Imagining what people look like Watch

Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As has been said, I imagine people as their avatars. This can be particularly confusing when I see posts by people like Aconite or Emerald

I don't know many people on these boards and the majority I do have profile pics so there's no problem but it means I don't really know anyone well enough to guess based on posts etc

I do get this annoying habit when reading, when I totally ignore what the description of the character is, come up with my own image, sometimes of someone I know, and then the description end up being quite important :rofl:

Feel free to take the mick out of how you imagine me to be, or my actual pic (which I'd like to point out is over a year old. And I'm shaving tomorrow :sad:
GemmyMonster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aconite)
I'm intrigued, pumpkin. Or rather, my ego is potentially being stroked, which is always an enticing prospect. What did I look like? Whisper to me. Don't let everyone on here know.

Hmm. Can I give it a serious go?

Redhead - maybe looks more brown, or maybe proper red or ginger. But redhead somewhere there. Possibly dyed another colour. Longish face. Tallish, maybe 5'8? Hourglass shape, or close to. Feminine clothes, but not skimpy - classy. And your biggest assets are your breasts and your sense of humour. (See what I did there? :p: )

Am I close?

Edit: Mrgd291190 - on reading your post, until I saw your gender above, I thought you were a girl Sorry!
thats funny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sort of, but don't go on that to talk with folk on here -
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So people think i look like Venom? Nice.

Oh and i imagine anyone on TSR under the age of 17 to look like a young Severus Snape.
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
As has been said, I imagine people as their avatars. This can be particularly confusing when I see posts by people like Aconite or Emerald

I don't know many people on these boards and the majority I do have profile pics so there's no problem but it means I don't really know anyone well enough to guess based on posts etc

I do get this annoying habit when reading, when I totally ignore what the description of the character is, come up with my own image, sometimes of someone I know, and then the description end up being quite important :rofl:

Feel free to take the mick out of how you imagine me to be, or my actual pic (which I'd like to point out is over a year old. And I'm shaving tomorrow :sad:
Do you really look cartoonish?
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Redhead - maybe looks more brown, or maybe proper red or ginger. But redhead somewhere there. Possibly dyed another colour. Longish face. Tallish, maybe 5'8? Hourglass shape, or close to. Feminine clothes, but not skimpy - classy. And your biggest assets are your breasts and your sense of humour. (See what I did there? :p: )

Am I close?
You got some of it.
GemmyMonster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You got some of it.

Which bits? :p:
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
Do you really look cartoonish?
When I was 4, I was involved in an tragic accident with a steam-roller so I'm surprisingly 2-D

I meant the one in my Profile :ninja:

Are you a punk?
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I was 4, I was involved in an tragic accident with a steam-roller so I'm surprisingly 2-D

I meant the one in my Profile :ninja:

Are you a punk?
:rofl:

Um, yeah, I knew that :ninja: Ooh, you're from North Wales!!

No :sad:
Aconite
Rep:
?
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Which bits? :p:
Now that would be telling.
lolilady---O
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha I always do it
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:rofl:

Um, yeah, I knew that :ninja: Ooh, you're from North Wales!!

No :sad:

You're from Somerset! We're both farmers

Wish you were? ;console;
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
Now that would be telling.
It won't significantly compromise your anonymity. :p:
Cherry Kisses
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive never wondered what people on here look like.
Who wants to give me a go?
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reminded of another habit of mine. Like with nuttygirl - her real name (peeked at her profile :ninja:) is the same as someone I know, so, logically, both of them look exactly the same.

Actually...I know two people with that name and they both look like total opposites...
mart1203
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I do it all the time.
Aconite
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cherry Kisses)
Aww, you're a cutie-pie. Little and sweet, quite young-looking. It's probably the name wot makes me think it, actually.
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reminded of another habit of mine. Like with nuttygirl - her real name (peeked at her profile :ninja:) is the same as someone I know, so, logically, both of them look exactly the same.

Actually...I know two people with that name and they both look like total opposites...
I'm a hybrid!

Hmm, cherrykisses. Straight dark hair with normalish clothes, jeans and thelike?
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cherry Kisses)
Ive never wondered what people on here look like.
40 year old hairy man.

amirite?
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm a hybrid!

Hmm, cherrykisses. Straight dark hair with normalish clothes, jeans and thelike?
Well...they're both very attractive :hubba:

Same as me for cherrykisses, average but not in a bad way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (25)
49.02%
No - but I will (1)
1.96%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (24)
47.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise