning on catching bus's and planes will be in for a shock). Grab a spade (only weapon like thing I've got). Just try and sit it out with a little radio and a wind up torch.
dreadnaut
whip out the 12 gauge, put ma boots on, into the dune buggy.....and away!

duhhhh

what about Ireland/Mainland Europe.....they got the zombie fever too?

Ireland: yes.
Mainland Europe: no.
Glutamic Acid
Ireland: yes.
Mainland Europe: no.

to sunny spain it is then. :cool:
Glutamic Acid
The military are stretched and there are no check-points currently.

Sounds like we're pretty screwed, what are other countries planing to do to help? (fingers crossed no American nuclear strike :wink:).
Reply 98
Live in the middle of bloody nowhere, so there are no people to become zombies!! The nearest village has about 20 or so people in it, so even if they did head my way I could pick them off with....I don't know, hurling plates from a second story window? OR set loose the herd of cows next door and whip them up into a frenzy so they charge and knock down the zombies :biggrin:

So i'd probably lock myself in the house and bed down til it passes over.

if any got in the house, I'd set the dogs on them mwahahahahaha.

weirdly enough I had a dream about this. They were gettting in through the windows and doors and my gun wasn't working (don't know where I got that from) and it was really horrible....

not going to think about this anymore, I have a really over-active imagination
Reply 99
:eek: just thought of a great weapon: a karcher thingy. whatever they are called. those high-powered things that spray water. we've got one in the outhouse. spray that at a zombies face full blast and it'd strip the flesh right off them!! Then they'd just be skeletons.

eww, I sort of freaked myself out with that idea

Latest

Trending

Trending