Eating out Watch

Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by cillitbang)
maybe slight symptoms of orthorexia? dunno, i guess it depends whether food interferes with your daily activities.
orthorexia? :confused:
lolilady---O
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Sounds reasonable when you put it like that

Although apart from the mental aspect (which doesn't bother me - I have a will of steel), is there a biological reason why a cheat meal per week is good? I heard on The Biggest Looser (yeah I know, hardly a reliable source) that a cheat meal reminds your body that you're not really on a diet, so your body keeps loosing the weight, instead of going into starvation mode.
Yeah according to my mother (who is a nutritionist :p:) it is true, cheat meals keep the body guessing. If you eat the same thing everyday within a few weeks your body will adapt to the caloric intake. Like you have to spice things up and keep the body confused if that makes sense.
Metamorphosis_S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Mmmmmm chicken. Ages since I've had that.

Do they do brown pasta with the salads?
Just on the whole ED issue. If you're asking yourself whether or not you have one then it's likely you do. Then again if you're being influenced by people screaming 'anorexia!' in your face because you're eating healthily then ignore it. Calorie counting is fine, but if you start becoming happier when you've eaten less calories than you could then I would start worrying - 'only 1000 calories whoop whoop' isn't a good attitude to have, even if you feel that it's still a 'healthy' amount to have had in a day.

Hope that helped

Oh and there's a restaurant called 'Giraffe' they have in some places that does lots of healthy food.
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by T-o dore)
Sushi is healthy? Or wagamamas? Japanese/Thai/Morrocan food is gd for you. But it sounds like you like crappy english food so maybe a newish pub. Maybe if you said where you are that might help you.
I'm in Newcastle
InnocentEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
orthorexia? :confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa
it's not an official eating disorder diagnosis tho

anyway. HOW could I have forgotten giraffe? their brunch and sanwich menu in particular is great, very balanced and good portion sizes (according to a dietitian I've seen, not just my opinion )
cillitbang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
google it. but im not suggesting you have it, its just something to be aware of i guess
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Metamorphosis_S)
Just on the whole ED issue. If you're asking yourself whether or not you have one then it's likely you do. Then again if you're being influenced by people screaming 'anorexia!' in your face because you're eating healthily then ignore it. Calorie counting is fine, but if you start becoming happier when you've eaten less calories than you could then I would start worrying - 'only 1000 calories whoop whoop' isn't a good attitude to have, even if you feel that it's still a 'healthy' amount to have had in a day.

Hope that helped

Oh and there's a restaurant called 'Giraffe' they have in some places that does lots of healthy food.
Looks so good. Next time I'm in Oxford I'm there (seems to be my nearest one)
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
They do do wholemeal pasta on the Fish, Veg and Pasta menu (Simply Pasta)

There's also the Chicken menu.

They're really REALLY good at adjusting what they cook to meet your needs, too.
ooooh it's awesome! I'm really excited about this pub chain Thank you for introducing it to me! Enjoy your 535+ rep
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
ooooh it's awesome! I'm really excited about this pub chain Thank you for introducing it to me! Enjoy your 535+ rep
Awh, thank you!!
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)

How come i dont get 535 rep?
I was helpful
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Metamorphosis_S)
Yup that's exactily it. People trying to label me.

I've never bragged online about how many (or few) calories I eat. In fact, I've never mentioned it. :confused:
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by InnocentEyes)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa
it's not an official eating disorder diagnosis tho
But there's no way I'm 'emacipated'

Also a question such as "Does your diet socially isolate you?" could be replied in the affirmative by anyone on a diet (that is, until resturants start to cater for everyone).

Accoding to the details of 'Orthorexia', every fitness instructor I've ever known would have the condition! lol
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Oh the drama of eating out!

Can someone please advise where is the best place to eat for the minimum of calories/fat possible?

I'm a fan of Wetherspoons but their menu is limited.

Please suggest venues and menus!
I've just had a quick googlie and it ame up with 'Tantalus Restaurant' in Newcastle which is apparently low fat. Any good? http://uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-...le_upon_tyne-i

Pizza Hut do a good range of salads now, or if you wanta pizza you could go for an edge with half mozzarella.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I heard Nando's isn't that bad for you, fat and calories wise.
Metamorphosis_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Yup that's exactily it. People trying to label me.

I've never bragged online about how many (or few) calories I eat. In fact, I've never mentioned it. :confused:
I wasn't trying to imply that you were, I just saw that you asked a couple of pages ago if people thought calorie counting = an eating disorder. I just couldn't be bothered to find and quote it.
Didn't mean to cause offence
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prudy)
I've just had a quick googlie and it ame up with 'Tantalus Restaurant' in Newcastle which is apparently low fat. Any good? http://uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-...le_upon_tyne-i
Wow!!! Awesome!! Where did you search for that? :eek:

Charles baby! :hugs:
InnocentEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
But there's no way I'm 'emacipated'

Also a question such as "Does your diet socially isolate you?" could be replied in the affirmative by anyone on a diet (that is, until resturants start to cater for everyone).

Accoding to the details of 'Orthorexia', every fitness instructor I've ever known would have the condition! lol
well, I don't think weight is really a diagnostic factor, more a symptom which might raise suspicion. reminds me of a post I read on here once tho 'you don't have to be emaNcipated to be anorexic'...I nearly died laughing :p:

anyway. tis a pretty vague diagnosis which is why it's not official I reckon, as you said a huge proportion of people could probably be said to fit the criteria.

if your diet and your attitude towards it is enhancing your life and physical health rather than getting in the way of it I'd say there's no way you have a problem of any kind so tell people where to go!
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Wow!!! Awesome!! Where did you search for that? :eek:

Charles baby! :hugs:
Just whacked "low fat restaurants newcastle" into google.

Hey Tufts!! :hugs: (Can I apply for mit circ if I had to build a pond whilst revising for a retake :p:)
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prudy)
Just whacked "low fat restaurants newcastle" into google.

Hey Tufts!! :hugs: (Can I apply for mit circ if I had to build a pond whilst revising for a retake :p:)
If the pond was therapy for your (not existent) cerebral palsy, then yes
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
If the pond was therapy for your (not existent) cerebral palsy, then yes
:godancing: Cashback! God bless.....cerebral palsy?? :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads