UCL (bartlett) hard to get in? Watch

addison1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you all guys's works look great and creative,made me want to post my work too....lol
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by addison1)
you all guys's works look great and creative,made me want to post my work too....lol
go for it!

i love looking at people's work. makes me feel a bit inadequate sometimes haha but what the heck, i just love seeing creativity.
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by inferences)
i've got an A6, not a moleskin, but equally nice. i have no problems with it at all. i usually do my sculpture sketches in there, and the odd doodle (i have these ridiculous Mr. Headacheman caricatures i do. i get a lot of headaches. helps to pass time and it's a nice distraction) but its a very nice size for ideas and notes. looking at your blog, 9mm, i would say you'll have no problem, but sometimes i do find it can get a little bit cramped on the page...

i usually fit about one drawing, maybe two on a page. it depends really. up to you.
I beg for you to share those with us, please. :p: and I know what you mean about headaches, I used to get headaches every day until I was about 16/17 years old, but got kind of used to them, was just another thing like breakfast, shower, headache, sleeping... :ninja:

My brother had an A6 moleskine and was in belize for 5 weeks, most of that time trekking and he said he felt restricted at times when using it. But yeah I can't bring an A5, so it'll have to be A6 regardless. It would mainly just be sketching things I see and jotting down ideas and notes or putting things into it, things I do with my A5.
SSze
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
epic/jf/9mm! those are amazing! thanks for sharing!!
addison1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Life drawings stuff....

inferences
Report 10 years ago

mr. headache. probably ten minutes at most hence the unfinished hand.

and just a double page spread from my A6 book. mostly doodles, ideas. stuff.
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

and just a double page spread from my A6 book. mostly doodles, ideas. stuff.
I like your little note to yourself on the top right corner :yep:
but, nice
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yanyanyan)
I like your little note to yourself on the top right corner :yep:
but, nice
haha thanks. i do that quite a lot. seriously, there is a real danger of me failing this year....
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
addisson- You've got a really interesting way of drawing, nice :p: life drawing is great.

haha those are awesome inferences. nice sculpture idea, I'd love to work with metal.
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
addisson- You've got an interesting way of drawing, nice :p: life drawing is great.

haha those are awesome inferences. nice sculpture idea, I'd love to work with metal.
yeah, just get a slightly rusted plate from an odd shop (its cheaper that way) or something, and then keep a damp cloth on top for a few days. its a really nice effect from the rust. our artist-in-residence at school taught me to work into rust with oil paints, its really lovely. and i'm just doing papier mache for my actual sculptural bit. the armature is just chicken wire hahaha.

try it!

woah i feel like Neil Buchannan off Art Attack... did anyone used to watch that???
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try it!

woah i feel like Neil Buchannan off Art Attack... did anyone used to watch that???
I did .. I loved it,... XD every time after school.
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yanyanyan)
I did .. I loved it,... XD every time after school.
he was actually my hero for years and years. until my mum sold off all his videos. i've never forgiven her for it ( there must be at least two boxes in the garage full of trouser bowls and scary castles hahaha.
SSze
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, just get a slightly rusted plate from an odd shop (its cheaper that way) or something, and then keep a damp cloth on top for a few days. its a really nice effect from the rust. our artist-in-residence at school taught me to work into rust with oil paints, its really lovely. and i'm just doing papier mache for my actual sculptural bit. the armature is just chicken wire hahaha.

try it!

me me me lol
you sound like an expert there
did you make that sculpture for real? looks amazingly complicated
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
he was actually my hero for years and years. until my mum sold off all his videos. i've never forgiven her for it ( there must be at least two boxes in the garage full of trouser bowls and scary castles hahaha.
D'aww :p: , maybe you can buy his dvds XD if they exist
I remember my castle lamp shade .. I was so creative XD
But I swear I never had access to pva glue when I was younger, maybe I was just deprived.. so I didn't get to make most of the stuff he showed ..:shifty:
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SSze)
me me me lol
you sound like an expert there
did you make that sculpture for real? looks amazingly complicated
yeah i'm still in the process of making it. i decided i would make it my final piece for my coursework but i still haven't really worked out how to ******** my way through my sketchbook to make it fit... haha.

it's not that complicated though. it might sound it but i'm definately just going by instinct and making it up as i go along. the sketches were just so i got the general idea. but frankly its never going to end up like my drawings so i'm just letting it morph into whatever comes along. i've started using molten wax as well.

go figure...

EDIT: OH MY GOD. MORPH. WHO REMEMBERS MORPH?!?! nostalgia trip or what man...
+epic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
great stuff guys

yeah i used to love art attack, my favourite bit always used to be when they would do the huge scale stuff at the end using random materials!
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by +epic)
great stuff guys

yeah i used to love art attack, my favourite bit always used to be when they would do the huge scale stuff at the end using random materials!
Yea, I once thought how amazing that was and how it was possible. Sigh naive
inferences
Report 10 years ago
Doesn't matter. the magic never fades.
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

try it!

Thanks, yeah I'll definitely try that. :p: I've seen oil paint on a rusted plate as a canvas and I know what you mean. There's this artist that painted a really nice portrait of a face on a rusted plate for a canvas and everything was crackled and dripping into each other. Was great. And the image was semi-transparent so you could see the rust as well.

Edit: are you using molten beeswax? if so, you'll have a looot of fun with it. I remember for my unit 7 exam, I did so many different experiments with molten liquids and materials fused together, was great.
+epic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Doesn't matter. the magic never fades.
exactly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed