Is there someone you love/like but you just can't? Watch

WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My ex who dumped me last week. Even though she dumped me in a horrible way (by text) and isn't talking to me at all now, I still feel like a part of me has been ripped out.
Ili
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SarahhhD)
innit just?
;no; albeit that's life.

(Original post by WelshBlueBird)
My ex who dumped me last week. Even though she dumped me in a horrible way (by text) and isn't talking to me at all now, I still feel like a part of me has been ripped out.
Dang, cruelty at its max. Sounds like how Britney dumped her husband and ended their marriage. :rolleyes: We all saw that one happening. *huggles for you though WBB*
Anonymous #20
Report 10 years ago
A guy that I was friends with for a few years...but I knew all along nothing could come of it. I didn't see him very often really (once a week, plus whenever I saw him on the bus to school), and I had no idea what his feelings were towards me. Some of the time he gave the impression that he liked me, we had a good laugh and whatever, other times he didn't seem too interested at all, as close to ignoring me as possible without saying nothing kinda thing. He wasn't fit at all admittedly, but he had a great personality, but it would've been way too complicated for so many reasons. And now I don't know if I'll ever see him again...for over a year now I've only seen him on the bus, and that was very rarely. Last time I saw him I just couldn't bring myself to go and talk to him...it wasn't as if he was talking to someone else or anything, and I would've liked to talk to him...it was just...weird really. Like I was subconciously telling myself to let go and his friendship is all in the past. And now he's moving to another school for 6th form and so he won't be getting my bus anymore, so I won't see him. I have no other way of contacting him.
Anonymous #6
Report 10 years ago
A teacher in my school. He is a young one so dont be freaked out. Ha. We have got on really well recently and talked a lot and its almost as he is flirting.
Thing is, im a boy too. Its really weird. We are both straight but there is something between us thats weird. There is so much tension when we are in the same room. I know nothing should happen as he is a teacher, and cos are both straight. its just a weird sensation neither of us can understand. Ahhhh.
Im not one of these pyschotic little teenagers by the way with a crush. Its not like that. Its a genuine feeling for this guy. Im so confused. Ahhh.

What do i do?!
Anonymous #7
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes. Distance. Internet. TSR. Problem.
:ditto: It's so confusing. I wonder how many people are in the same situation in this thread? :ninja:
Anonymous #21
Report 10 years ago
:ditto: It's so confusing. I wonder how many people are in the same situation in this thread? :ninja:
Many people, I imagine.
Anonymous #22
Report 10 years ago
I'm in love with someone who doesn't really care about me. It SUCKS.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get along with this girl, she's amazing; beautiful, funny. We have a great time when we go out with eachother ( as friends) the problem is that she is a couple of years older than me =(
CatatonicStupor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hah. It's a growing problem of mine right now. I can list the girls off by heart:

Number 1 is a really gorgeous young lady, and I mean ALL the time. It's one of those cases of 'If she puts on make-up, it's never ever too much because she doesn't need it.' Anyway, the reason I can't go further than being a friend is...well...actually I don't know why. If I wasn't such a fool, and could stand another rejection, I'd take the plunge and ask her face to face about taking it further... (I've already been a total "n00b" and told her I like her over the net, but she never replied)

Number 2 is a girl I've liked for a loooong time, like 3 years. But, we've tried the whole LDR thing, and it just doesn't work. So, simply put we're "just friends" because of distance (which is a kick in the teeth because she's one of the few to reciprocate on the 'love' thing).

I bet there are actually more chicas that I 'love/like' but can't have...but they are the main ones, simply because I can never have #1 unless a miracle happens; and I can't really have #2 unless the distance shrinks a helluva lot.
Anonymous #23
Report 10 years ago
theres a girl i kind of like who was in one of my classes in 6th form, we talk a bit on msn but its not much more than that. I would like to ask her out, but if i think im about to do it i never actually do. Also i think she has a BF, yet her facebook says she's single, but she has a message from a guy calling her babe oh well
topman21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm glad im not the only one...

We're good friends now but i see her more than a friend,
(only if i made my move a little sooner) sigh
Anonymous #24
Report 10 years ago
i loved a guy for like...3 years...who lived in a different country. sad i know.
strawberrysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How depressing is this thread!? I liked a guy for seven years at school and he never seemed interested! Then i moved away to uni and just as i thought nothing would happen he showed up in this club! started texting him after that and now we've been together for 5 months
Anonymous #25
Report 10 years ago
I think my head's being screwed over a long distance relationship. I'm asking myself whether its worth it.
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Just go for it... she probably feels the same way about you. Invite her over to your flat for a movie or something and work from there.

Who cares what your friends think?
No, she isn't really compatible with my mates so I wouldn't be able to go out with her and my mates together, so there'd definitely be a bit of a divide in my social life. I prefer it when my girlfriends a part of my existing social or friendship group, that way theres no awkwardness.
Anonymous #23
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by topman21)
I'm glad im not the only one...

We're good friends now but i see her more than a friend,
(only if i made my move a little sooner) sigh
Yeh i hate that her facebook says single, it makes me think i might have a chance, even though i probably dont Its annoying because if i asked her out and got rejected it would be totally awkward trying to talk to her, and if i asked her if she wanted to do something like go to a gig or something social then came on to her or something, id feel awkward and she would probably think i was a bit of a creep.
This is how annoying it is liking someone outside your friend group
rt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Wow, quite an amazing responce. I'm not the only poor soul who can't be with the person who they just can't get over lol.
Jacinta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm never going to do that again...
I guy that I've liked for months now has a girlfriend, and I found out about 2 weeks after they got together that he really liked me too...
Bummer, eh?
billet-doux
Report 10 years ago
I'm in this situation. At this precise moment I feel like screaming at him, but I know it'll only make the situation worse than it is already. I'm getting seriously annoyed and it's having a negative effect on my other friendships with people. I probably need to sort myself out.
billet-doux
Report 10 years ago
I think my head's being screwed over a long distance relationship. I'm asking myself whether its worth it.
You may as well try and give it a go. Are you already in this LDR or thinking about it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads