Vote of No Confidence in the Government Watch

This discussion is closed.
UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Oh my god, you're still banging on about party politics. This is precisely why your committee will not work. Even when I raise the important issue of the constitution being trampled on you assume that I'm doing it for political reasons and cannot get that thought out of your head. It's so pathetic and annoying. For like the billionth time this has absolutely nothing to do with party politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear?

The point is not the letter of the constitution but its spirit. Everyone sat calmly by as the entire basis of the HoC was ripped apart. That is disgraceful. But perhaps more disgraceful is that when someone complains the response is not "yes, you're right we should try to stick to the constitution even if it means a delay of 4 days" it was to assume and keep assuming despite proof to the contrary that all it is is political point scoring.

If you want to uphold the constitution in any manner you should be entirely supporting me on this call for something to be done to keep the House in line with it. But instead you want to play party politics, pretend this is some scheme to get the Tories more votes either now or in some future election. No wonder we're in a mess.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads