I want to get a dog, advise me on which breed. (Please.) Watch

Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
No But if you think walking him for over an hour is too much then maybe you should get a dog that doesn't need as much exercise
More than an hour is fine, but two hours twice a day is not. I think there's a big difference but that's just me. Would say a Rottweiler run on an hour and a half of exercise a day? I mean I don't want it jumping through hoops, I just want it to be raised to be a good dog. That's all.
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
More than an hour is fine, but two hours twice a day is not. I think there's a big difference but that's just me. Would say a Rottweiler run on an hour and a half of exercise a day? I mean I don't want it jumping through hoops, I just want it to be raised to be a good dog. That's all.
Totally dude

Good luck with your new dog
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Totally dude

Good luck with your new dog
I was quite excited when I initially made this thread, but now I'm not. (Surprisingly.)
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was quite excited when I initially made this thread, but now I'm not. (Surprisingly.)
why? :sad: Dogs are amazing
tomoli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boxer - Great guard dogs, loyal, playful and very protective of family.
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alsatian/German Shepherd. They are quite frankly the best dogs ever. Loyal, obedient, but strong and majestic.
nick_the_big
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

i dont know how its called!
Misogynist
Rep:
?
why? :sad: Dogs are amazing
'Cause I thought it wouldn't require that much work. Seeing the posts on here scared me.

Also, I find dogs kind of filthy? I don't see them as something I could like or even love like some people on here do.

Maybe it has something to do with my parents' first dog biting me when I was little. I've been terrified of other people's dogs since. So much that if I see one walking down a street I'm walking on, I'll change routes or cross the road!
Misogynist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bagration)
Alsatian/German Shepherd. They are quite frankly the best dogs ever. Loyal, obedient, but strong and majestic.
Again, people have told me they're overly aggressive?
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Cause I thought it wouldn't require that much work. Seeing the posts on here scared me.

Also, I find dogs kind of filthy? I don't see them as something I could like or even love like some people on here do.

Maybe it has something to do with my parents' first dog biting me when I was little. I've been terrified of other people's dogs since. So much that if I see one walking down a street I'm walking on, I'll change routes or cross the road!
If you're terrified of dogs, when you're walking yours other dog owners will probably come up to you, and you might hate that.
They require a lot of work, you are in charge of a life, you have to feed him, walk him, stroke him, pay vets bills and lots more. If you don't like dogs why were you thinking of getting one? :p:
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Again, people have told me they're overly aggressive?
If you have other dogs around then that is true (especially other Alsatians), but my dad has trained and owned many a German shepherd and doesn't think they are overly aggressive. The problem is when you have other dogs they want to lead the pack.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
If you're terrified of dogs, when you're walking yours other dog owners will probably come up to you, and you might hate that.
They require a lot of work, you are in charge of a life, you have to feed him, walk him, stroke him, pay vets bills and lots more. If you don't like dogs why were you thinking of getting one? :p:
I like them and I'm not scared of them generally. I'm only scared of the one's who are walking freely and at a distance from their owners.

I just find them so unpredictable. One minute he'll be wagging his tail the next you'll see a muzzle containing razor sharp teeth coming at your face.

The scared bit isn't the problem though. I find them dirty, If I can overcome that I think I'd like dogs.

I much prefer cats. I think they're cute and sort of loveable unlike most dogs.
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like them and I'm not scared of them generally. I'm only scared of the one's who are walking freely and at a distance from their owners.

I just find them so unpredictable. One minute he'll be wagging his tail the next you'll see a muzzle containing razor sharp teeth coming at your face.

The scared bit isn't the problem though. I find them dirty, If I can overcome that I think I'd like dogs.

I much prefer cats. I think they're cute and sort of loveable unlike most dogs.
Most dogs aren't that unpredictable, they'd have to be provoked to go to such extremes.
Why don't you get a cat instead if you like them more?
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Most dogs aren't that unpredictable, they'd have to be provoked to go to such extremes.
Why don't you get a cat instead if you like them more?
I have two persian cats. They're awesome. Very low maintainance though. All they do is sleep, and when they're up they just sit on one spot.

I basically only have to feed them and clean up.

Won't be too intimidating on a late night walk though.
samfergal
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
staffies make amazing pets

find it hard to understand why you want an agressive dog though
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.imagecows.com/uploads/ed22-AKITA%20INU.jpg

how cute? couple of these puppys are available through RSPCA Shrewsbury...two months old. crossbreed, looks like they are crossed with alsation/german sheperd
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have two persian cats. They're awesome. Very low maintainance though. All they do is sleep, and when they're up they just sit on one spot.

I basically only have to feed them and clean up.

Won't be too intimidating on a late night walk though.
Are you sure your cats aren't scared of dogs?

If the only reason you want a dog is to look intimidating then I don't understand, sorry
Misogynist
Rep:
?
(Original post by princess_sue)
http://www.imagecows.com/uploads/ed22-AKITA%20INU.jpg

how cute? couple of these puppys are available through RSPCA Shrewsbury...two months old. crossbreed, looks like they are crossed with alsation/german sheperd
I like that one!
Echolife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello,

I'm buying a dog. Yes, I'm purchasing a dog with currency.

I want it to be aggressive yet obedient.

Which breed do I get?
Rhodesian Ridgeback, my neighbour has one, stunning looking dog though very protective of it's owner. :eek:
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like that one!
forgot to mention its an Akita. soo cute
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
49.06%
No - but I will (1)
1.89%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (25)
47.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise